Author Topic: In Star Wars lingo: A New Hope  (Read 2993 times)

Ixontes

• Underling
In Star Wars lingo: A New Hope
« on: December 01, 2012, 11:52:29 AM »
I tried logging on to COH this morning and it is truly gone. I was hoping it was a big very late April fools joke. I got chills last night seeing the many instances of Atlas Park and all of the peeps trying one last time to save it. Last week I downloaded a Star Wars Galaxies Emulator because all of the games I have tried since the announcement of COH ending had fallen short. There was a time when SWG was my most favorite. I created a character and began playing SWGEMU. It is just like the good ole days, before SOE screwed things up and lost all of their customers. With this said, I believe that there is New Hope with COH. Both games were alike with their fan base. God speed COH!!!!

Kurukaze

• Underling
Re: In Star Wars lingo: A New Hope
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 12:57:10 AM »
I'm also at the EMU. It's not complete yet, but it's a great example of what's possible with reverse engineered servers. They even have reverse engineered the rubberbanding problem SWG suffered at the start for quite some time - it's just slight and much less happening than it was in SWG, and no pun intended. It was really more of "heck, like in the old days, feels like a timewarp!"