Author Topic: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...  (Read 128710 times)

Manga

• Elite Boss
Re: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2012, 04:55:05 AM »

Attention Mac people:  The process I've outlined for the Mac Edition is very fragile.  There's a possibility that pasting the text into the Info.plist slightly wrong may cause the entire process to fail.

Since that's the weak point in the process, I'm going to see if I can get Codewalker or TonyV to host a carefully crafted Info.plist so that we're all using the same one.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2012, 04:55:53 AM »
Save it before you get to the power screen.....then it will save as a costume file.   I discovered the same thing.   (or  just back up until you are back in the costume creation screen and save it then)

aaah haaaa, ty so much, that worked!

Also, black knight pieces too? Hell yes! *man hugs Codewalker*

I didn't see the ascension pieces there, would the -n thing work  for that?

FlameBailador

• Underling
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2012, 04:58:21 AM »
Wow.  Just wow.  Thanks for posting this...at least I can get my costume fix.  :)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2012, 04:59:29 AM »
Yeah, the way ascension is unlocked is... stupid.

I'm going to try to figure out a way to do it, but its way more complex than anything Icon is doing so far.

In the meantime, they are accessible with -n

Nightmare

• Underling
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2012, 05:02:56 AM »
I'm having issues getting mine to download. I click the link, and it brings up a page for me to click the download, and it does (It will not allow me to choose where to save the file initially, and i don't know how to change that or if I need to) Once the download is complete, I click on the file it downloaded and click "run" and it gives me "File failed to launch" error or something of the nature. I'm running a Window 7 computer. If anyone has any assistance or guidance, that would be really helpful :) Thanks!
It's me.
Pesi.
:3

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2012, 05:04:51 AM »
SO MANY HUGS FOR YOU!

Seriously, costumes was one of those special things that /made/ the game--and seeing it launch like that.... so many memories and feelings!--And to get this back--really--it's... it's wonderful! I spent /hours/ on character design!

THANK YOU! :hugs!: Seriously, I almost cried with happiness. This.... this is too amazing for words!

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2012, 05:06:49 AM »
Yeah, the way ascension is unlocked is... stupid.

I'm going to try to figure out a way to do it, but its way more complex than anything Icon is doing so far.

In the meantime, they are accessible with -n

When editing, you edit the target right? Just tried and it said it wasn't a valid path, what am I doing wrong?

Cannot thank you enough bro!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2012, 05:08:40 AM »
Make sure there aren't quotes around the -n part or it will think that's part of the filename as well.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2012, 05:12:01 AM »
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, all that, AND a big ol' bag of chips.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2012, 05:15:05 AM »
I'm just getting a "Black Magic Failed!" error message when trying to run the program.  Maybe my version of the game isn't updated fully?  I'm trying this out on my laptop which admittedly might not have the most up-to-date CoH installation around(out of town until thursday- I'm sure it'll work at home but figured I'd give it a shot here).

Not sure what info I could provide that might help.  Windows 7 though.
green hair

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2012, 05:18:52 AM »
You probably have a slightly old version.

It's interesting, to get that particular message, you have to have a client that is VERY close to either the I23 or I24 version, but just a tiny bit off.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2012, 05:20:49 AM »
Make sure there aren't quotes around the -n part or it will think that's part of the filename as well.

Yeah that did it man!  Opened up EVERYTHING! I even have the woodsman horns...You. Are. The. Man!

majordeej

• Minion
    • Major Deej Universe
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2012, 05:29:22 AM »
YOU!!!! You incredible, awesome SOBs!!!!  You just made my birthday the BEST EVER!!!!!

THANK YOU for all this!!! OMG this is just pure awesome wrapped in choclate covered bacon!!!  Gentlemen, take a bow! *runs around room happily screaming WAHOOOOOOOOOO while flailing arms, then goes back to ICON*
Creator of Major Deej Universe
http://majordeejuniverse.com
Home of Major Deej Comics and characters!

Septipheran

« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2012, 05:34:40 AM »
Hey, happy birthday major deej!

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2012, 05:38:23 AM »
You probably have a slightly old version.

It's interesting, to get that particular message, you have to have a client that is VERY close to either the I23 or I24 version, but just a tiny bit off.

I have a feeling my laptop's install is partially updated or something bizarre like that.  I'm probably a fringe case.  I only use this thing at school, which had the download server blocked about 80% of the time, and the times it didn't it would shut off pretty quick into any download.

I'll make sure it works on my actual, complete Live and Beta installs at home Thursday night just to be sure though.

But thanks again for making this possible, especially with NPC parts.
green hair

Liberties

• Minion
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2012, 05:38:44 AM »
TY so much Codewalker,

this has me hopeful that we are closer to the breakthrough for our game to return... and if not then I will take this miracle and my 4 yr old and I will play with it till the wheels fall off... Thanks so much man,

Elvnsword

Imagesbyalex

• Underling
    • Imagesbyalex on Deviantart
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2012, 05:39:13 AM »
Wow! Thank you so much for this. I'm still trying to figure out the -n bit, not sure where and how to edit that, but I just wanted to offer you a free commission, you totally deserve it! Just PM me and I'll get the details.

Thanks again!

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2012, 05:40:31 AM »
and.....

coolest thing ever...

Using this and DEMOlition. I love you guys!

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2012, 05:42:38 AM »
UPDATE!

http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.exe

This build now unlocks all store-bought and paragon rewards costume parts, which covers about 95% of the items in the game. That includes ones that weren't "released" yet, like the Black Knight set (though you'll need the beta client for those).

Granting the old-style unlockables proved to be a bad idea as it also unlocks ALL customizable weapons regardless of powerset, which makes the list quite hard to navigate. So unfortunately the things like Rularuu weapons and the pumpkin head can't be accessed normally right now.

However, if you really need to use them, this version also includes a somewhat secret "-n" flag that you can give it, which will activate the game's super-secret NPC edit mode, giving you access to everything, including NPC/dev-only parts. You can make some truly hideous characters with those, enjoy!

-n seems to cause a bit of flakiness.  When you start "-n" I'm getting it where it bypasses AT selection and powers selection.  So you get Archery/Devices.  This makes it harder to take pics in the Power customization window if you want something that isn't overlapped by the costume editor UI.

Also, -n unlocks the ARMS slider.

So you get nasty things like this:

and this

and this!

Still, I perservered and Steely Blue Statesmarauder Brawler was born!

majordeej

• Minion
    • Major Deej Universe
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2012, 05:44:23 AM »
Hey, happy birthday major deej!

Thanks Septipheran!!!!! Had a great day at work, co-workers took me out for dinner, had Margaritas, and the New England Patriots won tonight.....but that pales to this...this...SUPERINCREDIBLEAWESOMESAUCE news!! 

Heh.  Damn I'm having a GREAT day!!!
Creator of Major Deej Universe
http://majordeejuniverse.com
Home of Major Deej Comics and characters!