Author Topic: So what will you miss most and least  (Read 4335 times)

Sailboat

• Boss
Re: So what will you miss most and least
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 03:41:00 AM »
Miss most:

The seemingly endless parade of wildly different characters soaring, leaping, teleporting, and racing past.  People watching was my secret pleasure -- so many costumes and concepts and biographies!  Nothing like other games where "Oh, it's another fighter."

Miss least:

Getting stuck on a projecting torch, potted plant, or wall fixture.  Yeah, I'm a superhero and I'm helplessly stuck on furniture.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 03:45:31 AM »
So many things, both listed and not, most of which I agree with. I will miss opening a mission door and the interior completely not matching the exterior.

"Wow! This warehouse is cleverly disguised as a high-rise office building!" or "Say, this sewer is awfully rough-hewn, almost like a cave..."

It didn't happen often, but it was always funny.

There was, IIRC, one mission where you get sent to a warehouse door, the mission is a (then) 5th Column base, and the entry comment tells you that you found a disguised entrance to the base under the warehouse. That's the only time I remember getting an explanation for why I'm on a map different from the location I was sent to.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 03:58:10 AM »
I will miss that I can't just log in and go there when I want to...so many friends, so much to do and fun to be had

The only things that irked me a bit were
having enhancements 'fail to combine' a few times when beefing up my characters at the stores...annoying

more than one 'kill 50 *villain group* mission over and over in a row

getting 'yellow fever' when I was trying to do something important.....to the point I could barley keep up and reply to everyone lol

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 05:10:50 AM »
Miss most:

The seemingly endless parade of wildly different characters soaring, leaping, teleporting, and racing past.  People watching was my secret pleasure -- so many costumes and concepts and biographies!  Nothing like other games where "Oh, it's another fighter."

Miss least:

Getting stuck on a projecting torch, potted plant, or wall fixture.  Yeah, I'm a superhero and I'm helplessly stuck on furniture.

Seeing other people's amazingly varied and creative characters was always a pleasure.

And LOL, yeah I wasn't wild about you're least favorite aspect either.   I often wondered whether my navigation was poor (I'll admit to not having the fine motor control and coordination I might wish) or whether there was scripted code causing me to fly into trees and powerlines and other obstacles even when course correcting to avoid them.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »
Miss Most:
Brutelocking on my TW/WP toon
-as a close second-
Brutelocking on my SS/WP toon

Oh yeah, and kicking Column ass...preferedly on a brute :P
Miss Least:
Zombie Invasions...without flight you either had to leave the zone or be constantly fighting.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 07:58:17 PM »
Rikti invasions were the same way. You could always take cover in a Wents, a Tram-Connection, a Shop, or a Police Station if you didn't wish to leave the Zone.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Ultraamann

• Minion
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 10:26:18 PM »
The costume creator.  I would seriously pay a monthly subscription fee for access to the costume creator.  I loved to see the constantly astounding creativity of the other players around me.  I marveled at some of their creations (and recoiled with injured eyes from others lol).  But I loved the freedom you had to develop almost any look that you could think of.

Wasting hours trying to create the "perfect" old Golden Age Justice Society look alike costume, or just sitting with my kids and making silly throwaway characters and names and costumes, or trying to hone a look until it came out the same in game as it was in my head.. I just loved the costume creator.

Now I just have to hope I don't go into withdrawals.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 10:30:06 PM »
There was a Golden-Age costume contest about 3 weeks ago on Virtue, and i took screenies. Would you like me to post them?
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 10:40:39 PM »
The only things that irked me a bit were

more than one 'kill 50 *villain group* mission over and over in a row

And more so when you were post-40, and the "Defeat N members of [villaingroup]" missions remained unchanged from when Peregrine Island was a hazard zone, and you could expect to find large groups of them conveniently, instead of having to scour the zone to find them in drips and drabs -- compounded by the problem that, for the 'defeat 50 Carnival' missions that Harvey Maylor gave you, the Carnies in radio missions counted for your defeat count, but if you completed the count inside a radio mission, the mission would be complete, but he wouldn't let you turn it in; you had to abandon the mission and get it again.

Talner

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 11:23:22 PM »
What I will miss most:
The other players in game. Teaming up and seeing all the awesome costumes.
Flying to the mission and back to the contact.
Hanging out in Atlas Park.
Pretty much everything.

What I will miss least:
Sappers.
Quantum gunners. When on my Warshade.
Council caves.