Author Topic: Mac Alternatives Now That CoH is Gone?  (Read 18813 times)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: Mac Alternatives Now That CoH is Gone?
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 11:28:12 PM »
I meant from a writing standpoint. I'm making a game, so I'm typing the code into an IDE. There are going to be syntax errors, so I compile and test, rinse and repeat, until those are all hammered out, then start the alpha testing, right?

I'm assuming that, throughout this process, there's a master "text file" of the code that can just be transferred over to the other machine and compiled in that version of the IDE or compiler.

Bear in mind, this is a completely naive and inexperienced viewpoint. I'm currently unable to shuffle an array and still be able to spit it back out in the original order along with the new order.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

therain93

• Elite Boss
Re: Mac Alternatives Now That CoH is Gone?
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »
Someone mentioned Freedom Force. I have always been intrigued by that game from a single player perspective.

I've looked around but can't find a Mac download. Steam seems to only have the PC version. But I'm not adept at game downloading. Has anyone seen a straight forward place to download FF for Mac?

Related thought. I'm curious about trying the wrapped version of STO and CO. But not sure if i shouldn't just try to duel boot.  Never bootcamped either but considering buying a cheap version of windows to try that. Any advice on which version: vista, xp, 7 or 8?

Thanks!

Regardless, I'd like to end up somewhere where there is a group of former CoHers, as I think they have similar expectations of fun and teaming. Not in the mood to start from scratch in a whole new community.
Looks like you can get a cheapy version from Amazon for the Mac, although be wary of the OS requirements:  http://www.amazon.com/FREEDOM-FORCE-MAC-ONLY-Windows/dp/B000HWSKNK
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...