Author Topic: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...  (Read 128765 times)

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
Re: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2012, 11:52:22 AM »
Hi, Zyx. Hopefully you'll stick around a bit and fight for the cause.

Badaxe

• Underling
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2012, 11:53:14 AM »
Great job Codewalker and friends !

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2012, 11:59:31 AM »
--

redgiant

• Lieutenant
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2012, 12:02:52 PM »
The Registry entries CoX expects are all manufactured when missing as it starts up.

If you don't start it with -project <something>, look under HKLM\Software\Cryptic\CoH.

If you use -project xyz, look under HKLM\Software\Cryptic\xyz.

If you run the test client, it is wired as if it uses -project CoHTest, hence its key values are under HKLM\Software\Cryptic\CoHTest

The only thing missing you would need to manually fill in, if you really had a server to talk to, is the Auth key value's IP address. This is how SEGS works too, although they are using an I4 client atm.

Btw, is there a little friendly competition going on, I4 vs. I23? :)))

Kuriositys Kat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2012, 12:10:37 PM »
I find that Windows 7 does something different with overlays that prevents you from getting anything but a black screen if you are in full screen mode.  Your mileage may vary.

I use the snipping tool and it works wonderfully.  I actually have  the tool pinned to my task bar.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor

Solaris

• Minion
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2012, 01:45:59 PM »
Late to the party, but, Codewalker I'm completely amazed and very glad  you were able to get this working and so very quickly! Thanks, it means a lot to be able to play around with this.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2012, 02:26:59 PM »
Wow, the response has been amazing. I knew there was some interest, but underestimated just how much -- in a "We'll probably fill 2-3 Atlas Parks" kind of way.

I've created a dedicated thread for Icon, where I'll keep the top post updated with the latest version and instructions. I'll also be replying to some of the questions here, but over in that thread to keep the information in one place.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2012, 02:29:06 PM »
First huge Kudos to Codewalker.
Second, I think we're going to need a new domain -- loveletterstoparagon.com -- where we can host all of this post closure costume and demo design ( ' :
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Shotan

• Underling
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2012, 02:36:25 PM »
<bighappysnoopydance>
omgomgomgomgthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!

I may not sleep at all today...

</bighappysnoo...hell no, I ain't stoppin'! :]
Golden Rule: Do unto others...repeat as necessary.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2012, 02:44:13 PM »
Wow! Thank you so much for this. I'm still trying to figure out the -n bit, not sure where and how to edit that, but I just wanted to offer you a free commission, you totally deserve it! Just PM me and I'll get the details.

Thanks again!

Wow, that's incredibly generous of you! I'll have to think about who I'd want to do it for and I'll PM you. :)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2012, 02:47:08 PM »
Just want to say thanks for thinking of us Mac users. Can't wait to try it out!
And yes I  know Codewalker will make a mac version sometime. I remember my joy when he made sentinel for mac.
Codewalker is the man!

Credit where credit is due, Guy Perfect is the mad genius behind Sentinel and Sentinel+.

kgiesing generously ported it to Mac for us.

All I did for that one was make a few introductions.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2012, 02:58:04 PM »
I have a question. What if we have a computer that doesn't have CoX? I am currently working on a PC I reformatted. As in clean and factory new. Since CoX is shut down, can CoX even be reinstalled from the NCSoft launcher?

or.. since I have a PC with data/directory of CoX, Beta and Test, is it possible to copy and place that data onto another computer? Wouldn't I need registries or such, not just the folder from program Files?

Just wondering if my PC that's been reformatted is doomed to never be able to have the CoX data on it as it did back when CoX was still online.

You can just copy the whole folder from one computer to another. Put it in a flash drive for safekeeping even. You don't need the registry entries (it creates them when you run it), and COH has never needed to be "installed" to play it. Only the updater cared about that.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2012, 03:40:25 PM »
Humbly offering the logo (edited) from the iCon billboard that I was lucky enough to get put ingame, as the icon for this program!

http://www.bakkufu.co.uk/icon.ico

Awesome work and I look forward to updates!!!

Nice! I loved seeing that billboard in Steel Canyon.

The contrast seems a little low, may have to make some adjustments to make sure it's readable.

Would it be a lot of trouble to make one with just the 'i' by itself, centered, for the 16x16 version?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 03:47:31 PM by Codewalker »

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2012, 03:50:28 PM »
Quote from: Imagesbyalex on Today at 05:39:13 am
    Wow! Thank you so much for this. I'm still trying to figure out the -n bit, not sure where and how to edit that, but I just wanted to offer you a free commission, you totally deserve it! Just PM me and I'll get the details.

Thanks again!

Thats my dawg!

Very cool of ya bro.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:42:07 PM by ThorsAssassin »

kokushokubara

• Underling
    • The 5th War
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2012, 03:54:10 PM »
so Im idly wondering how many marriage proposals codewalker has gotten by now :P

UberGuy

• Underling
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2012, 03:57:44 PM »
Wow, the response has been amazing. I knew there was some interest, but underestimated just how much -- in a "We'll probably fill 2-3 Atlas Parks" kind of way.

Part of that might have been that it sort of went viral. I know as soon as I saw this I posted a link to it  in a CoH group on Facebook, for example, and I saw others do the same in other groups.

Because it rocks! :D

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2012, 04:29:01 PM »
Credit where credit is due, Guy Perfect is the mad genius behind Sentinel and Sentinel+.

kgiesing generously ported it to Mac for us.

All I did for that one was make a few introductions.

Yeah, that's right! I hope nobody's forgotten all the Mids builds they've exported from the game over the years. Be sure to spread the love around. (-:

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2012, 04:37:29 PM »
So I went in and played with the creator a little but I couldn't do much more than a couple options before I started getting really, really sad. Because no matter how much I play in there, I can't log them in and do the best thing about City: play the game with my friends.

If we ever DO get the game back and I run across that Arachnos Rularuu Drudge guy, I'm promptly crapping my spandex and running away!

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2012, 04:55:45 PM »
Yeah, that's right! I hope nobody's forgotten all the Mids builds they've exported from the game over the years. Be sure to spread the love around. (-:

Bah!  What have you done for me lately!

Kidding!   ;)

Zyxith

« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2012, 05:19:22 PM »
Hi, Zyx. Hopefully you'll stick around a bit and fight for the cause.

Greetings Perfidus, and I have been fighting as best I've been able to.

Hopefully I can get the game to work on my other PC. I apologize if I didn't read details yet, is it possible to log into the game beyond the character creator? That's a grand step itself yet, I got a busy error if I tried logging in which I'd imagine it'd be busy.