Author Topic: Its been a week.  (Read 22903 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: Its been a week.
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 03:28:42 AM »
The next morning I forgot and tried to launch it...I balled...part of me died :(

What you describe was one of greatest fears, that out of habit, I'd simply try to log in.  I have woken from dreams about City of Heroes every day thus far since Sunset, most often seeing one of my favorite characters flying.  I miss the fun and comraderie of being teamed up with my sgmates, as well as the fun of playing CoH.  I think I'm about 95% through my grieving process, though I recognize that others are still mourning our collective loss.  While my tears are dry (and what a shock it was to have them in the first place), I remain committed to working to bring back City of Heroes.  I can still reach many of the people I teamed up with most and they'd flock back if/when City of Heroes is brought back as subscribers.  I'm practicing patience, understanding that it will take time for Disney or other prospective purchasers do to their own financial analysis and decide whether they wish to negotiate for the IP, and that said negotiations will likely take some time as well.  As a fan, I feel really lucky to have Team Wildcard, TonyV, and others doing all they can for CoH.   Glad too for Titan Network forums and the many people posting here.  I'm gonna go look again at some of the more light-hearted threads and get good laugh:  http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,6705.0.html  and http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7155.0.html   I've also been enjoying the various other screenshots and videos (cohtube.blogspot.com, youtube etc.)  Peace out, y'all.   8)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Surelle

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 03:39:20 AM »
Tigerbaby, that picture was simply AMAZING!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 03:42:09 AM »
The hardest part remains when the day's work is completed and there's nothing left to do and I can finally...
No.  I can't, not anymore.

I've had quite a bit of trouble sleeping, which is sort of 'normal' for me when I am grieving; the marathon 13-hour session I put in on the Final Day also threw my sleep cycle off.  I asked a friend if she thot it was weird that it seemed like I was trying to sit shiva for a videogame...bless her, she replied 'not at all' without missing a beat.

I said i wouldn't, but tonight I'll think I'll borrow DH's PC and take a look at Champions Online (Mac player, and therefore even more 'out in the cold') but it's mostly just for something to *do* - one can only play so many online Scrabble games at once, and I need to take a break from drawing.

You can see my 'artz of mourning' at this post: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7196.0.html

I'm glad you have a sympathetic friend.  I've likewise been fortunate in having friends understand.  I was on the phone with one of these friends approximately 28 hours before shutdown; even tho he'd never played CoH he's a longtime SF fan and gamer (he's 62); we rang off with him telling me he was going to bed and that he'd "sleep for me" and encouraged me to play CoH just as if I was at a superlative gaming or SF convention.  I'm glad to have had support like that.  PS. I enjoyed your artwork.  :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

A Cyclops named Steve

• Lieutenant
  • Steropes Freedom
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 03:48:29 AM »
I changed my desktop wallpaper to a screenie I took in Night Ward with the red Tardis. I keep catching myself thinking "why isn't there any motion" or "did I stay logged in all night?" Then reality kicks back in and I get depressed again.

My wallpaper is Steve looking out on to the slopes in Pocket D. I love this picture and hate it all at the same time.
.                              Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you'll see into your imagination.

We'll begin with a spin, traveling in the world of my creation. What we'll see will defy explanation.

If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it.

A Cyclops named Steve

• Lieutenant
  • Steropes Freedom
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 03:50:39 AM »
The hardest part remains when the day's work is completed and there's nothing left to do and I can finally...
No.  I can't, not anymore.

I've had quite a bit of trouble sleeping, which is sort of 'normal' for me when I am grieving; the marathon 13-hour session I put in on the Final Day also threw my sleep cycle off.  I asked a friend if she thot it was weird that it seemed like I was trying to sit shiva for a videogame...bless her, she replied 'not at all' without missing a beat.

I said i wouldn't, but tonight I'll think I'll borrow DH's PC and take a look at Champions Online (Mac player, and therefore even more 'out in the cold') but it's mostly just for something to *do* - one can only play so many online Scrabble games at once, and I need to take a break from drawing.

You can see my 'artz of mourning' at this post: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7196.0.html

I've been having trouble sleeping as well, although last night I did finally get some decent sleep. My dreams have been haunted by never ending rikti invasions in PI.  :-\
.                              Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you'll see into your imagination.

We'll begin with a spin, traveling in the world of my creation. What we'll see will defy explanation.

If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 04:05:57 AM »
I changed my desktop wallpaper to a screenie I took in Night Ward with the red Tardis. I keep catching myself thinking "why isn't there any motion" or "did I stay logged in all night?" Then reality kicks back in and I get depressed again.

