Author Topic: I have no Idea what I'm going to do now.  (Read 946 times)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
I have no Idea what I'm going to do now.
« on: December 01, 2012, 10:41:09 AM »
Cox was the place I'd goto to escape the problems of life. To let my mind and creativity flow. To be happy. To socialize. And much more.

When the shutdown announcement was made in august I began playing some champions. I was in such pain and saddness from the announcement that it became hard to keep logging in to CoX. But I still would atleast try to make my msr's. I loved them, and I felt like a different person while I was leading them.

I lead my last few wednesday, thursday and tonight. But as the time got closer I only got more and more depressed. It's just a game though right? Well not completely. For some of us it's very much apart of our lives. Just like sports or any other form of fun. I think it even being disconnected wasnt the part thats going to hurt me most. It's sunday and next friday when I'll no longer be allowed to even start a msr. Sure I also love champions online, but its not CoX. Nor was it meant to be. I don't think anything will fill that void.

So I'm looking at you Disney or the people working on emulation. Please save us. We're not ready to quit. I'm not ready to quit.

EventHorizonMan

• Minion
Re: I have no Idea what I'm going to do now.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 11:19:22 AM »
Believe me you have my sympathies, as I felt the same way.

You are correct when you say it is not just a game, but also understand that it is not the only game in town. Champs have been getting better...slowly...since it's launch...and there are other MMOs you can check out.

Don't dwell so much on the sad things but cherish the good times instead. Remember fondly the task forces you were on or the sights of Paragon City's many zones. Recall that swelling of pride when you took down that tough villian in a mission all by yourself. If you were lucky enough to get screen shots over the years, as I have, look over them to jog your memory of how much you did and what fun you had.

All good things come to an end, but it does not mean the memories of the good times have to stop. Take a break to digest what has happened and pretty soon you will be able to move on.

Hope this helped

Event Horizon Man

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 11:40:08 AM »
What now?

Live

What to take?

Well, we all resonated with a certain.. empowerment embodied in our characters.  Was it just powers that made them so?  If not.. a game shutdown cant take that from  you.
@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »
I was feeling the same, but now I try to live without City of Heros and it's working in some form. First I was trying some other MMOs but just like you said: Nothing is like City of Heroes. For me most of this fantasy crap is always the same game just with other grafics and the two other Hero MMOs out there are just not my style. I try Champions and I deinstall it, I try DC, I still have it on my harddrive but I didn't play it anymore and now...

Well, that's it for me with MMOs. I spent so many time and money into City of Heroes and now there is absolutly nothing left, just this forum here. I see what's going on here every day and now I play games I always wanted to play like Dragon Age or some games on my Wii, but I didn't because of City of Heroes. It's just like you play soccer for many years and now they are closing the stadium and everyone you played with is leaving the city. Now you can play hockey or rugby it's also sport but it's not the same.

I will always remember how NC-Soft was closing this game and I have a good memory...

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 12:55:59 PM »
We will all survive this.

I don't want to trivialize grief that is as real as any bereavement. You must take this seriously. For many of us, this was like hearing a good friend had three months to live, and today that friend finally died.

Although I am the first to shout, "have faith, the City will be reborn!" let us assume for a moment that I am wrong. (That so seldom happens, y'know.)

You will find some other diversion. (I'm buying X-Com.) The grief will occcasionally hit you like a punch to the gut, but it will happen less and less, until you eventually wonder what the fuss was about, how you could be excited about punching buttons in sequence to activate your attack chain, or going through that same cave segment over and over again.

More importantly, if you were an RPer like me, and sometimes even if you weren't, you became a little more like the person you pretended to be. All unknowing, you cultivated and practiced traits that you admire, that you consider "heroic," which is the first step at least to becoming more "heroic" yourself.

And you now know what it might be like, to live in such a world as Paragon City, which is the first step at least to making such a city into reality.

Forgive me, I'm a mystic sometimes. Whatever our future, I do not regret the time or money I invested in Paragon City, and despite the shoddy ending, I remain profoundly grateful.

(Now let's get back to bashing NCSoft. Seriously, F___ NCSoft sideways with a ___!)