Author Topic: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...  (Read 128699 times)

Xenos

• Lieutenant
Re: So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2012, 01:17:48 AM »
Well, this is darn exciting. I'll try the windows version...but if Codewalker or TheManga can cook up a Mac version, I'd be thrilled.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 01:25:31 AM »
This is so amazing. THANK YOU CODEWALKER!
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 01:28:30 AM »
OH YES! So much thanks Codewalker!

Question. Did I mis-read something? I thought the patch couldn't load the unlockable stuff, but I can load costumes that have unlockable parts in them.
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

pyber

• Minion
  • Das Hamster
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 01:35:17 AM »
Thanks Codewalker!  You're awesomesauce.  Already gone in and dabbled a little, and now just going to wait (im)patiently for the other parts to be worked out.  But in the meantime, dude, you're my hero.    :D
"From my big beautiful warlock brain, welcome to 'Sheen's Korner' ... You're either in my corner, or you're with the trolls."

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012, 01:46:46 AM »
AWESOME!!!

SQUUUUUEEEEEE!!!!....   *FLAILS LIKE A MUPPET*

*ahem*

Anyway - Codewalker you are DA MAN!!!

However...

I need to call to your attention something that's missing - this program is not recognizing veteran awarded costume bits.

Probably not telling you anything you haven't noticed yet - but I thought it needed saying. And illustrated with examples so that you know what to look for.

This is Cyberman 8 from the "Saved costume" section. The program is obviously seeing and rendering the brim on his helmet (listed here as (9, Eye Detail) ) at this stage. But it won't load the costume without a "correction". That brim comes from the "Samurai" costume set awarded to Veterans (I forget which month).

Not only is it not loading it, but the option isn't even visible in the list. It should be somewhere in the section near where I have the "Roman Browguard" highlighted.

Same problem with the "Sleek Tech" skin. Here's what happens.

And also with trenchcoats.

EVEN SO... I'm STILL joyous that we've gotten THIS much up and running! I'm NOT bitching about this at ALL. Just wanted to give you a heads up about it.

I have every confidence you will find a way to unlock those options. Cause you're just that damn GOOD. :D

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012, 01:52:30 AM »
I need to call to your attention something that's missing - this program is not recognizing veteran awarded costume bits.
Work on accessing unlockable costume pieces is ongoing.  ;)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

djonehitwonder

• Minion
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2012, 01:54:05 AM »
OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! 

This is exactly what I need to get my project of creating costume pieces in real life off the ground.  You are so much made of awesome!!

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 01:55:47 AM »
Instructions For the Mac Edition (this should work both with the I23 and I24 clients):

0.  Most important:  MAKE A COPY OF YOUR CITY OF HEROES FOLDER.  Since we'll be modifying it irrecoverably, it's best to work with a copy.

1.  Download icon.exe from Codewalker's link.

2.  Toss the NCSoft Launcher in the trash.  Not really necessary, but it's fun.  Laugh while the trash empties.

3.  Use the finder's Go To Folder command and select ~/Library/Preferences.

4.  Delete com.ncsoft.* (anything beginning with that) and City of Heroes preferences.

5.  Right click on the City of Heroes application and select Show Package Contents.

6.  Go to Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > coh  ....  or that last part might be Program Files > City of Heroes.

7.  Drag the icon.exe into the path above.

8.  Back up to Contents and select MacOS.  Click slowly twice in the name "cider" to rename it.  Change the name to "cider_die".

9.  Click slowly on the name "cider_noui" to rename it.  Change that name to just "cider".

10.  Backup to Contents again.

11.  Open the Info.plist file in TextEdit.

11.  Look for the option in there called CiderGameOptions and change this:

<key>CiderGameOptions</key>
        <string>-- cityofheroes.exe (null) -project CoH -launcher -setregion NA -setlocale 1033 -auth 64.25.36.88 </string>

So it looks like this:

<key>CiderGameOptions</key>
   <string>-- icon.exe</string>

12.  Close everything up and launch the City of Heroes application.  It will go directly into the costume creator!

13.  (OPTIONAL) Change the name of the City of Heroes application to something like "CoH Costume Creator" to differentiate it.

Note 1:  If you made it this far, congratulate yourself.  You are now a Mac hacker!

