Author Topic: "Watching the world end" article: New York Post  (Read 18215 times)

Yoru-hime

• Minion
Re: "Watching the world end" article: New York Post
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 03:39:26 PM »
Very well written. Between this and the Korean Times, we've landed some good, solid body blows the last few days. Huge kudos to those who have been involved.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 03:54:53 PM »
Dang, my source didn't quote it right.  I'll see if I can fix it.

It may not be word for word but the spirit of the message was captured perfectly. If it's too late to edit, at least the correct point was made.

Oh and great article. Loved it :)

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 04:13:31 PM »
Don't get me wrong--I think a brief relaunch would be great--but I think at this point it might be better to lean towards a CoH2--same classes and powers for now, new environment and graphics.  Set it maybe ten years later in an expanded Paragon City, post-"Coming Storm" and have the main plot exploring the events of that.  Maybe utilize Ouroboros to relive it.

It would be lovely to see that, but I believe such a dream is in the far future.

What I am interested in RIGHT NOW i.s the restoration of the game to playability, even with no new content or updates: a living archive, if you will. Many of us paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars toward our alts, and I believe it is only fair and right to somehow still be able to access  that work. CoX2 can wait, I just want my beloved pixels back right here and now.

Baby steps.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 04:30:25 PM »
It would be lovely to see that, but I believe such a dream is in the far future.

What I am interested in RIGHT NOW i.s the restoration of the game to playability, even with no new content or updates: a living archive, if you will. Many of us paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars toward our alts, and I believe it is only fair and right to somehow still be able to access  that work. CoX2 can wait, I just want my beloved pixels back right here and now.

Baby steps.

I may not have phrased my opinion right, so I'll try again.  This ^ is my goal: Restoring CoH1 right the heck now!  But I reeeeally would love to see the new publisher say, "We have restored CoH, brought it up to Issue 24, and we've got Top Men working on CoH2.  Top.  Men."
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 04:33:13 PM »
Your article made my friend cry.

My friend NEVER cries .
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 04:35:39 PM »
Your article made my friend cry.

My friend NEVER cries .

Pat them on the back, and say the following, softly:

There's no crying in baseball.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

chasearcanum

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 04:51:39 PM »
Excellent writeup.  I laughed.  I shed a tear. I confused the heck out of 4 cats who continue to stare at me now, wondering what I'm gonna do next.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 05:33:49 PM »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »
Excellent writeup.  I laughed.  I shed a tear. I confused the heck out of 4 cats who continue to stare at me now, wondering what I'm gonna do next.

Oh, so you work for "Confuse-A-Cat", do you?
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

chasearcanum

• Boss
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 12:32:47 AM »
Oh, so you work for "Confuse-A-Cat", do you?

Freelance.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 12:33:33 AM »
Awesome! :D
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

faith.grins

• Boss
  • Split your lungs with blood and thunder.
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 12:55:33 AM »
I may not have phrased my opinion right, so I'll try again.  This ^ is my goal: Restoring CoH1 right the heck now!  But I reeeeally would love to see the new publisher say, "We have restored CoH, brought it up to Issue 24, and we've got Top Men working on CoH2.  Top.  Men."
See, unless they told me that Matt Miller and Floyd Grubb were those "Top.  Men." I'd just be afraid that there's just Jack Emmet chained to a desk in the back of some warehouse somewhere having fits about Bosses being too easy and churning out like one progress .jpeg a year.  ('Cause, y'know... Indiana Jones reference and all...)
Aram:  "Man, just look at all this.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that we get to live surrounded by such wonder."
Gamal:  "We don't live over there." Aram:  "We don't?"
Gamal:  "No.  We live over there." Aram:  "... But it's all on fire."
Gamal:  "Yes it is, Aram.  Yes it is."

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 01:16:09 AM »
Trouble is, or from what I heard from the NC defenders over at the now-dead forums, was that for anyone in a public company to do less than aim for WoW-level subs, is to risk being accused of not looking out for the best interests of investors (who probably don't know jack about what goes on in the gaming world besides "games make money"). So, you either have to commit suicide while chasing after that mirage in the desert, or you get put through a court martial before a tribunal of shareholders.
You know, when I hear crap like that, it just makes me think of the end of Fight-Club.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 01:23:37 AM »
See, unless they told me that Matt Miller and Floyd Grubb were those "Top.  Men." I'd just be afraid that there's just Jack Emmet chained to a desk in the back of some warehouse somewhere having fits about Bosses being too easy and churning out like one progress .jpeg a year.  ('Cause, y'know... Indiana Jones reference and all...)

Matt and Grubb have Emmert chained up, forced to churn out PopCap-style time sinks.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

faith.grins

• Boss
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 01:44:37 AM »
You know, when I hear crap like that, it just makes me think of the end of Fight-Club.
The book or the movie?
Aram:  "Man, just look at all this.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that we get to live surrounded by such wonder."

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 02:18:56 AM »
The end of the film, with the towers of commerce crashing down.

Never read the book. Found the film to be over-hyped.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

faith.grins

• Boss
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 03:03:10 AM »
The end of the film, with the towers of commerce crashing down.

Never read the book. Found the film to be over-hyped.
The book's good.  It ends differently, though, is why I asked.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 03:30:45 AM »
Alright, I may have to read it then. Thanks! :)
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

Adelante

• Boss
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 07:14:20 AM »
ebon 0_o

I don't know if you were there for the SG/Guild meeting the other day but JR actually broke his speech to say, "Whatever the hell you call him," because he got tired of going over my alt names.  I busted up laughing IRL, really cracked me up.  It's especially funny because I have so many different people calling me different things.

In DAoC people first knew me as "Cel", short for "Celatid".  Eventually I leveled a new character with the name "Kizmeti", and people started calling me Kiz.  Then I went to CoH, and I was known by Psychoti by the forum folks and Psy for short for the SGs I was a member of at the time.  To shorten this a bit:  Pirates of the Burning Sea: Adelante, WoW: Celatid,  Planetside: Psy, and then eventually I came back to CoH again with friends that called me "Adelante" or "Ade" for short.  I still play games daily with some of these friends that still call me Adelante.  Then when I joined Justice Corps on Virtue I played the character Ebonstryke most often, so people started calling me "Ebon" for short.   And now in GW2 I have people calling me "B-Cup" for Buttercupocalypse, "Ebon" for Ebonstryke if they remember that character, "Psy" if they remember, or "Adelante".

If you read all of that, I'm afraid you've wasted a portion of your life.