Author Topic: The Secret World/Secret World Legends  (Read 158180 times)

thunderforce

• Elite Boss
Re: The Secret World
« Reply #360 on: April 07, 2017, 05:22:39 PM »
I see why people who like the existing TSW are rightly upset, but I'm kind of optimistic. I played it for a while; much of it is brilliantly novel (in particular, while they do often come down to Guide Dang It, the investigation missions are a welcome break from killing 10 rats) I thought it was let down by the utterly pedestrian combat; cycle your abilities and don't stand in the telegraphed-move marker. Of course, the new combat might not be any good either...

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #361 on: April 07, 2017, 05:34:48 PM »
I suspect we'll be reading the closure announcement for Secret World Legends within a year.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #362 on: April 21, 2017, 11:15:57 PM »
Well, this game just thrown on the trash heap, I will not continue playing TSL, I do not like the reticle targeting. Like I said previously, I like to click on the power buttons and using tap. Time for me to shop around for another game, until Ship of Heroes or any of the other successors comes out, of even City of comes back.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #363 on: June 14, 2017, 09:22:04 PM »
Looks like someone followed what City of. has done. Read the fist ability, https://secretworldlegends.com/news/deepdiveweapons/

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #364 on: June 24, 2017, 02:33:04 PM »
That was a disappointment.

After a 14 gigabyte download, I couldn't talk to Mei Ling and wasn't able to go on.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #365 on: June 24, 2017, 05:13:20 PM »
I said it elsewhere, it seems like they went the Neverwinter direction with the UI, controls and gameplay, with a tinge of Champions Online (even moreso: CO gives you two character slots for free.  SWL just the one.  Additional is $10.)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #366 on: June 25, 2017, 12:05:34 AM »
Ugh. I played through the first part of the dragon intro and i'm already dizzy. Not sure why they took the perfectly fine right-click to look and made it into always on mouse look chaos. Shift + move to dodge is really awkward and the double key to dodge seems to only work occasionally work. Was looking forward to this as I liked the story in TSW but found it incredibly dull otherwise. I can't see myself playing this even through the rest of the tutorial much less 3 full faction stories. It's like they only changed the things that were working well before.

Edit: and the move from too many weapon combo choices to too few is really dumb.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:17:11 AM by Vee »

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #367 on: June 25, 2017, 01:08:24 AM »
Ugh. I played through the first part of the dragon intro and i'm already dizzy. Not sure why they took the perfectly fine right-click to look and made it into always on mouse look chaos. Shift + move to dodge is really awkward and the double key to dodge seems to only work occasionally work. Was looking forward to this as I liked the story in TSW but found it incredibly dull otherwise. I can't see myself playing this even through the rest of the tutorial much less 3 full faction stories. It's like they only changed the things that were working well before.

Edit: and the move from too many weapon combo choices to too few is really dumb.
It is very easy, they "remade" tsw, to attract new players. It was never for the vets, they hope this hot garbage will outdo those that will leave. The combat was not really bad, it just needed some improvement. However, all they did was barely anything, they did they bear minimum. Hopefully they will sell tsw to another developer, who knows what they are doing.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #368 on: June 25, 2017, 01:42:45 AM »
I haven't made it past the character creator yet. I've heard mixed reviews from all over the place, but I can't get beyond making a character I like to look at.

Exxar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #369 on: June 25, 2017, 08:57:12 AM »
They actually improved the character creator, in TSW you couldn't choose a face at all :P

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #370 on: June 25, 2017, 09:26:19 AM »
Finished the tutorial. Kind of getting used to the controls but it's still not what I'd call fun yet (feels like dcuo to me which isn't a good thing). but when i played it the first time i liked the stories but not enough to keep playing with boring combat and no real sense of progression after a certain point. here it seems the same but with different combat, though they do seem to have done something about the sense of progression with the leveling and perma passives. remains to be seen how long that lasts or if it's enough to keep me playing for any length of time. i quit mid-egypt first toon the first time around so not really much of a benchmark to pass.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #371 on: June 25, 2017, 05:07:03 PM »
Combat definitely seems easier than TSW.  I played for a couple of hours and never died once.

I do appreciate the simplification of the gear upgrade process.

rookery.

• Nothing Gets Past This Guy!
  • Minion
« Reply #372 on: June 26, 2017, 12:23:37 PM »
Enjoying it myself. I never hated the combat before but now it's kind of enjoyable. Playing a chaos pistols Trickster and it works quite well.

They have shifted some of the quests around in Kingsmouth but so far I havent found anything that appears to be missing just streamlined, made a little easier in spots.

I suspect the hope is it draws in new folks with easier more action combat. For me at least it has drawn me back.

That said, the F2P aspect drew in some real nasty elements into Kingsmouth map chat. Not expecting to see racist, homophobic commentary but it was there for a while on Saturday. Was gone on Sunday so maybe they got dealt with. THOSE folks need not apply.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #373 on: June 26, 2017, 03:57:00 PM »
That said, the F2P aspect drew in some real nasty elements into Kingsmouth map chat. Not expecting to see racist, homophobic commentary but it was there for a while on Saturday. Was gone on Sunday so maybe they got dealt with. THOSE folks need not apply.

Not to be political... Even a bit.. Because I have my own problems and they don't care who is president. Juuust an observation from an online game chat reader.. Unsavory commentary like this and more appeared just after the last American presidential election, in STO. Hate chat was so bad for awhile I would have to turn chat off. It takes a lot to get me to turn chat off. Can probably count the times on one hand, over the decades..., before the election.

Definitely not nearly as bad in STO, lately, and since some weeks probably.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #374 on: June 30, 2017, 07:34:15 PM »
Well this just showed how much tsl is pancaked up https://secretworldlegends.com/news/message-customer-service-manager/

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #375 on: June 30, 2017, 09:09:37 PM »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #376 on: June 30, 2017, 11:08:28 PM »
Funcom is based in Oslo, Norway.  Their idea of customer service might vary from ours.  By a bit.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #377 on: June 30, 2017, 11:18:22 PM »
Funcom is based in Oslo, Norway.  Their idea of customer service might vary from ours.  By a bit.
from my understanding the dev team in charge of tsw is in the United States.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #378 on: June 30, 2017, 11:32:38 PM »
Unless their HQ is directing the poor guy to follow their policies... (Where's the shrug emote here?)

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #379 on: July 01, 2017, 03:10:18 AM »
Seems like they need to put in a two-tiered support system and leave the live chat bit for subbers.

I'm half through Savage Coast now and I'm liking it better than the original. Combat doesn't strike me as any better or worse now that I'm used to it but the leveling and perma buffs adds the sense of actual progress I thought the original lacked. I'm surprised by the lack of differences in the faction stories though. My intent with the original was to play through one of each and I burned out on my illuminati. Now I'm thinking one playthrough ought to cover it unless the faction-specific story gets deeper at some point. Do feel like a dope for having run every single mish in the early areas on the old game when I actually need to play side stuff now to level.

Just watched this. I don't think the ptw is quite as bad as the vid but a lot of the stuff is funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEKJ0_K9nY
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 08:06:16 AM by Vee »