Author Topic: How are you handling the loss?  (Read 186918 times)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
Re: How are you handling the loss?
« Reply #640 on: August 13, 2013, 01:20:48 AM »
wait... so you're saying it wasn't a nemesis plot? :o
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #641 on: August 13, 2013, 02:01:39 AM »
*dopeslap*

Of course it was a Nemesis plot.  Everything's a Nemesis plot.  It's just some times, Nemesis likes to lure heroes into a false sense of security by making them think it wasn't a Nemesis plot, or that things exist that aren't Nemesis plots.

It's all just a turn of the cogs in the great machine that is Nemesis's Plot.

:P

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #642 on: August 13, 2013, 02:06:26 AM »

Whoa whoa, let's not be hasty. No-one is saying it's not a nemesis plot. He was probably just trying to capture Randomvector after he'd become distracted dealing with the plague. Or collect a DNA sample while he was administering a vaccine. Or gain access to the hospital's research lab. Or build up sympathy points once it was "discovered" that he "didn't" have anything to do with the plague at all. Or...

Damn that sneaky oil can, now he's got me seeing plots in other people's dreams. Someone really needs to kill arrest his rusty butt already. Arrest it into a million pieces. >:(

Edit: Yeah, what Kaiser said.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #643 on: August 13, 2013, 03:16:17 AM »
Damn that sneaky oil can, now he's got me seeing plots in other people's dreams.

Seems like his plot is plotting as intended then.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Randomvector

• Lieutenant
« Reply #644 on: August 13, 2013, 12:06:23 PM »
In the dream I did have the thought "this is probably a plot, but Can I Take That Chance?"

AngieB

• Underling
« Reply #645 on: August 13, 2013, 03:31:21 PM »
You know that feeling you get when you know there is something that you should be doing but, for the life of you, cannot remember? That is what this last year has felt like for our family. We are adrift. My husband and children lament the loss and have not found a place to call "home" as of yet. The kids are playing console games but none hold them for long. My husband is not playing anything at all. He loved CoH and not having access to it is...lonely. I have tried several games but I have not found one that can replicate or replace the feelings I had for CoH.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #646 on: August 14, 2013, 12:36:09 AM »
Something I mentioned in another thread just now. . . .

The impending shutdown notice was August 31.

We're coming up on a year from that, now.  Is there anything in mind?

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #647 on: August 14, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »
Something I mentioned in another thread just now. . . .

The impending shutdown notice was August 31.

We're coming up on a year from that, now.  Is there anything in mind?

I have an idea in mind that's a combination of the letter-writing/masks campaign that I would like to pitch. We now have a website that I have built: ourcityofheroes.com - so then we can revive the Banners for Ads thread.

As part of the website, I would like to incorporate a self-mailer that anyone can download, write on and mail to NCSoft or even Google. Give me a sec and I'll show you an example of what I'm driving at...
Save City of Heroes | http://www.ourcityofheroes.com/

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #648 on: August 14, 2013, 05:25:03 PM »
Here's the idea I had. Whatchathink?

Of course, you cannot cut out the eyes otherwise the letter will be returned to you.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 05:44:19 PM by VyoletRose »
Save City of Heroes | http://www.ourcityofheroes.com/

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #649 on: August 14, 2013, 05:57:53 PM »
spiffy
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #650 on: August 15, 2013, 03:59:10 AM »
Looks kinda cool.  :)

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #651 on: August 15, 2013, 06:35:50 AM »
Didn't handle it well at all. Kinda fell into depression and there was a month where all I did was read homestuck. Which i was reading before the closure announcement, but after that it was about all I could do. Played Champions for a bit. It didn't fill the hole.

And now that I've looked in this thread I'm going to start calling everything Nemesis plots again. xD Life is better that way.
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #652 on: August 15, 2013, 11:53:39 AM »
Like it! Maybe a twitter barage also?

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #653 on: August 18, 2013, 05:52:54 PM »
When August 31st arrives, I will once again feel the pain of loss I felt when servers closed for the last time....but then I will reaffirm my belief that we WILL have our City back someday. I refuse to give up my faith and hope.

