Author Topic: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...  (Read 128724 times)

MishaFox

• Minion
Re: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2012, 08:14:40 AM »
I use print screen and it takes a pic of everything BUT the costume creator. Much to my annoyance.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2012, 08:15:06 AM »
Yeah windows seven here, having no issues either. Was using Fraps before the question came up but the below is done with PRTSC in Windows 7:

Scitenik

• Underling
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2012, 08:17:18 AM »
This....this is very awesome. One of my favorite parts of the game was the character creator. I didn't have time/forgot to take screenshots of my saved costumes, so this...this is awesome!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2012, 08:22:44 AM »
I can work around the issue myself by switching to windowed mode, fortunately.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Decorum

• Underling
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2012, 08:29:17 AM »
All right, since I know a few people *cough* have been itching for this, here's a very, VERY rough version. Call it an alpha test.

http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.exe

Stick it in your COH program directory and run it from there.

This version works ONLY on the Issue 24 beta client. It also doesn't yet unlock VIP or purchasable costume parts. All of that I'm planning on doing, but wanted to get this out there as a proof of concept while I work on the polish. Tonight I'm hoping to work on that and on making it work with the last I23 client for all the slackers who didn't download Beta.

Yes I do see the irony in a program called Icon (after the tailor) not having an icon. That will be fixed soon. :)

**bows down in awe and gratitude**

MishaFox

• Minion
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2012, 09:00:34 AM »
How do you get into windowed mode?

Did i mention having this CREATOR IS COOL.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2012, 09:09:03 AM »
How do you get into windowed mode?
When you fire up icon and it takes you to the first screen of character creation, hit the "Back" arrow.  Click the SETTINGS button.  You should be able to change the screen/UI resolution to "Windowed".  If you then exit and restart icon, you should enter character creation in Windowed mode.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

æhæd

• Underling
  • Oh! Really?
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2012, 09:10:52 AM »
Fantastic stuff! Thank you very much Codewalker!!

I ran it in my beta CoH directory and got my first ever BSOD. Runs fine in my released-CoH directory though. Must resist the urge to use -n until I get home. Trying Beta again can wait too.

Will be fun to figure out how to translate costume files into demorecord costumes and run monster-heroes through saved missions, insofar as any of that might actually work :)

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2012, 09:25:59 AM »
All right, since I know a few people *cough* have been itching for this, here's a very, VERY rough version. Call it an alpha test.

http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.exe

Stick it in your COH program directory and run it from there.

This version works ONLY on the Issue 24 beta client. It also doesn't yet unlock VIP or purchasable costume parts. All of that I'm planning on doing, but wanted to get this out there as a proof of concept while I work on the polish. Tonight I'm hoping to work on that and on making it work with the last I23 client for all the slackers who didn't download Beta.

Yes I do see the irony in a program called Icon (after the tailor) not having an icon. That will be fixed soon. :)

I must be a dork, but i can't even start up COH. Just says i need to start it through the launcher, which i will never ever try. Can anyone here guide me?
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

Gothenem

• Minion
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2012, 09:29:39 AM »
I must be a dork, but i can't even start up COH. Just says i need to start it through the launcher, which i will never ever try. Can anyone here guide me?

Do not start up City of Heroes. Just double click on icon.exe

MishaFox

• Minion
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2012, 09:37:14 AM »
THANKS! Switching to Windowed mode worked.

THIS IS SO COOL.

MishaFox

• Minion
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2012, 09:49:11 AM »
Put the ICON.EXE into the City of Heroes folder and run it from there by double clicking on it

ArachnosCommander

• Underling
  • www.ArachnosElite.com
    • www.ArachnosElite.com
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2012, 10:01:14 AM »
Ok, seriously awesome. After I started this thread, I was looking through my old PC for ways to get the Cheat Engine working. But the reason I stopped using that PC was due to drive failures and after messing with it, the drive is totally gone. Then I started getting sick and stayed in bed nearly 24 hours.

Seeing what Codewalker has done has picked up my spirits a lot. I may have lost some family photos but at least I get to play around with the costume creator again! :D

You da man, Codewalker!

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2012, 10:05:57 AM »
Ahhhh it even lets us see all the powers.  Beyond awesome!  Thank you so much!

Zyxith

« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2012, 11:12:37 AM »
I have a question. What if we have a computer that doesn't have CoX? I am currently working on a PC I reformatted. As in clean and factory new. Since CoX is shut down, can CoX even be reinstalled from the NCSoft launcher?

or.. since I have a PC with data/directory of CoX, Beta and Test, is it possible to copy and place that data onto another computer? Wouldn't I need registries or such, not just the folder from program Files?

Just wondering if my PC that's been reformatted is doomed to never be able to have the CoX data on it as it did back when CoX was still online.

Golden Ace

• Boss
  • Moon Zone Damn it!
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2012, 11:14:14 AM »
was up till well past midnight last night on this.

*Shakes fist at codewalker*

You cost me hours of sleep darn you!!!

Thank you CW

Well worth the loss. 

Golden Ace

• Boss
  • Moon Zone Damn it!
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2012, 11:15:13 AM »
I have a question. What if we have a computer that doesn't have CoX? I am currently working on a PC I reformatted. As in clean and factory new. Since CoX is shut down, can CoX even be reinstalled from the NCSoft launcher?

or.. since I have a PC with data/directory of CoX, Beta and Test, is it possible to copy and place that data onto another computer? Wouldn't I need registries or such, not just the folder from program Files?

Just wondering if my PC that's been reformatted is doomed to never be able to have the CoX data on it as it did back when CoX was still online.

torrent it?  I'm guessing mind you

Zyxith

« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2012, 11:26:43 AM »
Well, I mean will simply saving the directory in Program Files be enough?

Second question, can CoX still be installed from the NCSoft Launcher.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2012, 11:38:10 AM »
Once the download is complete, I click on the file it downloaded and click "run" and it gives me "File failed to launch" error or something of the nature. I'm running a Window 7 computer. If anyone has any assistance or guidance, that would be really helpful :) Thanks!
You need to put the executable in the same place where the City of Heroes executable is. That is the only way it will work.
or.. since I have a PC with data/directory of CoX, Beta and Test, is it possible to copy and place that data onto another computer?
Yes. I've done that myself.
Wouldn't I need registries or such, not just the folder from program Files?
The client will create the required entries on its own IIRC.
Second question, can CoX still be installed from the NCSoft Launcher
Not as far as I know. Its' update servers are offline.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:48:57 AM by The Fifth Horseman »
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2012, 11:48:45 AM »

Just the folder from Program Files is fine. Copy Icon to it and launch it, and the first time it'll launch with really ugly graphic settings. Click "back" in the costume creator to go back to the login screen, then click the "Settings" button to fix all your graphics. That'll create the registry keys it needs.

If for some reason icon fails to the start the game, open a command window in the City of Heroes folder and launch cityofheroes.exe -project coh to bring up the login screen.

It was removed from the NCsoft Launcher, so don't bother with that.