Author Topic: I'm gonna be really sappy....  (Read 923 times)

Synodontis

• Minion
I'm gonna be really sappy....
« on: December 01, 2012, 07:06:58 AM »
Rereading Lord of the Rings, and this evening (morning) several passages keep calling to me:

"Already she seemed to him, as by men of later days Elves still at times are seen: present and yet remote, a living vision of that which has already been left far behind by the flowing streams of Time..."

"Now it is time to drink the cup of farewell....  And let not your heart be sad, though night must follow noon, and already our evening draweth nigh..."

"I do not foretell, for all foretelling is now vain: on the one hand lies darkness, and on the other only hope...."

Yeah I'm making myself cry :}

plasma

• Underling
Re: I'm gonna be really sappy....
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:12:27 AM »
Even the wise cannot see all ends.

Synodontis

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 04:45:36 AM »
Thank you.  A good thing to keep in mind.  :)

Shadowhawke

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 08:39:54 AM »
It's not sappy at all. I was listening alternating to the Cape and Virtue's radio all night, and the Cape played Roy Batty's legendary speech at the end of Blade Runner...and I was channeling that all night.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

But I still hold out hope at least for an emulator, if not an IP sale, so if we're going to channel Tolkien, this is the one I vastly prefer, especially given that my main 50, Shadowhawk, was effectively a Midnighter wizard.

"But it was not the end, I felt life in me again. I've been sent back, until my task is done...and I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3p7BFSZ_Bw