Author Topic: Selling Shirts?  (Read 7219 times)

Vasarto

• Boss
Selling Shirts?
« on: December 04, 2012, 12:54:36 AM »
A Crazy Idea I had but not sure if we can do something like that or if many people would want to buy one but.

What if we sold shirts? Like cheap ones that are like a Ultramarine or a hero type blue color and maybe have something like this picture or something else we can create for it on the front?

I dunno it is just an idea and would make people ask questions when we wear it and maybe if enough people bought them then we might gain a little more media notice. Also charge a little bit more so instead of breaking even we gain a little cash and than donate it to stem cell research so it goes to a good cause!

Darn good one if you ask me! If I loose a foot I wanna regrow in in 10-20 years lol.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
Re: Selling Shirts?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 12:57:48 AM »
Are there "AP 33" T-Shirts? Because if there aren't, there SHOULD be.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 01:00:09 AM »
You mean like something like this on a polo shirt on the left corner of the chest?

I was in AP6, Friends could only make it to 3 and 7. But I was there none-the-less.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 01:10:49 AM »
I was thinking less of a polo shirt and more along the lines of a T-Shirt :)
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 01:12:35 AM »
I was thinking less of a polo shirt and more along the lines of a T-Shirt :)

ah well after looking at the logo it just kinda looked like something that would go on a polo right? But T-Shirt is just fine! Maybe we can have a polo option but of course it would cost a little more.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 01:14:36 AM »
That would be...just fine. < /Durant >
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

Quinch

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 03:53:45 AM »
Quick note, since this seems to be a general #savecoh idea, perhaps it should be moved to the main forum?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 03:58:54 AM »
Quick note, since this seems to be a general #savecoh idea, perhaps it should be moved to the main forum?

agreed
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 04:09:34 AM »

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 04:39:38 AM »
The money from the shirts can go to the Plan Z: Phoenix Project efforts! 
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 06:00:34 AM »
Captain Bacon is already selling AP33 shirts. He is not making a profit on them. You can get them here, but he is currently out of stock. I think he's ordering more. 

The logo on them looks like this:

[[EDIT: Fixing broken URL encoding ~Agge]]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 06:09:27 AM by Aggelakis »

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 08:51:35 AM »
I love my AP33 shirt. And Captain Bacon is actually making a loss on them, as he charges 'cost' for the t-shirt, and offers free postage.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 11:34:56 AM »
I have my AP33 Shirt.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 11:59:41 AM »
Adhjsdhsbf, I want an AP33 shirt.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 12:50:49 PM »
Waiting for restock of AP33 shirts, so I can get mine. Would purchase any new design as well. Was going to make my own with the "We are Heroes..." but am happy to buy one premade. Still making t-shirts of my various alts.
Great idea guys!

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 12:55:21 PM »
Still say we should make some shirts that profits go to the Plan Z operations.  Both a boost in Advertisement and means of funding.

Clave Dark 5

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 05:50:48 PM »
Still say we should make some shirts that profits go to the Plan Z operations.  Both a boost in Advertisement and means of funding.

I'll wait to buy one until that day - don't let me forget!
"What you say is rather profound, and probably erroneous." - Joseph Conrad

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 06:32:49 PM »
I'll wait to buy one until that day - don't let me forget!

What?  Go get your AP33 shirt!  You can always buy a Plan Z one later!

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 10:34:29 PM »
Oh awesome! I'm bookmarking that link right now!
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

Stunrunner

• Minion
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 11:20:36 PM »
That would be...just fine. < /Durant >

Heh heh heh.

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 12:54:20 AM »
What about Bumper Stickers then? Those are super Cheap and can be mass produced right?

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 11:22:20 PM »
Heh heh heh.

Stunrunner, for getting that reference, you're my new favorite person for today :)
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

jabiggers

• Minion
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 01:52:30 AM »
I'm not sure if you have someone to make any merchandise but my aunt does this, here is the website for her business:

http://www.opendoordesignz.com/index.htm

Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Door-Designz/130431376972208?sk=info

She can make ANYTHING we need/want. If she doesn't have the equipment to make something, she will buy it to make it (with a minimum order amount of course, to pay for new equipment. Otherwise there is no minimum). She has done a great job for me on shirts I've had made (even large orders). She also does free graphic design!!! As far as prices, most shirts she has made me have been anywhere from 10-15 depending on the amount of colors/graphics on the shirt.

