Author Topic: DCUO - US PVE League for CoH'ers  (Read 5812 times)

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
DCUO - US PVE League for CoH'ers
« on: December 06, 2012, 04:30:11 PM »
I was thinking about going Legendary and forming a league on the US PVE server. Would anyone join it, if any of you are coming to DCUO? It'd be nice to have people to play with and maybe do the Level 30 Content with down the line.

Nishastra

• Underling
Re: DCUO - US PVE League for CoH'ers
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »
Hmm.  I was just thinking about this.  Is there any CoH community on DCUO still?

Back when it came out, I recall us largely deciding to join the "Virtue & Vice" server, since it had "Virtue" in the name and all, but now it's all one server and I dunno who's playing it any more.

Assuming I can get myself re-situated in the game, having not played it in nearly a year, I'd be happy to join such a thing :P

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 05:58:03 PM »
Last night, there was someone asking if there were any COH players around. There's a small amount atm but I'm hoping to find more provided I can get Legendary to set up the League xD.

Nishastra

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 06:04:26 PM »
Well, I'm a lifer so I could help you there, except that I might not get out of the tutorial within the next 24 hours :P

Also, are we talking heroes or villains here?  All of my existing characters are villains, but I was planning on making this new one a hero.

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
I'm hero.

Graveknight, Level 30 Controller [Gadgets]

I'll probably on the rest of the day.

Nishastra

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 03:10:50 AM »
If anybody is lurking who's interested, we did make the league, and it's named "Incarnate Powered"

crayehal

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 05:16:20 AM »
Hero or vill?  If vill, I would be interested in joining, but I play pacific time after 8 PM.  My toon name is Fir Bolg

Nishastra

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 01:30:25 PM »
Hero, sadly :P

Maybe we'll start a villain one as well?  While I was asleep, it seems that Graveknight recruited quite a few people.  I'm sure most of them have villains as well :P

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 02:23:38 AM »
Incarnate Powered is up and still recruiting! Contact Silver Oracle, Graveknight, or Bit Risky! USPC - Hero.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 12:32:29 AM »
I'd join if I weren't stuck on the EUPS3 server.
CoX and Spore are the only games running on my PC...well and CO, but that's just lagging, pixelated crap :(
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Nishastra

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 03:45:18 AM »
We've made a villain league called "Destined Ones" as well, now, though it hardly has anybody in it as of yet :P

digitalenigma

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 08:50:57 AM »
I don't suppose anyone happens to be playing on the ps3?  A bunch of friends of mine were playing there so I jumped on :D

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 05:35:47 PM »
Lord Apollon, my CoH main, has been remade in DCUO as best I could.

I still hate the controls.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 06:42:02 AM »
I just downloaded this again over the weekend (I hadn't played since beta).  I don't want to subscribe, though I find myself tempted by an expansion or two (I want the Shield weapon and I kind of want the Green Lantern powerset).  Having trouble nailing down a character I definitely want to play, though, and an inability to settle on a weapon set I like is often part of the problem. 
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 03:16:13 PM »
I'm back!

If you are still looking to get in, find me in-game today as Graveknight :D

damienray

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 05:01:23 PM »
Don't like the controls much either... but I'm in game as Damienray. :)

TheDemonHunter

• Underling
  • Base Builder
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 02:03:17 AM »
Last night, there was someone asking if there were any COH players around. There's a small amount atm but I'm hoping to find more provided I can get Legendary to set up the League xD.

I think I was one of those players talking that night in Metropolis. I was on my transplanted CoH toon, Maker of Artifacts. If I recall, I sent you a tell wishing you luck with the new league. Good to see some CoH players making their way over there. Can only help make the community a little less toxic to deal with.
"In my dreams, devil, I soar through a far finer world than this. I dine and dance among graceful goddesses on the other side of the universe, and share home and hearth with heroes. In reality, here -- now -- I'm just another man, in a role I was never meant to play...."

crayehal

• Minion
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 07:28:10 PM »
We've made a villain league called "Destined Ones" as well, now, though it hardly has anybody in it as of yet :P
I'd like to join.  What time are members usually on?  Some names of members would be helpful so I can keep a lookout.  My toon name is Lavalace.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 07:56:53 PM by crayehal »

Kobolt

• Underling
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 08:27:12 PM »
I was in the beta but never went live with it (CoH was still the main attraction)...when CoH was closing down  :'(  I opened up a Legend account and have my char. Jacklight a lvl 12 Fire/hand blast hero. I dont play much but if I'm in-game I'll look you guys up or send me a tell. And yeah the controls are whacky  :-[   

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 03:57:14 AM »
I don't know what has happened to Destined Ones. I need to talk to Risky about that as my main concern is Incarnate Powered >.>

I'll be on throughout the week, as should Bit Risky and Silver Oracle. I'll get in game tomorrow and edit in with our two recruiter ranked members >.>

Cryfire

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 07:10:06 AM »
Just started playing this again with a new character, the first time I played for about an hour and didn't really get into it but COH was still around so I didn't feel a need to, now that COH is gone I tried this again andmade a new alt, Liberty Cryfire, played for about 5 hours, still getting use to the game but at least I can fly again.  ;D

Mysterious J

• Minion
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »
Several of us ex-Repeat Offenders types have joined an existing league called Silver Age Heroes (http://silverageheroes.guildlaunch.com), that seems to be a lot like the CoX player-base: friendly grown-up folks who have lives and families outside of the game, and aren't obsessed with grinding and gear.

wei yau

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 09:50:49 AM »
After playing the game for a couple of weeks solo to learn the ropes, I think I'm ready for some company.

Submitted an application to the Silver Age Heroes.

Here's hoping I meet some CoH'ers