Author Topic: How did you express yourself in CoH?  (Read 4421 times)

Tacitala

• Boss
Re: How did you express yourself in CoH?
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »
How I made a character varied. I have to say, a large chunk of my hero characters originally started as pen and paper RPG characters (which is why I had so many "non-standard" heroes).

Usually I started with a character concept, picked the powers, wrote her bio (sorry, I really don't like how the guy bodies look  :P), picked her main outfit, then found a way to link her in to the supergroup (which quite frequently was just my main character saying "Yay! More friends!" and not being too picky about what her friends are like).

I had one or two where I started with the powers.  I will admit I started two completely based on the costume bundle (barbarian and wild west).  But mainly I was concept first.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

blackjak

• Elite Boss
Re: How did you express yourself in CoH?
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 03:45:13 PM »
All my characters except 2 were made pulled from my 3 binders of heroes and villains fro. The '80s & 90's. All of thier stories were tweaked,of course, but not too much really. Costumes were very close to original because of the superb creator. Some even looked better than original.
Of the 2 that were not old, one was based on a British band and the other was a play on his name Android turned into a cross between Booster Gold and Cap. America. Oh the possibilities....
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl