Author Topic: If you could have two powers?  (Read 7921 times)

faith.grins

• Boss
  • Split your lungs with blood and thunder.
Re: If you could have two powers?
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 07:55:18 AM »
Lethal is only "most resisted" NPC side.  It's tied for most commonly resisted on the PC side, along with smashing, although it isn't always the resist a player has the most of.  (Dark Armor is best at Negative Energy, Electric Armor is best at Energy, Fiery Aura is best at Fire, etc.  Even Willpower was actually better at Psi than Smash/Lethal without Tough, which is a separate discussion entirely.)

Anyway, where were we?  OH, THAT'S RIGHT, FLYING THROUGH THE SKY!
/em whoooosh
Aram:  "Man, just look at all this.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that we get to live surrounded by such wonder."
Gamal:  "We don't live over there." Aram:  "We don't?"
Gamal:  "No.  We live over there." Aram:  "... But it's all on fire."
Gamal:  "Yes it is, Aram.  Yes it is."

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 08:00:32 AM »
Lethal is only "most resisted" NPC side.  It's tied for most commonly resisted on the PC side, along with smashing, although it isn't always the resist a player has the most of.  (Dark Armor is best at Negative Energy, Electric Armor is best at Energy, Fiery Aura is best at Fire, etc.  Even Willpower was actually better at Psi than Smash/Lethal without Tough, which is a separate discussion entirely.)

Anyway, where were we?  OH, THAT'S RIGHT, FLYING THROUGH THE SKY!
/em whoooosh
Note that I did say "heavily" not "most" ;)
Anyway, my point was simply that is accessible to every single character in one way or another, which is hardly realistic.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 12:06:56 PM »
Super Strength and Invulnerability.

For no other reason than to pull a Kool-Aid Man through a brick wall at least once in my life.

You mean like this? ;)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2012, 12:16:58 PM »
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2012, 12:33:40 PM »
Tanker's Stone Armor and Defender's Kinetics.  8)

This was my first thought too.

My second thought was shield defence and defender rad, AAO combined with your weapon skill and the rad debuffs, it's gonna hurt ...

Samuel Tow

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »
Super Strength and Invulnerability.

"Me too." As far as I'm concerned, Invulnerability/Strength and Relfexes/Speed are two of the staple combos of super powers, and I'd realistically be happy with either one. I'd still opt for the former, for the simple fact that it really solves most all everyday problems without requiring you to do anything. You're invilnerable, so you can't get ill, age, die in an accident or be the victim of violent crime, asshole writers notwithstanding. Plus, you're super strong, so you can't really be stopped in any meaningful way.

Personally, I tend to fall into the Fullmetal Alchemist mentality of "they crave power so they don't have to be afraid." That's my reasoning for wanting Super Strength and Invulnerability - because with those, there's really very little left to be afraid of.
Of all the things I've lost,
I think I miss my mind the most.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2012, 02:15:43 PM »
Personally, I tend to fall into the Fullmetal Alchemist mentality of "they crave power so they don't have to be afraid." That's my reasoning for wanting Super Strength and Invulnerability - because with those, there's really very little left to be afraid of.

My eyes found "Fullmetal Alchemist" and I got excited.
I'm done now.

Ignore the emu, onward with topic.

Lady Luck

• Minion
  • Formerly of the Victory server
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2012, 05:52:32 AM »
Actually, the fact that John McClaine does not give up is what makes him such a great hero.  It's not that he can beat anybody in a fistfight, or that he's got perfect aim, or that he's The Man With The Plan - it's that if he's up, he's still coming at you.  And tenacity isn't just a very endearing trait, it may very well have been humans' first primary evolutionary advantage.  It's a very human super power.

And this is why NCSoft will lose...
I found the crappy town where I'm the hero!
But then NCSoft took it away :(

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2012, 05:54:16 AM »
You mean like this? ;)

More-or-less exactly.