Author Topic: A Meditation on Evil  (Read 1505 times)

Gothica

• Minion
A Meditation on Evil
« on: November 30, 2012, 09:56:58 PM »

Lucretia MacEvil

Re: A Meditation on Evil
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 11:31:46 PM »
Wow.  Just... wow.

What I would give to be able to express myself thus.

Thank you, Gothica, for putting into words the nature of our disgust with this whole debacle.

And thank you, citizens of Paragon and the Isles, for being there when I needed you.  I tried to be there for you, too.

See you out there....

---Lucretia
       (Infinity server, alts on both sides)

Vhailor2003

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 09:50:54 AM »
This is beautiful, and deserves to be seen and repeated.

Insatiable One

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 10:04:17 AM »
wow.  well versed and well read. 

you may have read "A Canticle for Liebowitz" and if you have not, I suggest it.   If so, bear in mind, that we have much more than a scrap of a blueprint to rebuild with.    While it is inherent in our nature to self-destruct, the ruinsof old cities are often the foundations for new ones.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 01:26:07 PM »
If I may repeat what I said in my letter to Disney... City of Heroes is a work of art. This is like some rich wanker buying a Goya, or an original folio, or a very rare classic comic book, and feeding it to the fire when he's bored of it.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 03:43:36 PM »
Very nicely reasoned, worded, and felt.  It is evil.  It is the destruction of art and community in the pursuit of having more than was previously sufficient.  While I've not read On the Beach your description of it reminds me more of the dangers from global warming and climate change.  While City of Heroes may return--I hope it does--or a successor to it emerge, you are right in calling this out as evil.

I don't consider you over the top or melodramatic in the least.  What you said was beautifully written.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine