Author Topic: CoX Artwork  (Read 32082 times)

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
Re: CoX Artwork
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 06:51:48 AM »
Thank you for those, Torroes.

Gothenem

• Minion
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 01:13:13 PM »
I have Captain Thunderbolt:

Who's artwork is here:

I have Syn Apsis

Coh:

Artwork:

I have Gothstrike

CoH:

Artwork:

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 01:24:43 AM »
Thank you for those, Torroes.

My pleasure Perfidus. Now if I just find people who want to continue City of Heroes in fan comic form with me.
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

MisterMagpie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 04:48:01 AM »

My  main heroine and main villain the twins Riley and Ryan Grimm. It kills me that the game ended before the cybertech pack was released for good dreads for Ryan.

Addershot and his daughter Vanessa Blade, as well as his non-hero wife Soo-Li.

My neutral alignment lawyers, Marla Heat and Elijah Halo.

My first villain, Busy Bee! (drawn by my friend Ann)

Also by Ann, chibi Midnight Molly.

A gift from Syrusb, Riley, Ryan, and Oxomoco!

A pinup of my mad scientist professor Dr. Velazquez.

Last one! I have more, but I've posted way more than enough. Eco Echo!
I mean well, I swear.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 07:26:44 AM »
Wait a sec....

We have an art section here? Why didn't anyone tell me?  :o

Okay I have a ton of commissioned art over on my DA page - http://thorsassassin.deviantart.com/

I'll post a few below for the fun of it though :)

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 04:00:39 AM »
Over the years at San Diego Comic Con I had David Nakayama do my 50s, though I can't seem to find all of them.

My main Retail Retali8r, the first to reach 50

Winter's True Spirit, who I have a gallery of other art as well,

Trickster's Jackalope, my tank

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 04:52:44 AM »
There was so much art I wanted to commission in COH, and just could not afford to do it. :(

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 04:58:18 AM »
What's stopping you? Almost everything I've commished, I commished after the announcement, and I'm waiting on four more now that I ordered after the shutdown.

And there are plenty of great artists that are very reasonable in prices. Generally it's only Americans that overcharge.

Samuraiko

• Elite Boss
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 05:21:54 AM »
What's stopping you? Almost everything I've commished, I commished after the announcement, and I'm waiting on four more now that I ordered after the shutdown.

And there are plenty of great artists that are very reasonable in prices. Generally it's only Americans that overcharge.

What's stopping me is unemployment. Finances are stretched tightly enough right now to make commissioning art an indulgence that I just can't manage. (And a lot of my art ideas are complex enough that they'd probably take significant time to do. I could be wrong, though.)

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 05:37:56 AM »

Often that's because of a variety of economic factors at play. Generally speaking I take a lot less than many illustrators, and probably a lot less than I should.

Still, there are indeed some who way overcharge.

... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2012, 06:16:46 AM »
That's completely understandable Samuraiko, but the crux of my statement remains true. When you do have the money, there's nothing stopping you. What you said before kind of made it seem like finality. Like because the game is gone you can't do it - and that's not true.

And I realize that corvus, absolutely. I've noticed the trends, and am worldly enough to understand some things. Not that I'm implying you think I didn't know things.

Samuraiko

• Elite Boss
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2012, 06:22:49 AM »
That's completely understandable Samuraiko, but the crux of my statement remains true. When you do have the money, there's nothing stopping you. What you said before kind of made it seem like finality. Like because the game is gone you can't do it - and that's not true.

And I realize that corvus, absolutely. I've noticed the trends, and am worldly enough to understand some things. Not that I'm implying you think I didn't know things.

Oh, as long as there are COH artists around, once I get back on my financial feet, I fully intend to get more art made. With my game temporarily displaced, I gotta get my fix somehow. At the very least, I MUST get the cover for TCOSR III done. Still wish I could have gotten David Nakayama to do it. :(

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2012, 06:34:49 AM »
Y'know he's still on Deviantart. :) He won't be coming to comic con most likely but he's over as pixel-saurus.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2012, 06:35:30 AM »
Nakayama used to do commishes. He may begin again now that he's only working for a company that does Facebook games. I can't imagine that pays too well, it's not like he's working for Zynga or Rovio.

If he does, I fully intend to commish him. It'd be the ultimate tribute to my characters, to have someone who did official art for my game, do art specifically of my characters. And yes he has a dA which I'm sure you're aware of too, where he posted the arts he did for the Who Will Die arcs, among other things.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2012, 07:56:56 AM »
Let's tone down the sniping a little here. Comments like "generally only Americans overcharge" isn't warranted. We're all art appreciators here so let's do a little art appreciation.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2012, 08:26:26 AM »
I am American, Agge. Born and raised. There's no sniping going on here and I think you're over moderating. I was just pointing out a fact, there was no negativity attached to it. You go take a look around Deviantart, compare people who do commissions. Compare the prices between those in USA to those not. You'll quickly find that you can have work done by someone in America for $20, that you can have done from someone equally talented from somewhere like Thailand or South America, for $5.

Corvus nailed it. It's not that we americans are money hungry, it's economic factors between countries. And I was just expressing this.

I'm not trying to undermine you. If this post is inappropriate, feel free to delete it, I'm just explaining it to you and hoping you see that there's no racial or country-based stereotyping going on here.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2012, 04:18:21 PM »
No prob Perfidus, we're cool :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:40:13 PM by corvus1970 »
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Alfinpogform

• Underling
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2012, 09:18:34 AM »
Registered because of this thread. I've commissioned a bit of work, and will wind up getting more I'm sure.

I'll start off with my most beloved character, 1 Up. She had some virtual reality gaming equipment that accidentally started affecting reality.

And some in civilian garb.

I got a few more of her, but I think they're too racy for this site.  :o

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2012, 01:32:18 PM »
My three girls. All done by hugohugo. There's a lot of his stuff posted in this thread already (wahhh I'm seeing things but I recognize Perfidus' avatar and 1Up) . He's amazing at capturing a character's personality, has a great range of styles and his work comes at a modest price.

Hyakki

Lock and Load Lari

Clairene

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 01:18:51 PM by Xieveral »
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2012, 10:20:40 PM »
Still waiting on some of my own but...

... here's a commission of my Wife's holiday fairy. Merry Christmas!