Author Topic: Amazing Spider-Man #700 [Spoiler Thread]  (Read 4867 times)

pewlagon

• Boss
Amazing Spider-Man #700 [Spoiler Thread]
« on: December 05, 2012, 01:59:37 PM »
Sorry, I know it's out this very month, but don't know when. My problem is I won't touch Amazing Spider-man currently, but I am curious to see if my thoery holds true for #700. I once had an informant at Marvel, but he has been gone from there for quite some time. My thoery, in a nutshell, is he does not die, but rather loses his powers completely. Knowing Doc Ock this would be the ultimate revenge, leaving Peter helpless for his enemies. Like Doc Ock was imprisoned in a dying body, Peter would be trapped in a world of terror, worrying about "when" someone might find out he "was" Spider-Man. And like veryone else, I think Superior Spider-Man is Miguel O'Hara (Spidey 2099.) My only hope is they do not kill off Miguel when his time is done, but rather rebrand him like they should have done with the clone.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Amazing Spider-Man #700 [Spoiler Thread]
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »
Some concept art has surfaced that explicitly compares Superior Spidey's design with Spidey 2099.
Of course, the big question is which Miguel that will be: the one from the original 2099 continuity or the one we've seen in Timestorm. :)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 02:29:40 PM »
From what I read on teh internetz Doc Ock switches his mind with Spidey.
So Superior Spider-Man will actually be Ock (who also got allof Parker's memories) and Parker would then be trapped in Ock's dying, frozen body.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 08:24:49 AM »
Well, the story has been leaked and I won't ruin it here until after the issue is on the stands, but here is how it could have ended to appease everyone....

1) Instead of trying to kill spidey, Doc could have simply stripped him of his powers.

2) This leaves Peter a chance at a normal life, but needing a replacement, fast.

3) In comes Miguel O'Hara.

4) Peter then has to go through the steps of making sure future Spidey knows the rogues gallery thereby becoming not unlike Oracle. It also would have given Peter a chance to improve his science background and, while building up to the moment he becomes Spidey again, works out some new toys for his arsenal.

5) One of the gallery discovers Miguel is from the future and sends him back leaving Peter no choice but to become Spidey again, now relying on gadgets to give him back what he once had via the accident.

This all could have been a year long event resulting in O'Hara returning at the end to realize there are now TWO Spidey's. Eventually Miguel would name himself something else, but stay a part of the Spidey Family and, possibly, move on to a permanent Avengers role.

Instead, we get another step, IMO, in the wrong direction. I will wait to pass final judgment until I see (I'm not buying it) the end of issue #1 of Superior.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 05:08:53 AM »
Ya know, as someone who hasn't bought an issue of Spider-man since OMD (well ultimate spidey, but nothing regular 616 continuity) having Miguel take over as Spidey would have gotten me to pick up a Spidey title again.  I was a huge fan of the Peter David stuff way back when. 

Unfortunately it seems I'll be just as disappointed as when Spidey 2099 joined the Exiles. It was obvious the writer didn't really know who he was and just wrote him as brooding Peter Parker... from the Future!!

If it had been Miguel O'Hara as the new Spider-man I'd be adding it to my ull list.  With Spidey-ock, not so much
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 05:19:26 AM »
Well, the story has been leaked and I won't ruin it here until after the issue is on the stands, but here is how it could have ended to appease everyone....

1) Instead of trying to kill spidey, Doc could have simply stripped him of his powers.

2) This leaves Peter a chance at a normal life, but needing a replacement, fast.

3) In comes Miguel O'Hara.

4) Peter then has to go through the steps of making sure future Spidey knows the rogues gallery thereby becoming not unlike Oracle. It also would have given Peter a chance to improve his science background and, while building up to the moment he becomes Spidey again, works out some new toys for his arsenal.

5) One of the gallery discovers Miguel is from the future and sends him back leaving Peter no choice but to become Spidey again, now relying on gadgets to give him back what he once had via the accident.

This all could have been a year long event resulting in O'Hara returning at the end to realize there are now TWO Spidey's. Eventually Miguel would name himself something else, but stay a part of the Spidey Family and, possibly, move on to a permanent Avengers role.

Instead, we get another step, IMO, in the wrong direction. I will wait to pass final judgment until I see (I'm not buying it) the end of issue #1 of Superior.
Uh..so I read the issue in question and nothing remotely close to this happened. You got red herringed.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 06:26:12 AM »
Uh..so I read the issue in question and nothing remotely close to this happened. You got red herringed.

I think you missed the part where he said 'this is how it *could* have ended to appease everyone'.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 07:36:34 AM »
So I did. Oops!
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »
Unfortunately it seems I'll be just as disappointed as when Spidey 2099 joined the Exiles. It was obvious the writer didn't really know who he was and just wrote him as brooding Peter Parker... from the Future!!
Those were Exiles, you know. The sheer number of alternate universes they travel through effectively gives the writers a license to pull any differences from canon they want and get away with it. Peaceful Magneto, and genocidal Professor X, anyone?

From what I read on teh internetz Doc Ock switches his mind with Spidey.
So Superior Spider-Man will actually be Ock (who also got allof Parker's memories) and Parker would then be trapped in Ock's dying, frozen body.
Two out of three. Unless Ock starts hallucinating about him, Parker is not going to appear on the account of being dead. However, he managed to force Ock into reliving some of Parker's memories - leading him to apparent redemption at the end of the issue.
We'll see how long it lasts and how long until Parker takes over again.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 04:59:21 PM by The Fifth Horseman »
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

fdbryant3

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 06:45:31 AM »
We'll see how long it lasts and how long until Parker takes over again.

When is the next movie coming out?  My bet is till shortly before then.