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 19, 2013, 03:55:57 AM »
Same.

When people give up, nothing happens. And since that isn't an option, that only leaves us one choice.

Keep the hope, and see what happens.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #655 on: August 19, 2013, 11:25:34 AM »
Same.

When people give up, nothing happens. And since that isn't an option, that only leaves us one choice.

Keep the hope, and see what happens.

/em holdtorch

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #656 on: August 19, 2013, 06:16:24 PM »
Still hoping for CoX to return as well, and also hopeful for the spiritual successor projects.  Cause in the long-term I'm iritated at CO, because unless they get new stuff this upcoming year(this year is bogus, even with the new department they still have to implement all of this years weak sauce).  New powers arrive gimped, in that, well, they really are to weak to be useful, due to the community poisoning the developers with "This is overpowered, make this useless cause it's to damaging, and it interrupts to much, nerf that to so cookie cutter pvp builds don't have to change!".  I've to be frank a hard time believing CO will ever get any depth to it and CO just doesn't hold a cup of tea cause while it had all the potential it gets squandered due to morons crying nerf cause even though they want buffs to powers they seem to have become pessimistic morons who expect the devs to only nerf anything.  And lets not even mention Zone chat.  The few things that SHOULD be nerfed(such as devices that do far more damage then the player, like the teleosaurus pharamones which can have 5 active at once!) get DEFENDED cause of the double standards in the community....(as if they want only the ultra, ultra rich in CO to be the only ones having all the damage).

I miss CoX, and honestly CO has only really rekindled my nostalgia.  The sole reason I play it anymore is roleplaying, if I were to lose that, CO would be dead to me, because I have fun in other games regarding actually playing them alot of the time.  The general stupidity of the die-hards of CO only rubs me in the worst ways in places.  Roleplayers are still the only intelligent players I tend to run into over there, but theres always tools asking for nerfs to powers that are good, then defending only their own powers/devices so they can have that automatic edge over others....
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #657 on: August 19, 2013, 06:39:16 PM »

I miss CoX, and honestly CO has only really rekindled my nostalgia.  The sole reason I play it anymore is roleplaying, if I were to lose that, CO would be dead to me, because I have fun in other games regarding actually playing them alot of the time.  The general stupidity of the die-hards of CO only rubs me in the worst ways in places.  Roleplayers are still the only intelligent players I tend to run into over there, but theres always tools asking for nerfs to powers that are good, then defending only their own powers/devices so they can have that automatic edge over others....
The cries for nerfs happen in just about most MMOs. At least the ones I came across.

The sad part is that the devs seem to actually listen and swing the nerf bat, a term I first heard of in COX during the usual nerf cries for some powers being too strong or over powered. 

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #658 on: August 19, 2013, 08:29:25 PM »
The cries for nerfs happen in just about most MMOs. At least the ones I came across.

The sad part is that the devs seem to actually listen and swing the nerf bat, a term I first heard of in COX during the usual nerf cries for some powers being too strong or over powered.

Thats honestly exactly it.  Rather then listen to everyone who wants to see powers being good, they listen to those who want the powers to remain crappy.  And it's a nasty double standard.  Like crowd control players in CO actually don't want telepathy to have any damage; cause the way crowd control works is ALL Damage tends to break it.  Well by that logic damage dealers should not even attack with AoEs or anything....yet they are perfectly ok with every other themed powerset having some form of damage.  The fact that the devs listen to those players only alienates me.  I wanted to make a telepathy toon that coudl actually have a solid punch besides just crowd control, but nooooo, the telepathy powers got nerfed so much on test that they were useless enough to be ignored on live.  Everyone called it a useless update.  Force's redirect force was also nerfed into near uselessness to, due to the short duration of the buff and the low damage resistance buff that used to be 100%.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #659 on: August 20, 2013, 06:25:23 AM »
I'm still not handling the loss well.  Pining for CoH made me try CO again lately, and that wound up just reopening old wounds.

I detailed that exhaustively in another thread though.