Author Topic: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...  (Read 128783 times)

Novapulse

• Underling
    • Novapulse @ Virtueverse
Re: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...
« Reply #260 on: December 12, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »
I had to replace my hard drive this week, I replaced all my COH folders from my backups but I get an error when I try to run the game (Happens right after the loading graphic using the game exe, or the new Icon exe)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File: bin/clientmessages-en.bin
Last Author/Status:Perforce.cpp failed to connect to Perforce.

Unable to locate bin/clientmessages-en.bin

Any clue what is wrong/how I can fix it?

Thanks.

ducklorange

• Lieutenant
    • Epic Duck Studios
« Reply #261 on: December 12, 2012, 03:02:23 PM »
We even get to create dredges or whatever they are called, had a bit of fun with this and continue to do so. Unfortunately the larger arms didn't translate to the demo, but still woot!!!

TA, email me a .costume file with the larger arm slider and I'll make it happen ;)  Because in 'normal' circumstances, the Arm Slider doesn't exist, DEMOlition is just dropping a 0.00 in there.  mike [at] epicduckstudios [dot] com
Build demorecord files from your CoH Costume & Titan XML files! [http://demolition.mcuznz.ca]

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #262 on: December 12, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »
I had to replace my hard drive this week, I replaced all my COH folders from my backups but I get an error when I try to run the game (Happens right after the loading graphic using the game exe, or the new Icon exe)

File: bin/clientmessages-en.bin
Last Author/Status:Perforce.cpp failed to connect to Perforce.

Unable to locate bin/clientmessages-en.bin

Any clue what is wrong/how I can fix it?

Thanks.

I've seen this message when trying to run the client that's missing some pigg files. Double check that your CohBeta piggs folder has 73 files, 4.524.431.896 bytes.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #263 on: December 12, 2012, 04:10:11 PM »
I've seen this message when trying to run the client that's missing some pigg files. Double check that your CohBeta piggs folder has 73 files, 4.524.431.896 bytes.
That was my issue and correcting it fixed it.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #264 on: December 12, 2012, 05:07:51 PM »
Is there a clean way to read the costume data out of a Sentinel+ character file and write it as a .costume file? I find that I have some characters with costumes I never saved to costume files, and I want to fiddle with them in the costume editor.

Novapulse

• Underling
    • Novapulse @ Virtueverse
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2012, 05:13:47 PM »

That would be the problem

Not sure what happened to my backup, but I got 0 pigg files.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2012, 05:34:43 PM »
Is there a clean way to read the costume data out of a Sentinel+ character file and write it as a .costume file? I find that I have some characters with costumes I never saved to costume files, and I want to fiddle with them in the costume editor.
Not that I know of.  The saved data is pretty straightforward though - it should be possible to export them manually until someone does produce a converter like that.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #267 on: December 12, 2012, 06:39:18 PM »
Could someone please help me get to the NPC part of the costume creator?  I just have the normal stuff and would love to play around with the NPC stuff.  I am on a PC.  Thank you.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2012, 06:42:20 PM »
Could someone please help me get to the NPC part of the costume creator?  I just have the normal stuff and would love to play around with the NPC stuff.  I am on a PC.  Thank you.

Make a shortcut to icon.exe. modify its target with -n outside the quotes. Wham, done.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #269 on: December 12, 2012, 06:44:07 PM »
Ok, I wish I was home right now so I could try it.  Is the -n before or after the quotes?   Thank you.

Ultimalord02

• Underling
« Reply #270 on: December 12, 2012, 06:47:31 PM »
curious...but is anyone else seeing the powersets and costumes sets that werent released....or even shown on the beta server yet????

cause i am...

and the more i see em...the more my... "disapproval" of NcSoft rises.
"flicking lighter"....one day NcSoft...one day...

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #271 on: December 12, 2012, 06:55:31 PM »
Yep, things like Psionic Melee and such...

I'm still having a hard time finding costume pieces though. I can't seem to find Ascencion pieces, and the NPC editor needs a guide to finding things like Statesman's mask.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:13:34 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #272 on: December 12, 2012, 07:06:12 PM »
Uncheck the option to only show free costume parts.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Ultimalord02

• Underling
« Reply #273 on: December 12, 2012, 07:27:04 PM »
check this shit out...

just look at that....so fukin close to chainsaw swords...

dat backpack...

whats better then one chainsaw blade...

HAHA THE CHAINSAWS HAS BEEN DOUBLED

man could it have gotten any better than that???

how bout one large enough to cleave thru an entire barn?
"flicking lighter"....one day NcSoft...one day...

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #274 on: December 12, 2012, 07:43:58 PM »

how bout one large enough to cleave thru an entire barn?

You called about a problem with some termites?
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #275 on: December 12, 2012, 07:49:36 PM »
Ok, I wish I was home right now so I could try it.  Is the -n before or after the quotes?   Thank you.

I have my stuff in a folder called "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\City of Heroes - Copy" because I backed it up and didn't want to mess up the original files.  The -n goes outside the quotes, as you'll see.  ONLY in the "Target" field.  Don't mess with "Start In."

Also it works best for screenshotting if you make the program be in Windowed mode.  So it'd be "-n -windowed" (without quotes)

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #276 on: December 12, 2012, 07:54:15 PM »
Perfect, thank you!!!  I will make a copy when I get home tonight.  I will be in Icon all night - lol!!!!

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #277 on: December 12, 2012, 08:52:36 PM »
For those who are having trouble starting icon -n, I'm sad. I'm very very sad that people these days don't remember .bat files. Back in my DOS days, I'd .bat the crap out of everything.

Anyway... download https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37952257/icon-npc.bat and put it on the same folder as icon.exe. When you double click icon-npc.bat, it'll run icon.exe -n in the same directory, and everybody will be happy. No need to mess with shortcuts.

Still sending out the i24 client to those who don't have it. Email leandrotlz@gmail.com and I'll get back to you with instructions.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:59:37 PM by Leandro »

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #278 on: December 12, 2012, 09:11:19 PM »
Thank you Leandro and Mikoroshi!!!

Cryfire

• Lieutenant
« Reply #279 on: December 12, 2012, 10:53:06 PM »
Thanks so much Codewalker for this awesome program, never thought I'd ever be able to play any City of Heroes again and creating the character was half the fun.  ;D