Did you know that while in England, that type of Police Box was usually blue, in Glasgow they were almost always red? :)
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 04:37:04 AM »
I've been having trouble sleeping as well, although last night I did finally get some decent sleep. My dreams have been haunted by never ending rikti invasions in PI.  :-\

So that's why my blaster has been flying thru darkened skies above Peregrine Island.   ;)  They didn't look like Rikti Invasion skies though, and happily have been good dreams, and even better I've been resting well.  I hope you are soon feeling 100%.

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 04:47:11 AM »
i was playing wow earlier and was like dang i want to play coh, but cant.
it kinda has been driving me crazy today. lol
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 04:47:43 AM »
Let's sing!

Its been one week since I got to see
Hover-Blasters cuttin' down Rikti

And that's all I got. Sorry. Anyone else good at song-parodies? :)
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 05:15:18 AM »
I have done very little with myself. I've found myself mostly spending my time either here, or on dA. I'm still kind of in shock, in a way. I haven't had an entire week away from the game since very early 2007, when I briefly quit the game due to burning out on Freedom. Of course, when I came back I went to Virtue and the rest is history.

I've tried to be productive, but I just am not capable yet. I haven't even been able to write about my time in game.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 05:45:17 AM »
I have done very little with myself. I've found myself mostly spending my time either here, or on dA. I'm still kind of in shock, in a way. I haven't had an entire week away from the game since very early 2007, when I briefly quit the game due to burning out on Freedom. Of course, when I came back I went to Virtue and the rest is history.

I've tried to be productive, but I just am not capable yet. I haven't even been able to write about my time in game.

You'll get there.  Just give it time.   :)  and ROFL re: your signature line!   ;D

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 05:46:42 AM »
I come here every night, sometimes more than once, to be with the only people who understand how I feel. It gives me some comfort even though I can still cry all to easily. It's been a week since NCSoft commited Parageddon, but seems like not that long ago.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 05:59:20 AM »
Let's sing!

Its been one week since I got to see
Hover-Blasters cuttin' down Rikti

And that's all I got. Sorry. Anyone else good at song-parodies? :)

Five days since you Taunted me
I had to pop a wakey then a breakfree.

We are doing "One Week" by Barenaked Ladies, right?  http://www.lyrics007.com/Barenaked%20Ladies%20Lyrics/One%20Week%20Lyrics.html

Warning: I happen to like gaming filk songs.  While it's not CoH, it's all Weird Al ("Jerry Springer" with "Sailor Moon" characters):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xVTmR-hBF0

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 06:09:56 AM »
I come here every night, sometimes more than once, to be with the only people who understand how I feel. It gives me some comfort even though I can still cry all to easily. It's been a week since NCSoft commited Parageddon, but seems like not that long ago.

I don't think a week is a long interval.  (for meals, yes, but not for emotions.)  As a retired guy, I had the luxury of being able to really wallow in my grief and get the tears out.    Most folks will have had work or other commitments take their minds off CoH, so less time to work thru this.  Be patient and compassionate with yourself and others is all the (unasked for) advice I can offer.    :D

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 06:12:20 AM »
But it's good advice, john. Thank you for it. And thank you for liking my sig. :P

The more smiles I can give to this community, the better.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 06:14:28 AM »
Five days since you Taunted me
I had to pop a wakey then a breakfree.

We are doing "One Week" by Barenaked Ladies, right?  http://www.lyrics007.com/Barenaked%20Ladies%20Lyrics/One%20Week%20Lyrics.html

Hah! Awesome, and yes, that's what we're doing :)
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 06:19:39 AM »
But it's good advice, john. Thank you for it. And thank you for liking my sig. :P

The more smiles I can give to this community, the better.

No prob!  This community is still as awesome as it was in-game.  Rock on, you awesome people!!!

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 06:38:37 AM »
At least 3-4 times a day I catch myself thinking, "I just had an idea for how to do that... one... vid... well, f***."

And then I just feel miserable all over again.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
I was paying attention to the lyrics of RHCP's "Under the Bridge" and thought it would have been a good soundtrack for a CoH tribute video.

Especially the lyrics

It's hard to believe
That there's nobody out there
It's hard to believe
That I'm all alone
At least I have her love
The city she loves me
Lonely as I am
Together we cry

and

I don't ever wanna feel
Like I did that day
Take me to the place I love
Take me all the way

Dang ... something in my eye again.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 06:46:10 AM »
Dammit Xmas. >.<

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 07:43:41 AM »
Looking after Dad and the house keeps me pretty occupied most days, but when it hits really bad I stick on a demofile or three. Problem is I keep trying to click on the players to read their bios or jump into the mobs and attack. :'(