Note 2:  I'm entertaining the possibility of making a package with an Applescript, but only if it's *really* necessary.  This is one of those things that's easier for humans to do than a script, so it would take a lot of extra work.

Note 3:  Sorry for the delay getting this out, I wanted to perform the process twice and make sure it was always possible, and that I didn't do anything else along the way that I forgot about.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2012, 02:01:09 AM »
Work on accessing unlockable costume pieces is ongoing.  ;)

As I assumed! I'm not worrying! :D

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2012, 02:10:32 AM »
FOR THE IMPATIENT ONES - HOW TO UNLOCK EVERYTHING IN THE ISSUE 24 CLIENT

* Download Cheat Engine

* Run the City of Heroes' beta client. This only works with the beta client because the memory address is different on the live one.

* Run Cheat Engine. Click the little computer in the top left (it'll be glowing different colors, can't miss it) and select cityofheroes.exe from the list.

* Click the "Add Address Manually" button, to the lower right of Cheat Engine.

* Enter the address: 0167C800

* Description doesn't matter, the default type (4 Bytes) will work fine. It should say =0 to the right of the address box. Click OK.

* Now you're back in the Cheat Engine main window, and the address appeared in the bottom list. Double click the "0" under the "Value" column. That will open a box called "Change Value".

* Set the value to 1 and click OK. You now have access to EVERYTHING. Including NPC costume pieces.

Alternative, easier way:

* Wait for Codewalker to release an update, you impatient bunch.

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2012, 02:13:04 AM »
This is so friggin AWESOME.   I can load Mercy Vengeance (minus the wings and the locked parts)  and Nebularian..and...and     THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2012, 02:13:45 AM »
Alternative, easier way:

* Wait for Codewalker to release an update, you impatient bunch.

I'm gonna wait :)
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

nitz

• Underling
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 02:17:04 AM »
This is awesome!!!! Seriously!! It gave me chills loading my characters and listening to the character creation music... Great work!

Any chance we get the client to load a character on a map like when our connection was "ghosting" and we ended up being alone in a ghost-town but without D/Cing ?!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 02:27:17 AM »

That's why it's in a forum post and not on a page of its own -- it's a VERY early prototype that I threw together in an afternoon to just see if it would work.

I have store unlocks working for the I24 client. Currently working on ingame unlocks (Witch Hat, etc), then I'll backport it for I23 and upload a new build.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 02:30:23 AM »
That's why it's in a forum post and not on a page of its own -- it's a VERY early prototype that I threw together in an afternoon to just see if it would work.

I have store unlocks working for the I24 client. Currently working on ingame unlocks (Witch Hat, etc), then I'll backport it for I23 and upload a new build.

WOOHOO!!!

*happydance*

BigAngry

• Underling
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2012, 02:31:39 AM »
This is fantastic, Codewalker. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you SO much.

Talos Maltalomar

• Underling
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2012, 02:33:24 AM »
waiting patiently for codewalkers update. than i can update everyone on both vent servers that we use.

and yes agree codewalker and everyone else working on phoenix city deserves to have a statue, readable plaqueand an accolade badge for reading them all :) you all rock.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2012, 02:33:58 AM »
Codewalker!  I take back all but one of the nasty things I've said about you over the last couple years.   ;)

You...are...a...GAWD!

Randomvector

• Lieutenant
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2012, 02:48:04 AM »
So, I have kept my costume creator open for 10 days as well. But I can close it now and get back in? Is that what you are saying? Cause my computer is going real squirrly.

ducklorange

• Lieutenant
    • Epic Duck Studios
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2012, 02:52:40 AM »
This might explain the sudden swelling of people putting costumes through DEMOlition ;)

For those who haven't seen it, I've thrown together a quick web-based tool that converts .costume and Titan Sentinel+ dumps into small demorecord files.  There's a few choices of Camera position/motion, a couple of locales (adding more daily), and a few other options, all of which result in outputting a basic demorecord file you can use to view costumes new and old in-game.

http://demolition.mcuznz.ca

For anyone who's interested in hosting their own copy of DEMOlition for personal/SG use, would like to assist in adding more locations/features, or just wants to check out the source code and make sure I'm not being a devious bastard, you can check out the project on GitHub: https://github.com/mcuznz/DEMOlition
Build demorecord files from your CoH Costume & Titan XML files! [http://demolition.mcuznz.ca]