Author Topic: The End  (Read 1333 times)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
The End
« on: December 01, 2012, 08:10:53 AM »
Well I guess that is the end of COX for right now.

All I can think about is the song by Lori Perry called Up Against The Wind
COX went out like a straight up G.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52PXsD5wET8

Coffin

• Underling
Re: The End
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:14:23 AM »
I couldn't believe the game was going to be shut down.
It happened and I still cannot believe it's gone.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 08:41:23 AM »
Regen Radio tried to line up the server shutdown with the end of The Final Countdown.  Forgot what it actually ended on.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

redgiant

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 08:45:31 AM »
Shutdown went 3 minutes or so past actual midnight, I think.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 08:54:07 AM »
Don't be mistaken guys. This isn't the end. It's only the beginning. Our fight is far from over yet, and even Tony seemed certain that the server shutdown was unavoidable in the short term. There's always a slim chance we can revive the game though, so we have to hold on to that glimmer of hope even in this darkest of hours.

I think that NCSoft is hoping that now that the servers are shut down our perseverance will waiver and fail, and we'll just let them continue business as usual. We have to stay strong and organized, and show them that we aren't going away anytime soon.

thunderforce

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 08:57:47 AM »
On Union, we mapservered at about 08:05.

I started playing in i3. I didn't play much, considering; but I'm going to miss it. "Oh, Dr Vahzilok".

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 08:58:16 AM »
Its been a pleasure....Bang!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 02:10:11 PM »
We got booted off Justice at 12:04 a.m.  The End?  Well, I can't log into CoH any longer.  Heck, I can't even access my NCSoft account!  (What's up with that?  Not that I was likely to try either Aeon or Lineage after this.)  Options: do nothing, find other activities and friends.  (I don't like that idea but will resort to it some.)  Look for another MMO that has both a style I like and players I enjoy.  (Possible, but not feeling too likely.)  Remain active on Titan, helping where I can (limited, sorry but realistic) and work to keep our diverse community together (the option I'm most interested in) since collectively we DO have a voice and our money votes.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 02:27:16 PM »
I logged on after work. gathered with friends at the steps of Atlas Park Building.
We all held torches.
Friends I haven't seen in awhile sent me tells, chats. It was nice to see CoH active like the old days where you had to scroll a few pages  through /sea.
Eventually we played a few missions...I wasn't up to a Rikti Raid, preferred to be with fellow Heroes/Heroines. I visited every Zone and my character said 'goodbye' to Synaspe,Mink, Manticore, Valkyrie, Positron, Miss Liberty, War Witch, Annah, Admiral Sutter, Annah, few others.

Could not get back into Atlas Park, full, so I said goodbyes on Broadcast, and did what any super heroine would do, -parked my character at Wentworths in Steel Canyon.
All my influence, super inspirs, salvage, became worthless.

It was City of Heroes 'Ragnarok'.
I could understand if the game community lost interest and went away like what normally happens.
...I can't believe this happened to a game people were active in to the end.
May Titan rise from the ashes of Paragon. God Bless.