Author Topic: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game  (Read 120247 times)

Merseine

• Boss
Re: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game
« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2013, 03:59:28 PM »
If we've got a manhunt going, who else would fit in this spot but Jesse James

I mean the "real one" - not the current "celebrity" biker guy.  Nope, I mean the guy who the good folk in Northfield, MN (home of St. Olaf and Carleton Colleges) honor with their yearly "Defeat of Jesse James" Days. 

Because Jesse tried to rob the bank in Northfield and failed, because the bank teller wouldn't open the vault...which was totally unlocked and could have been opened with a tug on the door, but the teller bluffed Jesse long enough for the town to gather a posse and chase Jesse and his gang out of town. 

Then there's this gulch just outside of town that is the famous place that "Jesse Jumped" - when you stand there and look at it, you think "good lord, how did a horse actually jump this gap???" But they did, and got away because the posse wasn't going to risk their lives or their horses.

Wow...my short time of living/working in Northfield sort of stuck, didn't it?
/em holdtorch

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2013, 03:14:09 AM »
Ooh... I got K.

I will hunt down Kylie Minogue then.  And she must wear that clingy white thing in that video "Can't Get You Out of My Head." I believe that's all I got to say about that.

/What?  Why yes, indeed, I am a pig on the wind, watch how I oink.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2013, 04:55:11 AM »
Well I guess I'm gonna have to go to the Land of the Lounge Lizards and hunt down Larry Laffer. Since I'm no longer sure if we're hunting "lost people" or just "people", and also I don't have a lot of spare brain space right now cause I can't get "Can't Get You Out of My Head" out of my head.

*watches the video* And when she does closeups in that white thing she looks like Leelu... or maybe that's just me. *Watches the video again. To confirm the Leelu thing. Yeah that's why.*

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #223 on: April 05, 2013, 11:15:15 PM »
I am seeking Mercedes Lackey so I can give her a hug, a cup of hot cocoa, a soft and comfey place to relax, and a wish for peace from her chaos....
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »
I'm gonna hunt for Nana Mouskouri 'cause I dig her music, probably while reading up on nanites and nanotechnology.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2013, 03:00:06 PM »
I'm gonna hunt for Nana Mouskouri 'cause I dig her music, probably while reading up on nanites and nanotechnology.

While eating some banana bread? :D  And listening to Bananarama? ;D  On a banana boat in the banana republic? (Okay seriously, someone stop me. These puns are getting painful now :gonk: )

I think I'll try to seek out the past version of our young miss Clara Oswin Oswald, in an attempt to answer some of these mysteriously mysterious mysteries. Such as, why do I squee like a little girl every time a new Doctor Who episode airs? ???

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2013, 10:43:28 AM »
Awwww,  I liked your puns, but I don't want that to be a PUNishment for you , Triplash.

I'm off in search of Peter Parker 'cause he takes really kewl photographs of one of my favorite misunderstood superheroes!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2013, 05:20:25 PM »
I've always wanted to meet Mistress Quickly because of her talent with lewd malapropisms and double entendres.  Besides, anyone who gets into that many of Shakespeare's plays has to be worth my time.
/em holdtorch

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #228 on: April 07, 2013, 11:39:07 PM »
Were I in England a great while ago, we might be tryin' very hard to hunt down Robin Hood.  Either to catch him for his crime of stealing, or to maybe get a bit of that booty.

/I'm talkin' about the loot he took from the rich, ya pervs.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2013, 11:32:14 AM »
Well, fiddle dee dee!  Now that you've found Robin Hood, I shall go seeking for Miss Scarlett O'Hara!

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #230 on: April 10, 2013, 03:59:15 PM »
Time to look for Tiny Tim?
/em holdtorch

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #231 on: April 11, 2013, 01:49:55 AM »
Well, if he gets in trouble, he could possibly call upon Ultraman for help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL1p1iGZYb8

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #232 on: April 11, 2013, 07:04:33 AM »
I want to have Victor Borge read to me, using his special Phonetic punctuation!
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #233 on: April 11, 2013, 07:33:02 AM »
I'm gonna find Waldo, once and for all, and I'm gonna tag that little bugger with a GPS tracker so he can't pull one of his infamous disappearing stunts ever again.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #234 on: April 11, 2013, 07:46:07 PM »
I'm gonna quick go find the X-Men before someone else beats me to it!

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #235 on: April 13, 2013, 05:32:29 PM »
I think this one's the obvious choice.  "Weird Al" Yankovic.  'nuff said.

I think he's in Minnesota or something... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp9yqLbJ4Wk

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #236 on: April 14, 2013, 01:53:44 AM »
How about letting Frank Zappa have the final word on this one?

and to start things off again...

We could visit far away ( for some of us) countries that we've never been to before. For example. I could take a trip to Albania by plane or train or even across the sea.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:02:42 AM by JWBullfrog »
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2013, 03:22:25 AM »
Traveling incognito, I for one have never visited Batavia Bulgaria.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2013, 04:20:06 AM »
I'll put out a welcome mat for anyone who wants to come experience the distant and exotic land of Canada, birthplace of Scott Pilgrim and home of the majestic beaver. Nestled in between the legendary North Pole and scenic Niagara Falls, Canada makes a delightful destination on any sight-seeing journey.

And be sure to visit our gift shop while you're with us... we just got in a new shipment of "I <3 Moose" T-shirts, eh!

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #239 on: April 15, 2013, 12:22:45 AM »
I would love to shake Djibouti by visiting it and sampling a unique culture!