Author Topic: The end of an era  (Read 4496 times)

Arctic Force.

• Lieutenant
  • I am A Blaster.....Floors Fear Me!!
Re: The end of an era
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 02:19:11 PM »
I have been a member Titan Network since 2008, I want to say thank you to all that have been involved with this site. The tools that have been made available are invaluable. The knowledge in Paragon Wiki has opened the game to me in a whole new way.

I currently have 24 level 50's on Justice Server that will be going into Stasis Sleep tonight with hopes of waking in the future.

I will be here on the boards following and helping the SaveCOH movement as much as I can.

The game may be going away but the community is alive and kicking and I for one cannot walk away from so many wonderful and caring people.

One the biggest entertainment franchises was saved by a letter writing campaign. Now it has 4 spin-off tv shows an animated series, eleven movies plus 1 in the works, multiple games And pretty much started "Fan-Cons". Thanks Mr. Roddenberry  Earn free bitcoin

AlabasterKnight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »
I would never have come to the Titan Networks if not for the closure.

Ditto to this (and the thanks to TonyV and all the others here who have laid this ground work).

TonyV, I actually got misty and just really appreciate that post.
I found myself going "Yea, me too" on many of your recollections, especially remembering being invited to the Lighthouse lounge.
I remember backing Scholarman and bashing around a thread on the official forum called 'Probation and Duress' which first suggested and fleshed out most of the things that ended up happening with 'Going Rogue'.
And I certainly remember AE's introduction and how we had that wonderful tool and the speculation about how it would affect in game....
My fondest memories oddly were in the first three months of live when, as someone who didn't know  alot about the game, I joined an SG on Protector called All-Star Squadron, and Perez Park was such a big deal...
One door closes, another opens.
Thank you for sharing your moment Tony.

unladenswallow

• Lieutenant
  • "Are you suggesting Coconuts Migrate?"
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 03:56:48 PM »
Thanks for all that you have done for the community and for me. As a long time casual player I could not have enjoyed this game as much as I did with out the help of the Titan Network. Here's hoping that you finally get to do the upgrades for this site when COH comes back.
"The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." -Thomas Paine

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 04:23:13 PM »
Thank you for initiating and spearheading all of this, Tony. And the same to the Titan Network, Team Wildcard, and all the others who have been out in front doing the hard thinking and the heavy lifting. They say the only way to fail is to not try, so regardless of the outcome, it's a guarantee that we haven't failed here.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 04:25:33 PM »
You are doing good here Tony. I dont think I would have been able to/have the skills do it. Hats off to you man.

Sally Suicide

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »
The Coming Storm is upon us, but we will see each other again. The light always comes back.
I didn't come much to Titan either before the closure announcement (though i was an avid user of the wiki and Mid's wonderful program), but CoH filled almost seven years of my life. You're my family, and I love you all, even those who annoyed me, and those i never met.

epawtows

• Elite Boss
  • Mechanical Engineer
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 06:24:06 PM »
Created a Titan account a while ago, before really understanding what this was about (hence my odd ID);  wish I'd been more active  before. 

Thanks very much to Tony, the execs, and the leaders in the SaveCoH and PlanZ.  It's been inspiring.

Profit

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 06:39:16 PM »
I just don't even have the words right now.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »
I remain confident all will be well, but I also believe this crisis has brought out the very best in our community. Provided we survive, we will return stronger than ever.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 03:46:32 PM »
Very well posted as always Tony!  While CoX will always be in my head and heart, I will miss all of this....Working with you all, the Fans, the Game, the Fun....