Author Topic: Good bye, City Of Heroes - Good bye, Titan!  (Read 4472 times)

Fansy

• Lieutenant
Good bye, City Of Heroes - Good bye, Titan!
« on: December 01, 2012, 12:50:50 PM »
Hail Adventurers!

Many of us have had the pleasure of meeting, and playing in game. I have enjoyed my time thoroughly, with the remaining Developers and Moderators in the short time I was asked to come over by Matthew Miller. I immediately began singing as soon as I was directed here to any ears that wished to hear, I swiftly moved to action to try and spread the word to many a dungeon master but those dark places can be very tricky, luckily you have my swift feet and boastful voice to carry in. What has happened today should not be seen as the worst for though I still cannot speak on it I do look forward to CoH's grand reopening under a different company. I couldn't say much and cannot say much even still but let me DO say a certain special, family orientated someone has heard your pleas. Can they open a new door where another has shut? I cannot know but I will be here when that day comes. You have all become part of my grand Journey and for that I owe you the world. I wish you the best in your endeavors, and may life take you to new challenges that you each will come together to overcome.

As for ol' Fansy the Bard? Well, I'm glad you didn't ask but had me ask for you! As the topic suggests it's about time for me to leave this community and begin my travels onward, for you see a Bard is best known when the roads are tough and though this City is filled with sorrow and mourn there will be day break. Mercedes Lackey will guide you, and take you to new heights yet fathomed, trust in her words, wisdom, and contacts. For I have, and reaped a benefit most sweet. To that end, I wish to say thank you Ma'am. Tony, and his crew, even those who dislike me; Codewalker, I see you there. I wanted to say, thank you for everything you have done for this marvelous band of rebellious forever youths who will, by your hand, be your sword and cut through the ridiculousness of nuisances. Belay all that tho!

Without further ado, I am now heading out on this winding path that will take me to the unknown.

To all My City
To Villain Crude
To Rogues who Vagabond
Vigilantes too shrewd
From Scrappers lean
Brutes muscly tall
Tanks whom stand proud
Blasters that fall
Controllers who do not yield
Masterminds how they do plot
Defenders in heal
Corrupters always frightening
Dominators owning
Stalkers creeping down the hall
Warshades gleaming
Peacebringers glinting
Arachnos Widows sharpening
Arachnos Soldier arming
Finally Primalist Feral or Gifted still
And of all these choices in one and the same inside this game
You can bet your flower
that a Bard knew your name.
For singing is his pleasure without an ounce of regret!
How could he for you are all Heroes forever yet.

Thank you for everything, but Grandpa and I must take our bows now. Until the next you come our way or we yours, whichever until that day.

Eternally singing, faithful to the cause; banner to fly - We are Good Team Heroes, and this is what Good Team does,
Fansy The ''Famous'' Bard

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:14:17 PM by Fansy »

Colette

• Elite Boss
Re: Good bye, City Of Heroes - Good bye, Titan!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 01:03:04 PM »
A pleasure, oh bard. On the happy day the City reopens, seek out Sister Colette through our mutual friend Mercedes.

...now will somebody please explain to me who the heck this guy is...?

Viridian Surge

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 01:03:41 PM »
Fansy,

You've brought a smile to my face since the days when you regaled us with your bardic journeys in the Deserts of Ro.
Thanks for brightening up the Titan Forums when hope faltered and  t r o l l s began sprouting like mushrooms.
Thanks for injecting some mirth and joy in the remaining days of City of Heroes.
And though I may be a fool to hope for a resurrection of City of Heroes.. well when you wish upon a star... ;)

Jetfire99

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 01:39:56 PM »
Fansy,

You have been the subject of the odd story as long as I have been mmorpging. It was a honor to have you come to our aid in this time. I'm thankful, who knows where we'll meet or if we will again but thank you. Maybe with some fluke this will add another chapter to the legend of the bard who brought a server to its knees. Fair well and god speed.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »
I couldn't say much and cannot say much even still but let me DO say a certain special, family orientated someone has heard your pleas.

For whatever reason, this sentence is what finally made me totally and completely lose it. I think maybe because the more I think about it, the more I can't think of a better place for our game than Disney. My reaction was a combination of the grief that has been building, and happy tears at the thought of this actually coming to pass.

I cried before, but not like that. Anyway Fansy, I hope you are right. I hope the mouse is a force powerful enough to blow NCSoft aside. I hope someone will buy our game and that NCSoft will let them.

Jordan_Lee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 02:56:03 PM »
For whatever reason, this sentence is what finally made me totally and completely lose it. I think maybe because the more I think about it, the more I can't think of a better place for our game than Disney. My reaction was a combination of the grief that has been building, and happy tears at the thought of this actually coming to pass.

I cried before, but not like that. Anyway Fansy, I hope you are right. I hope the mouse is a force powerful enough to blow NCSoft aside. I hope someone will buy our game and that NCSoft will let them.

Same. I can't think of any evidence where Disney is a heartless and ruthless company. They won't put boobs into our game to try and make more money.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 03:01:15 PM »
Thank you very much Fansy. I may not know you the most, but I can recognize a good soul when I see one. May your games never find a fate, or just vicissitudes, as ours did.

We stand strong thanks in no small part to you. May your strength stand on as well.
Yeeessss....

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 03:09:59 PM »
Farewell! They will sing songs about Fansy in the City of Heroes - um...no, wait. Perhaps you will sing songs about City of Heroes. Or maybe Heroes will sing songs about the City. Or the City will sing a song about The Heroes and the Bard.

*scratches head*

However you look at it though, songs will be sung! Happy Travels to you, Famous Bard! :)

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 03:46:15 PM »

...Happy trails...to you...until...we meet...again...

As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 03:55:26 PM »
Thank you for your help Fansy!

Heavy Ion

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 05:33:27 PM »
You gave us many things, but the greatest was hope. Thanks for standing with us at the end of the world.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 07:21:06 PM »
A pleasure, oh bard. On the happy day the City reopens, seek out Sister Colette through our mutual friend Mercedes.

...now will somebody please explain to me who the heck this guy is...?

For lack of a better definiton?  For CoH, a Muse.  A male one, but there it is.  He sings for us, in that others would be inspired to save our beloved world.

I, for one, think it might just work.  But I'm more optimist than not on things.

Thanks Fansy.  From the Billion Inf Winner of the Random Slow Steel Canyon Run.. I might have not got the name right, but Electri-kin Tankage was glorious that day.  And I got to meet ya in game.  Good times.  Fare thee well!

Lydiastar

• Minion
  • @Syntaxically on twitter
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 07:51:08 PM »
<3

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 09:26:23 PM »
Fansy... I must admit that at first I had no idea who you were. EverQuest was never a part of my time on the internet, and I had no idea what humor or honor your name carried with it.

But the past aside, your actions since showing up here have told me all I need to know. From here on out, when next I hear the name "Fansy the Famous Bard", I shall rejoice. For I know that on that day I shall once again be in the company of a man with the heart of a Hero.

Stay safe out there, Bard!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 12:02:29 AM »
Thank you Fansy.  You haven't heard the last from me.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 12:58:51 AM »
Godspeed Fansy, you certainly brought a much-needed message to our crew.  I certainly hope you're right.  I hope when all is said and done, you look back on these days and say, "You know, that City of Heroes community, they had a few turds as every community must, but on the whole they were good people."

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 02:01:39 AM »
Take care, O Bard. Keep in touch, yeah? Us bard-y types should stick together.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV