Author Topic: I just couldn't...  (Read 6546 times)

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: I just couldn't...
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 08:21:20 AM »
I had two accounts full of characters, and loved them all.I want to log in....every day...
Me too... Playing Champions only makes me miss Cities :(

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 08:21:37 AM »
Hi all, Cryfire here and I'm an Altaholic too, when the game went down I had 166 characters total, the newest one made just a week before. Still get the urge to log in and play but there's nothing to log into or play anymore. *sighs*

Hello, Hello!  Yeah, I know that urge.  I'd join you in sighs and laments (how part of me still feels) but fear those listening might mistake it for heavy breathing, when it's quite another thing.

Welcome!!  Oh, and I understand we now have coffee and pancakes, some with chocolate chips, along with *REAL* butter and *REAL* maple syrup, courtesy of Merseine.    :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 08:30:37 AM »
I had two accounts full of characters, and loved them all.I want to log in....every day...

I can see I was but a rank amateur, but only 'cause I got started late.  Yep, I sure do love those toons and enjoyed logging one in and being in there with you the community, even when I was doing my lowbie arcs solo.  It seemed like there was always someone on, either nearby or half a world away.  Whether I participated in chat, whether I lurked, or simply focused on whatever was around, I knew the community was there with me, heroes or villains I hadn't met yet
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2012, 09:08:51 AM »
Me too... Playing Champions only makes me miss Cities :(

A few days ago, I logged in on a lowbie in Lord of the Rings Online, something I've enjoyed off and on very casually.  It's sufficiently different that it reminds me only of itself.   I found I didn't want to do any instances or quests, but wanted just to move an avatar around, so I did.  I figure I'll play again when I feel like it - so why force things?  Then I logged out.   I was okay with it tho.  Did some needed chores then watched a movie.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 09:49:28 AM »
A few days ago, I logged in on a lowbie in Lord of the Rings Online, something I've enjoyed off and on very casually.  It's sufficiently different that it reminds me only of itself.   I found I didn't want to do any instances or quests, but wanted just to move an avatar around, so I did.  I figure I'll play again when I feel like it - so why force things?  Then I logged out.   I was okay with it tho.  Did some needed chores then watched a movie.
I am seriously missing the Cities' fix... And this time, $15 can't fix it :(

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 07:33:06 PM »
I wish I'd been more into alts. Honestly, I'd have to say that in my entire time playing there was ever only one alt that I played anywhere near as regularly as Ashen, my ice/nrg tanker, Erika Tempest. Other than that...I honestly didnt take many alts higher than 10-20 before deleting them and replacing them with another random idea. :(
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2012, 08:53:12 PM »
I honestly didnt take many alts higher than 10-20 before deleting them and replacing them with another random idea. :(

If that's how it was fun for you, it's all good! As a chronic altitis patient, I can say it had its ups and downs. It was a heck of a lot of fun having an entire stable of characters that you could pick and choose from. Over time I could imagine them all interacting with each other, forming bonds or rivalries, having friendly competitions... and not-so-friendly competitions. Accidentally launching a rocket into the wall of the SG base when they took one of the Flyers out for a joyride... :-[

On the other hand, in three and a half years of playing (most of it very casual in both time and effort, admittedly) I still only got one character to 50. A second came close, 48 and about a half. Two made it to 30-something... and the rest never made it past 22. I always meant to, but as it happens I had more fun making costumes for the Hero Dawn contests, talking to friends, badge hunting, planning builds, and checking out the scenery than I actually did running missions. Go figure.

Altitis... when you love it, you love it, but it's not for everybody. ;)

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2012, 08:55:13 PM »
I felt another pang today when I realized I'd completely forgotten to grab one of my 50s with Sentinel, my Earth/Ice/Leviathan Dominator, Diamond Clarity.  I didn't even get a screenshot of her. At least I have her .costume file saved.  I created her after the announcement was made, and got her to 50 in about a month.  She was at least 50+2 at the end) I remember she had T3 Lore pets, but I don't remember whether she had a T3 Destiny yet).  And the fact that I can't just log in to check is what hurts. :(

Champions is fun, but it's not filling the void.  (Particularly that Dominator void)

A Cyclops named Steve

• Lieutenant
  • Steropes Freedom
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »
I felt another pang today when I realized I'd completely forgotten to grab one of my 50s with Sentinel, my Earth/Ice/Leviathan Dominator, Diamond Clarity.  I didn't even get a screenshot of her. At least I have her .costume file saved.  I created her after the announcement was made, and got her to 50 in about a month.  She was at least 50+2 at the end) I remember she had T3 Lore pets, but I don't remember whether she had a T3 Destiny yet).  And the fact that I can't just log in to check is what hurts. :(

Champions is fun, but it's not filling the void.  (Particularly that Dominator void)

I didn't get any pics of my first toon either  :'(
.                              Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you'll see into your imagination.

We'll begin with a spin, traveling in the world of my creation. What we'll see will defy explanation.

If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2012, 10:05:23 PM »
You know what helped me? Editing demo-files. I realize that's not for everyone though.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/