Author Topic: Saving and sharing some of my CoX memories (and a bug)  (Read 943 times)

jlbernardes

• Underling
    • @Dr.Gamma in City of Heroes / City of Villains
Saving and sharing some of my CoX memories (and a bug)
« on: December 01, 2012, 10:19:47 PM »
Hi everybody,

Even though I should be working on something else, I was feeling down with the servers closed today and ended up putting up some numbers and info about SGs, characters, servers I played in etc., including screenshots and some demorecords. It's probably a lot more meaningful for me and to a few closer friends than it is for anyone else, but I guess I'll share here anyway:

http://www.drgamma.co.nf/

The only reason why I could actually do it (and kinda quickly) is that I wrote some quick and dirty javascript to pull some info from SentinelPlus xml files and put it together with some screenshots I had saved to create the character pages sort of automatically. Much as I like CoX, I wouldn't have had the time to manually create over 60 html pages, simple as they are... Big thank you again to the SentinelPlus people (and I'm still hoping we get to use those xml files for more than just these memories)!

There seems to be a problem though (probably more than one, but this is the one I was told about)... If anyone who sees this knows how to fix it (it's probably something silly I did), I thank you in advance for letting me know. Anyway, the problem is that while the content seems to load fine in Firefox (both and old and a newer version) and even IE, some friends of mine say a lot of the images aren't loading in Chrome, and I have no idea why (aside from maybe it being one of these problems with Chrome itself: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/chrome/report-a-problem-and-get-troubleshooting-help/F2CMjVgXb9U ). I also didn't have time to change language and local configurations or to test in Opera. Thanks again if anyone can throw me some pointers about this bug or others they find.

Thanks,
Joao, aka @Dr.Gamma.

Cryfire

• Lieutenant
Re: Saving and sharing some of my CoX memories (and a bug)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 11:06:36 PM »
Nice, I keep meaning to do something with all the information i saved including screensshots and demo records but still can't decide where to start.  :-\

On a cool side note My very first hero, Energy Master is in that screenshot, he's the one closest to the bus stop in the gold/yellow costume holding a torch too.  ;D

jlbernardes

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 10:32:14 AM »
Cool! Did you run those Posi TFs with us that day?

Cryfire

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:07:41 PM »
I ran part 1, didn't have time to do part 2 too.

jlbernardes

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 01:46:48 AM »
Ah, yeah, I think I remember!