If anyone contacts her, please make sure to tell her that Jeremy Biggers sent you ;)

PrinceRecluse

• Underling
  • PrinceRecluse@gmail.com
    • Remembering Paragon
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 05:52:05 PM »
Just so everyone knows, I have seen ALL KINDS of shirts and bumper stickers, etc. From AP33 shirts, to "F7 for anything" shirts, to "Paragon City" white oval bumper stickers, and more. They exist and are available for sale.

Finding them is the hard part. But that is where I come in.

For those that have not seen the Thread on here, I am currently in construction of www.RememberingParagon.com . See the site or the thread for more info on it. The reason I am posting on here, and one of the MAIN reasons for that site, is because I will have a page that is a Hub that will have a direct link to EVERY piece of CoH Merch I can find. From T-shirts, polos, bumper stickers, even the Going Rogue Soundtrack on iTunes. That way you won't have to traverse the Forums just to find the location of 1 t-shirt. Just go to RememberingParagon.com and go to the Merch link page and Ding!

As I said, it is still a work in progress and I will be updating soon with the pages that are easier to complete. One of which will be the Merch links page. I will try to remember to update this thread once I get that page up so all of you looking for shirts and bumper stickers can just go there and find them all.

And on the flip-side: Anyone who has a direct link to a piece of CoH merch, of ANY nature, no matter how poorly made or insignificant, no matter what store or source it is through, PLEASE send me a link to PrinceRecluse@gmail.com so I can include it in the site.

Thank you and good luck out there.

Archlight

• Minion
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 04:41:25 PM »
I just bought a long live Paragon shirt from Zazzle They had a decent AP33 I almost bought instead. My wife wanted to buy me a COH shirt but could not find one. So no surprise gift, she asked me to find one since I go geekier places on the internet.

Also found some nice ones at Cafepress.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 04:55:48 PM »
Someone in another thread suggested a lapel pin.  I have an amusing image of wearing this:  http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7318.msg91229.html#msg91229 as a belt buckle with jeans, T-shirt and name tag at the local gaming convention.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 06:07:55 PM »
I think it's a good idea to remember that much of the images created for merchandise are designs belonging to a creator.   The AP33 tees use a design that Captain Bacon created. Same for the patches and other items.  So let's be careful about making items out of designs when they are not the owner of the work.  It's pretty easy to find out who made what and ask for permission. :)

The reason why you may not see many items, is because although CafePress is easy, the quality of their items is questionable and the printing process is not the best in the world.  Zazzle.com, depending on the product has some decent and not so decent items. Spreadshirt.com, actually has some quality items. They have a digital print version for those uploading bitmap type images, and a heat transfer sticky flock for vector graphics. The Flock is which is durable but essentially it's similar to color forms, the printed design is cut out of the maternal and transferred to the tee using a heat press. It is  not the same quality as a screen printing but it is a less expensive process than screen printing. Spreashirt has good quality items, and because of that, the cost is higher.

I think for any item, quality and durability are most important.  I don't think anyone wants to provide this community with crappy merchandise.

I can say that for the items I created, I can easily make bumper stickers. I have a print shop I use and they do excellent work at good prices.  If anyone wants this design in other items, please let me know. Elements are vector and can be adjusted accordingly.

I created a series of banners for use on the web:

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:01:14 PM by Altoholic Monkey »

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 06:47:16 PM »
OK, so, say I wanted a patch but missed out on the auction. Would I need to get permission to go to a local embroidery shop and have one made for myself?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 07:45:55 PM »
OK, so, say I wanted a patch but missed out on the auction. Would I need to get permission to go to a local embroidery shop and have one made for myself?

Yes you would need to contact the person who created the design. They hold the copyright to that design.   Often that's the best way to go because they will give you the best digital files you will need to get a good patch.   Unless there's a post somewhere where the designer has relinquished all rights to the design and has stated it is free for use.   If so it would be a good idea to dig that up and post it or the designer if they're on this forum, should probably come forward and make that statement.

Check with Real World Hero to see if they have additional patches or if they can put you in contact with the designer to obtain permissions.  Surely it's just a matter of sending an email to them.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 08:19:34 PM »
Probably not a bad idea. Someone (I think it may have even been Mr Wentworth, himself.) posted a pretty high quality image of the patch, and my first thought was how great it would look on a ball cap, maybe the dark blue that the US Navy uses for their ship/unit caps.  If I decide I'm gonna try it, I'll seek permission, first. I haven't worn that kind of hat in a while, but that's one I would wear.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."