Author Topic: Costume viewer / editor utility.  (Read 33368 times)

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Costume viewer / editor utility.
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2012, 03:45:41 PM »
Not possible beyond a certain point. The costume format has changed quite a lot since then.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

MisterMagpie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2012, 03:58:39 PM »
Not possible beyond a certain point. The costume format has changed quite a lot since then.

aw dang
I mean well, I swear.

wei yau

• Boss
« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2012, 05:36:27 PM »
Yes, that should actually be fairly simple. Off the top of my head you'll need to consolidate all of the *Scales into one line, and you'll need to convert the colors from RGB triplets to 001122 html-style hex digits. The geometry and texture parts should be the same, and you can just leave out the display name, region, and bodyset.

You were right, it actually was fairly simple:

Here are the original Loyal Zodiac Guardsmen, preparing to leave through the Ouroboros Portal in search of their lost comrades:

Left to right: Gui Bai Tou (Ghost Rabbit), Shan Lau Hu (Lightning Tiger), Ti Gou (Iron Dog), Jiang Zhu (Honest Boar), Hou Ma (Fire Horse) and Shi Kuai Niu (Stone Ox)

So, in this shot, two of the characters were never recorded in a demo.

The two male characters existed in .costume files only.  Ti Gou, the Huge model, did exist in a different costume in demo, so I appropriated that one's body scales and modified the PARTNAME to reflect the values from the .costume file.

The other character, Shan Lau Hu, was trickier.

I tried porting his scales over to a template, but something horrible happened.  I suspect that because I based the template on Ti Gou's Huge model, something I missed was preserving the Huge proportions, while trying to map the Male model scales onto it.

Fair warning, this is pretty ugly.

I fixed this by copying the costume of Si Xiang, who was also a Male model, in robes.  Altered the PARTSNAME accordingly and eliminated the deformed freak I created.

So, until I figure out exactly how to make correct scales, I will simply have to copy the scales from other existing characters.  I should have enough to account for most varieties.

The next tricky part is colors.  When I translate the RGB values into Hex, I don't always get the right results.  I'm not sure why this is, though.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
OMFG

I ignored the part where it said how VERY OLD

it was.

I did not even recognize the graphics, the interface or....just anything about the costume generator. There is no possible way I can recreate my main character with that engine.

Hilariously enough, it's practically the *very same engine* as the 2012 version, excluding all the obvious new shiny things that were added to it over the years.

But... yeah. Korean creator is OOOOOOOLLD  :P
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

MisterMagpie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2012, 04:05:23 PM »
Hilariously enough, it's practically the *very same engine* as the 2012 version, excluding all the obvious new shiny things that were added to it over the years.

But... yeah. Korean creator is OOOOOOOLLD  :P

I  wish I had the ability to absorb coding skills from the ether, because I'd love to update it.
I mean well, I swear.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2012, 04:39:35 PM »
I  wish I had the ability to absorb coding skills from the ether, because I'd love to update it.

You'd then need a way to map the appropriate textures to the meshes.

Since apparently, the mod file around here to unlock more stuff gives you some untextured meshes as options to use... as parts.

;)
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive