Author Topic: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game  (Read 120238 times)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Re: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game
« Reply #420 on: October 10, 2013, 08:19:57 PM »
While leveling up squishy or low-damage alts, I would often turn to Frankenslotting to make things just a little more effective. When I had an attack to slot, I used an Accuracy/Damage from two different sets to get a little more oomph out of it. And if it was heavy on end, I'd also put in a couple of Damage/Endurance pieces alongside it. More bang for the buck, sorta thing.

When it came to Targeted AoE attacks, Detonation: Accuracy/Damage and Detonation: Damage/Endurance were always good choices. (Not that there were many choices for TAoE, mind you :P ). I remember having bids out for stacks of those recipes at levels 25 and 30, to prepare for the next round of crafting I'd have to do.

*sighs* I loved Frankenslotting. It was so helpful. :)

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #421 on: October 11, 2013, 05:25:41 AM »
*sighs* I loved Frankenslotting. It was so helpful. :)
Didn't know there was a name for it. Yeah, I made my scrank and blapper frankenslotting purples. God I miss Mids.

The first time I'd get an Ethereal Shift I'd make it and save it for emergencies. I later learned there was a name for that too - a Panic Button.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #422 on: October 13, 2013, 05:36:04 PM »
At times, Flashbang Grenades would get me out of a stcky situation.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #423 on: October 15, 2013, 02:42:56 PM »
Gladiator's Armor: +3% Def. It was a bit too pricy on the market for me to afford regularly, and being a PVP IO there was no way I'd ever have one drop. But I was planning to get one for Trip, and Swathe when she finally made it to 50. I was planning spiffy new builds for them anyway to take advantage of the new ATO sets. I was just waiting on the second set of super packs to start being sold. :-\

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #424 on: October 15, 2013, 03:09:22 PM »

When frankenslotting and you end up with one extra bubble, you can always rely on Hecatomb: Damage (Superior) to push you several parsecs into "diminishing returns".

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #425 on: October 16, 2013, 04:30:49 AM »
I have a few 'magical/mystic' characters that enjoy using the Idol of Lughebu!
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #426 on: October 16, 2013, 06:20:21 AM »
I agree, Triplash, re: Frankenslotting (usually I'd slot to get bonuses from 2 different sets, unless I really liked what a proc did on its own, but wasn't impressed with the set bonus.)

Also, Flouride, one can still have fun with Mids.  Don't ask me why, but over the past several months I have at times dreamt up whole new characters, designing their builds on Mids, just to play around with how various powerset combo's might work.  (We won't discuss the fact that I have a couple of 50's as well as lower level alts desperately in need of Respec, some even missing Issue 19 Inherent Fitness for whom I still haven't worked out builds.  It seems inconceivable that I would lack the obsession dedication to get this worked out for when City of Heroes is brought back.)

On to the Alphabet Game.  While the bonuses from Space and Time Manipulation are twice as good (and include a Stealth proc), if you needed something on the cheap, one could always take a Jaunthttp://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Category:Sets_for_improving_Teleport.

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #427 on: October 16, 2013, 03:24:56 PM »
Even at level 50, a Jet Pack still came in handy.

Like on a dropship raid....

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #428 on: October 17, 2013, 06:17:42 AM »
Any villain worth his salt loved Kinetic Shield when messing about in Siren's Call...

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #429 on: October 17, 2013, 07:23:47 AM »
LotG Def/+Rech

...and you're one step closer to permadom baybay!

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #430 on: October 18, 2013, 09:02:33 AM »
Without Midnight Visage, there was no hope to infiltrate that secret club!

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #431 on: October 18, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »
Numina's Convalescence: Regeneration/Recovery. Slot one in Health, it's well worth it.

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #432 on: October 19, 2013, 01:58:09 AM »
Ore Extractor

What?? I only get 5?!

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #433 on: October 19, 2013, 05:05:41 AM »
Watching the bodies hit the floor is always fun when using the Plasmatic Taser.

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #434 on: October 20, 2013, 01:30:41 AM »
I never once made a Quickfoot:Run/Endurance

But every one of my toons had a LEVEL 10...
Regenerative Tissue: Regeneration

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #435 on: October 21, 2013, 08:59:11 AM »
Ring of Pain not only hurts the baddies....I found it out the hard way on one of my own toons!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #436 on: October 22, 2013, 02:41:45 AM »
Hmmm, I am not sure whether we are doing Temp Powers - in which case the Shivan Shard http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Shivan_Shard fits with the Ore Extractor (listed earlier)

Or if we are doing IO sets - in which case Soulbound Allegience http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Soulbound_Allegiance  is my offering.

(Aside to Floride, I actually did craft and slot the Quickfoot: Run/End Red on a number of toons.)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #437 on: October 22, 2013, 05:32:26 AM »
Getting the Tsoo Inkman costume while ToTing is one of the only ways to have tats in the game!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #438 on: October 25, 2013, 12:36:01 PM »
In that case, Universal Travel IO sets anyone?  http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Category:Sets_for_improving_Universal_Travel 

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #439 on: October 26, 2013, 02:16:45 AM »

Vanguard HVAS
Everyone to the bowl!!