Author Topic: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...  (Read 129566 times)

davpa

• Underling
    • Entropy Legion VG in Virtue
Re: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2012, 06:52:27 AM »
Instructions For the Mac Edition (this should work both with the I23 and I24 clients):

...3.  Use the finder's Go To Folder command and select ~/Library/Preferences.

4.  Delete com.ncsoft.* (anything beginning with that) and City of Heroes preferences....

I don't have a Library in my home directory anymore, so many things got moved in Mountain Lion.  The Preference folder "above" the home directory does not contain any com.ncsoft.* files.  Are they somewhere else in the new Mountain Lion restructure?  Doing a search turns up nothing either.

I followed all the other directions using the Beta Client and I get an error that states: Error! Failed to launch process!

What am I doing wrong?
If life closes a door, open it back up.  That is how doors work.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2012, 06:57:14 AM »
Holy shnikeys... I fall asleep early one evening and when I wake up you guys have gotten us back into the costume creator?!?!? What the pancake, man??? What could you do if I promise to sleep every day for like a month? :o

But seriously, huge thanks Codewalker, this is fantastic news to wake up to! ;D

And thanks to RedRaccoon too, for inspiring it to happen so soon... if at all, perhaps. That story about you (and a couple others, if I read right?) being in the costume creator all this time? That's just beautiful, that is :D

Now I'll have to see how long I can keep it going.

I'd shoot for 33 days at least 8)

Gothenem

• Minion
« Reply #162 on: December 11, 2012, 07:08:14 AM »
I checked, and my drivers are updated. I wonder...

I am still in squee mode here.

It's a shame we can't use a similar trick to bypass and enter the game itself. I know I'd be playing alone, but still :(

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2012, 07:15:25 AM »
So I went in and played with the creator a little but I couldn't do much more than a couple options before I started getting really, really sad. Because no matter how much I play in there, I can't log them in and do the best thing about City: play the game with my friends.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Lady Luck

• Minion
  • Formerly of the Victory server
« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2012, 07:21:57 AM »
I am so happy right now. I don't know whether to cry  :'( or run around kissing everyone  :-*!
Thank you so much for giving us back one of the best parts of the game.
Codewalker you (and everyone at Titan) rocks!
I found the crappy town where I'm the hero!
But then NCSoft took it away :(

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2012, 07:27:01 AM »
I checked, and my drivers are updated. I wonder...

I am still in squee mode here.

It's a shame we can't use a similar trick to bypass and enter the game itself. I know I'd be playing alone, but still :(

Unfortunately, the trick that's occurring is almost certainly the act of bypassing the need for the game client to contact the game itself, so there's no way for a similar trick to log you into the game per se.  The costume creator never actually needed the game servers; it used the game servers to determine certain things like what you were supposed to see and not see in the editor, but the editor itself never needed the game.

In a certain sense, running the game without the game servers is what demorecord playback does.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2012, 07:31:45 AM »
We even get to create dredges or whatever they are called, had a bit of fun with this and continue to do so. Unfortunately the larger arms didn't translate to the demo, but still woot!!!

This was what he was supposed to look like with the long arms :P

Okay enough derailing, may be time for a new thread lol, wanna say thanks again Code and everyone else working their ass off to give us things like this. I wanna buy you guys a beer!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:46:21 AM by ThorsAssassin »

Tsumiju Zero

• Underling
« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2012, 07:39:36 AM »
Humbly offering the logo (edited) from the iCon billboard that I was lucky enough to get put ingame, as the icon for this program!

http://www.bakkufu.co.uk/icon.ico

Awesome work and I look forward to updates!!!

Septipheran

« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2012, 07:45:37 AM »
I finally got DEMOlition working... The guy from earlier doesn't look as cool without his Katana and eye aura though. Also I had to change him out of the new Knight leg armor because it was showing up invisible :s

MishaFox

• Minion
« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2012, 07:55:09 AM »
Ok. I have a stupid question. How do I save a pic of the toon I'm doing in he costume creator? To save a screenshot of the whole page?

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2012, 08:01:43 AM »
Ok. I have a stupid question. How do I save a pic of the toon I'm doing in he costume creator? To save a screenshot of the whole page?

You can still use the printscreen to snap a shot of the character creator, then paste it into something like irfanview or paint, then save it.

Just checked, still works :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #171 on: December 11, 2012, 08:06:08 AM »
I find that Windows 7 does something different with overlays that prevents you from getting anything but a black screen if you are in full screen mode.  Your mileage may vary.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Septipheran

« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2012, 08:10:24 AM »
I find that Windows 7 does something different with overlays that prevents you from getting anything but a black screen if you are in full screen mode.  Your mileage may vary.

I'm on Windows 7 and I'm not having that issue.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2012, 08:12:47 AM »
I think it's a combination of the overlay with specific video cards.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

MishaFox

• Minion
« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2012, 08:14:40 AM »
I use print screen and it takes a pic of everything BUT the costume creator. Much to my annoyance.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2012, 08:15:06 AM »
Yeah windows seven here, having no issues either. Was using Fraps before the question came up but the below is done with PRTSC in Windows 7:

Scitenik

• Underling
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2012, 08:17:18 AM »
This....this is very awesome. One of my favorite parts of the game was the character creator. I didn't have time/forgot to take screenshots of my saved costumes, so this...this is awesome!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2012, 08:22:44 AM »
I can work around the issue myself by switching to windowed mode, fortunately.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Decorum

• Underling
« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2012, 08:29:17 AM »
All right, since I know a few people *cough* have been itching for this, here's a very, VERY rough version. Call it an alpha test.

http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.exe

Stick it in your COH program directory and run it from there.

This version works ONLY on the Issue 24 beta client. It also doesn't yet unlock VIP or purchasable costume parts. All of that I'm planning on doing, but wanted to get this out there as a proof of concept while I work on the polish. Tonight I'm hoping to work on that and on making it work with the last I23 client for all the slackers who didn't download Beta.

Yes I do see the irony in a program called Icon (after the tailor) not having an icon. That will be fixed soon. :)

**bows down in awe and gratitude**

MishaFox

• Minion
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2012, 09:00:34 AM »
How do you get into windowed mode?

Did i mention having this CREATOR IS COOL.