Author Topic: 1,000 Paper Cranes for CoH!  (Read 7679 times)

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
Re: 1,000 Paper Cranes for CoH!
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 02:16:18 AM »
I think that basically, the main interpretation of receiving 1000 paper cranes,  is the same as what everyone views as "art". Art comes in many forms, and not everyone will consider it art.

In this case, the receiver could see 1000 paper cranes as "art" and really take to heart what we're trying to achieve.
Or, they could view it as spam or trash and just an annoyance. It really all depends on the receiver.

(although, personally, I don't think that it would be too big of an annoyance, since the last 1,000 I sent to Disney were stuffed into a shoebox with a letter, it wouldn't be overly enduring to dispose of.)
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 07:23:09 PM »
I think that basically, the main interpretation of receiving 1000 paper cranes,  is the same as what everyone views as "art". Art comes in many forms, and not everyone will consider it art.

In this case, the receiver could see 1000 paper cranes as "art" and really take to heart what we're trying to achieve.
Or, they could view it as spam or trash and just an annoyance. It really all depends on the receiver.

(although, personally, I don't think that it would be too big of an annoyance, since the last 1,000 I sent to Disney were stuffed into a shoebox with a letter, it wouldn't be overly enduring to dispose of.)

yeah.

The follwoing assuming it was unsolicitated and or unasked for)

If someone sent me a cape and mask, I probably find that amusing.

Someone sent me a cake, even with good intentions, I'd probably look at it with suspicions and throw it out. Potential health reasons.

Someone sent me a bunch of coupons, it would be an annoyance, and straight garbage can fodder and if feeling froggy might send them a bill for disposal and trash bags and labor cost that it cost me to haul that stuff to the trash for pick up. Not expecting them to actually pay but principal of the matter.

Someone sent me a bunch of letters, slightly irksome, but might read a few.

Some one sent a box of stuff they made with paper but their cause is sound, probably wouldnt feel any sort of way about it but probably would end up in a closet collecting dust until Spring cleaning season. But may reply back letting them know I recieved their stuff and it was touchign but do not send anymore.

Someone sent a box of stuff but I didnt view them favorable or their cause was iffy or unheard of, then that would be highly annoying and might actually send an email requesting "dont send anymore stuff or else" type reply. AKA, lose my address, immediately.

While others might find all the above touching and favorable while others find all the above highly annoying and many may feel in between depending on who sent it and their mood.

Thinking back on it, if ya feel the risk is worth it, go ahead and send them all. They may get a kick out of it.

LT. Couper

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2013, 04:25:33 AM »
So, what if I strung them all together in such a way that it would collapse into a hat box, with a "hold here" tab at the top, so when they pull up on the tab, the whole thing is all one piece strung together in a sort of tube shape? I dont know how well the collapsing part would work, but I've seen pictures on google, of cranes arranged in some pretty awesome ways.  :D

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 11:46:35 AM »
I saw this mobile, and thought it was really nice! (I even saw a lampshade)

and here is a variation of the crane that I really like

and just for you Lt, a desktop (And by the way, I never new about the '1000/wish comes true' thing)

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

LT. Couper

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 08:54:29 PM »
I think I just found the perfect background for my laptop. Thanks!  ;D