Author Topic: ? about client software  (Read 1926 times)

Donoman

• Underling
? about client software
« on: December 03, 2012, 04:27:22 AM »
Now that it is shutdown (very sad), is there any reason to keep the client installed (besides for sentimental reasons)?

I'm assuming if somehow it is resurrected (which I truly hope for), a fresh installation will be required (from the resurrecting party).

Thoughts?

Thanks.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: ? about client software
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 04:32:36 AM »
There was another thread posted on this. The advice was to keep the actual game installed, but uninstall the launcher. Make SURE when you are asked 'do you want to also uninstall associated games' say no.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Donoman

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 04:39:35 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 04:40:26 AM »
If you want to watch demorecordings, you need the client.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 04:42:09 AM »
If you want to watch demorecordings, you need the client.
1000x This!
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Donoman

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 04:59:42 AM »
No need for the demorecordings, but I did what healix advised.  Thanks.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 05:12:49 AM »
I'm not nearly as IT-savvy as many of you.  Before I risk uninstalling the client, I want to wait until others have chimed in on this and a consensus of opinion (or close to it) is reached before I do anything irrevocable.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 05:30:48 AM »
Yah, I went ahead and uninstalled the launcher since I don't do democords. I mae sure my coh folder remained intact. I have a couple of mods for the game that I left in...the Coin-B-Gone (I HATED the spinning coin above the contacts' heads), Vidiotmaps and tCorva's enhancement/insps improvements.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

redgiant

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 09:32:46 AM »
Just to be clear,

You don't need the NCSoft launcher for demorecord playback at all, it only needs the CoH folder.

<installfolder>\cityofheroes.exe -demoplay <some.cohdemo>

Btw, if you make a shortcut for "<installfolder>\cityofheroes.exe -demoplay", you can drag n drop any .cohdemo file onto it to play it, instead of rigging individual ones per demo (or using the command line).