Author Topic: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...  (Read 128713 times)

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
Re: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2012, 04:06:35 AM »

....Woah.

Unf.

I'm itching to make "Rularuu-infected" costumes now...
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Septipheran

« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2012, 04:10:03 AM »
Unf.

I'm itching to make "Rularuu-infected" costumes now...

Baha, I want to play the character so badly now. :(

Also in case anyone is wondering, his weapon was tricky to screen like that. First you have to select the Carnival of War Mace, then the (something) Elemental Katana. I had to screen grab it while I moused over the Katana selection or else the mace would disappear and I lost the handle and yellow glow around it. Kinda ghetto, but it made for a good picture.  8)

Liberties

• Minion
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2012, 04:12:03 AM »
ok having an issue,

we are getting a "incorrect version" error, any work around for this?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2012, 04:17:20 AM »
ok having an issue,

we are getting a "incorrect version" error, any work around for this?

What's in your version.ini file?

epawtows

• Elite Boss
  • Mechanical Engineer
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2012, 04:20:25 AM »
UPDATE!

http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.exe

How does it work?  All I get are error statements. 

Edit - figured it out, sorry.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:38:02 AM by epawtows »

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2012, 04:21:57 AM »
As a side note, I told you that I was just the mascot!  ;)

MajorMortal

• Underling
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2012, 04:26:48 AM »
 :) Codewalker you made my day! Thank you so much! I literally spent 50% of my time costume creating for my toons and AE mishes. This is fantastic! and I'm not even turning down the music while playing around like I use to in game :)

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2012, 04:32:35 AM »
So, how do I put this in my COH directory? Sorry, holiday stuff and many other projects going on here.

Omega Force 1990

• Minion
  • Police Officer, National Guardsman
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2012, 04:35:53 AM »
"Thank you" comes nowhere close to expressing my gratitude for your work, Codewalker.  Once I realized it really worked, I raced downstairs with tears of joy in my eyes to wake up my wife to share the good news.  The only costume part I noticed missing are rocket boots, and those show up if I use the Cheat Engine Leandro linked to.

Epawtows, that link downloads the program "Icon".  Download it and drag it into your City of Heroes folder and then doubleclick Icon.exe.  It should show you the loading screen and then jump to the character creation section.

voodoogirl

« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2012, 04:36:25 AM »
*hugs*

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2012, 04:36:56 AM »
Freaking Awesome work here Code! I have it going through the Beta client and have every available option for costumes, maybe because I had everything unlocked before in Beta?

Either way I love it brother! We need to get something going and buy you a dinner my friend, you rock!

This might explain the sudden swelling of people putting costumes through DEMOlition ;)

For those who haven't seen it, I've thrown together a quick web-based tool that converts .costume and Titan Sentinel+ dumps into small demorecord files.  There's a few choices of Camera position/motion, a couple of locales (adding more daily), and a few other options, all of which result in outputting a basic demorecord file you can use to view costumes new and old in-game.

http://demolition.mcuznz.ca

For anyone who's interested in hosting their own copy of DEMOlition for personal/SG use, would like to assist in adding more locations/features, or just wants to check out the source code and make sure I'm not being a devious bastard, you can check out the project on GitHub: https://github.com/mcuznz/DEMOlition

Heya Duck! Would this program work on powerCust files? I see that when ya save it, it saves the file as 'Assassin of Thor.powerCust'. Guess I could just go try it lol.

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2012, 04:37:52 AM »
Codewalker, thanks so much for getting this up and running.  If nothing else, this is going to be a fantastic tool for pen & paper RPG players to make NPCs.

Hell, I have people trying to get me back into writing fan-fic...this might be the inspiration I need for new characters :)
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2012, 04:38:10 AM »
On a second note, Elvnsword has multiple 'features' that I don't. Like Wind Control and Savage Melee (now i'm just angry at NCSoft moreso than I was). Is there a particular 'updated' file that can be traded and cause a force update?

That sounds like Elvnsword is running it in the Issue 24 beta folder, which has those features. The Issue 23 client doesn't have them. Though most of those new powersets don't actually have FX or animations for them yet -- they were just using placeholders for development.

If your beta install is broken, you can simply copy Elvnsword's if you have the ability to transfer files.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2012, 04:38:31 AM »
Thank you so much for this. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2012, 04:38:38 AM »
Hey, thanks for this tool. It's really neat.

Alas, the golf-hating Merman that shall never be!

When they built the Statesman Memorial Golf Course they did not realize that the scenic 18th hole, with its amazing ocean view, overlooked the long-lost civilization of Atlantis. With the course now open to public play, Atlantis finds itself in danger of being buried beneath a mountain of poorly-hit golf balls. In response, Atlantis has sent a champion to the surface world to punish bad golfers and save Atlantis from total destruction. He wears a golf bag on his back as a warning to all!

Septipheran

« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2012, 04:38:47 AM »
On a second note, Elvnsword has multiple 'features' that I don't. Like Wind Control and Savage Melee (now i'm just angry at NCSoft moreso than I was).

WOAH.. I totally overlooked this. Looks like Radiation and Psionic Melee too! Checking out animations now.

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2012, 04:39:32 AM »
Heya Duck! Would this program work on powerCust files? I see that when ya save it, it saves the file as 'Assassin of Thor.powerCust'. Guess I could just go try it lol.

Save it before you get to the power screen.....then it will save as a costume file.   I discovered the same thing.   (or  just back up until you are back in the costume creation screen and save it then)
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2012, 04:40:04 AM »
"Thank you" comes nowhere close to expressing my gratitude for your work, Codewalker.  Once I realized it really worked, I raced downstairs with tears of joy in my eyes to wake up my wife to share the good news.  The only costume part I noticed missing are rocket boots, and those show up if I use the Cheat Engine Leandro linked to.

If you don't want to have to use the Cheat Engine stuff, you can make a shortcut to Icon.exe, edit the shortcut and add a "-n" at the end. So it would look like.

icon.exe -n

Adrenalin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2012, 04:40:58 AM »
UPDATE!

http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.exe

This build now unlocks all store-bought and paragon rewards costume parts, which covers about 95% of the items in the game. That includes ones that weren't "released" yet, like the Black Knight set (though you'll need the beta client for those).

Granting the old-style unlockables proved to be a bad idea as it also unlocks ALL customizable weapons regardless of powerset, which makes the list quite hard to navigate. So unfortunately the things like Rularuu weapons and the pumpkin head can't be accessed normally right now.

However, if you really need to use them, this version also includes a somewhat secret "-n" flag that you can give it, which will activate the game's super-secret NPC edit mode, giving you access to everything, including NPC/dev-only parts. You can make some truly hideous characters with those, enjoy!

*Runs squeeing through thread and plants a big kiss on Codewalker.*

You my sir are a god among men. If you'll send me your address I'll send you pie, or cookies, cookies are easier to send.  ;D

And kudos plus high five to whoever it was that mentioned that the program connection doesn't fall off server side.

*Runs back out of the thread squeeing all the way.*

PatrickAT

• Underling
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2012, 04:50:15 AM »
Codewalker, I can't even begin to tell you how much you rock for creating this.  I'd thought I'd never be able to see my characters "live" again without futzing with demo files.  Getting back the part of the game that I probably spent half of my time in not counting my SG play time is just... ALL THE FEELS.