Author Topic: Members in the Service that played City of Heroes  (Read 3729 times)

Colette

• Elite Boss
Re: Members in the Service that played City of Heroes
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 06:39:25 PM »
"What I'd like to do is for each of us to compile personally written letters, possibly complete with pictures of us holding the game in uniform, or while wearing some other article, like a "Retired Navy" cap, to be sent to Disney."

Wilco. Lemme put a package together. Stand by.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 06:48:13 PM »
I don't fit into my uniform, anymore, but I know I have a couple of spare sets of "dolphins," somewhere.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

MakoMako

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 08:59:21 PM »
Anything works. Even if you're just wearing a baseball cap of your respective service. I intend to put on my ABU's at least for a photo.

When I went through BMT, I felt so old! Now here, I have a funny feeling I'm the young'un.

I intend to send this to Disney under the title, "Vets for SaveCoH". Though since this is likely only going to be one package, I intend for this to reach the Senior VP on the list. (Unless anyone thinks anyone else on that list will have better effect).

I admit, I'm not very good at these sort of things, when it comes to presentation. So if anyone has any ideas on how exactly it should be done (IE: Putting together a simple folder with a list of service members, former and current. Or maybe something more flashy like a collage of our pictures with the game, with a concise quote from each of us.)

Even our heroes need heroes... I like that, Robb.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 08:06:40 AM »
Not all heroes wear capes.....some wear dog tags. My deepest thanks from the heart to all of you.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 01:53:42 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Thank you all so much.

Misty Lackey for Team Wildcard
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 03:15:57 PM »
Confirming that I am working on letter/picture/stuff....
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

maxxrpg

• Minion
  • Artistic creativity is a whirlpool of imagination
    • Jersey's Cards & Comics
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »
I will also get working on this.

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 04:48:31 PM »
Just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your service.  Not something I had the mettle for.  Not often I can get everyone in one place so I only make it awkward one time. :)

Sorry to slightly derail the thread.

Omega Force 1990

• Minion
  • Police Officer, National Guardsman
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »
Military Police Sergeant, OIF 10-11.
Did you play City of Heroes during your duty assignments? While deployed?
Absolutely.  I discovered that as long as you could get to the costume creator, it worked even after you lost internet access, so I'd spend hours making new characters and using MS Paint to take their picture.  I even made a few of the Iraqis that patrolled with us.  One of them had a great origin story.

One time my SG, the Legends of Justice, were going to run a MoSTF one night and I had the day off!  So I set my alarm clock to wake up extra early to play with them.  We were about to start the TF when a mortar attack took out my internet.    :roll:

I remember the nightmarish Going Rogue patch was threatening to take 23 hours to download.  So I started it up before a mission and hoped I'd still be alive when it finished, LOL.  Good times.  I think I played some when I was on quarters after getting caught in an explosion, but those memories are sort of fuzzy, if you know what I mean.

For Christmas, my wife got me a number of the ... what were they called, power packs?  She got me Martial Arts, Magic, Science, Animal, Valkyrie, and Wedding when they had that Thanksgiving sale.  We figured the extra costume pieces would be handy, since I could make characters regardless of the internet.  I talked her through the installation process on Skype.

It's kinda funny.  I had a picture of my main as my desktop for a long time over there.  The last thing I'd see at night was the strangely comforting green glow of his visor illuminating the dark room.

... and now those bastards at NCSoft don't want my money anymore.  >:(

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 11:07:43 PM »
This is great, reading all of these posts and seeing the devotion of all manner of armed service members, in life and in City of Heroes.  Thanks to all of you, past and present, for your work for your country.