Author Topic: SO what is everybody gonna go to now  (Read 33832 times)

DamianoV

• Lieutenant
Re: SO what is everybody gonna go to now
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 11:46:47 AM »
I like that Vanguard idea... been a long while for me on that one, it would be interesting to see what changes they've made (if any...)

I'd just read about City of Steam a couple weeks back, forgot about it in the rush of activity re: CoH.  Gotta give that a whirl, too...

Queen of Eels

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 04:21:31 PM »
Secret World. VelvetDevil on Grim.  :) There's even a global channel for us: #CoH_Refugees

CapaDevans

• Minion
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 04:44:04 PM »
Got dragged into LoTRO last night. We all start in different places so my friend and I wound up on different parts of the world. :( Another friend came and fetched us to another place so now I have no idea where we are.

It's pretty and gave me so idea for houses in Minecraft but it's not CoX. What's the point of having different char types if you all meet a load of the same race when you start! Maybe it'll get better. I was upset at losing CoX and while it's nice having a veteran player to show you around, they can be a bit "go here, go there, do this it's faster" which isn't what I want when starting anew.

Got STO downloaded. Will try that at some point. Maybe CO. Someone mentioned Pardus so might try that. Diablo 3 is on my drive but it's not a patch on D2 which was much better.

Right now I'm thinking no MMO and play offline Minecraft.

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 05:03:20 PM »
I try so many MMOs over the years, but nothing was like City of Heroes so I always come back to this. No I'm homeless and over the years nothing changed so far. Champions Online makes a nice jump forward over the years, but I still not like the game, teaming is horrible there. DC Universe got the same problem, nice to make a little bit solo, but I don't see any teamplay over there too. Then we have all this fantasy crap, always the same game, just with other graphics...

Right now, that's it for me. I spent so many time and money with City of Heroes and all I have now from this game left is this forum with all of the nice people here. I cant' even start this game anymore to play it solo, everything is gone. Thanks to NC-Soft in changing my mind about MMOs. Now I play other games like Dragone Age or I still have some games for the Wii I always wanted to play. The good thing about this is, no one rings on my door and take my game CDs away...

I only see me playing an MMO again when one of this things happen:

- One of the Plan Z projects are playable
- Some friends persuade me in playing game X and it's not from NC-Soft
- City of Heroes re-opens from an other publisher (I don't thing so)

Stratoburst

• Minion
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2012, 07:07:17 PM »
I'm hanging out in Star Wars:  The Old Republic for the time being.  If you see Heleki (Jedi Consular) on Ebon Hawk server, that's me.  I'm also playing a lot of Team Fortress 2

SWTOR pros:  great storylines (IMO even better than CoX), great gameplay, fluid animations
SWTOR cons:  grouping isn't NEARLY as easy as in CoX (HUGE con); an aspect of that is there is no sidekicking or level scaling - if you haven't gotten to the right level for content, tough - if you have outleveled content, tough.

The absolute best part of CoX was the ease of grouping.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 09:24:52 PM »
I was already playing Champions and Star Trek Online off and on in addition to City of Heroes. So I will continue there as well. I have added a few new characters to my CO roster though in the form of my main and most beloved characters from City of Heroes. Currently that's Cyberman 8, Kara Skye, Lily the Diamond and Sassinak, but there may be others added as well.

Also I occasionally dabble in DCUO for fun. I don't try and convert characters to that system, but I have some good ones.

Lastly, because of friends who pre-ordered Guild Wars 2 and who aren't going to be in any other game for the foreseeable future, I'll be joining them there as well. (Though I have made a solemn vow that I will NEVER pay real world money for gems, since that money also goes to NCSoft.)

So...

In the words of Buckaroo Banzai -

"No matter where you go, there you are."

Or perhaps a little less 'zen' and a little more jauntily heroic -

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!"

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 10:49:58 PM »
Well, I was planning on spending the weekend playing CO (during their double XP weekend), but I spent yesterday double-checking my CoH backup files (as much as I hope for CoH's resurrection, I really needed the 11 GB of hard drive space, so I copied the client and beta client to an external drive), and spent today trying to get it installed on a Mac.  It was installing veeeerrrry slowly, got to 50% before I had to restart the computer, and instead of resuming, the install started over at 0%, and it's currently at 14%. (Edit: 20% now... so, if my math is right, it should be done in approximately another 4 and a half hours, but that'll be after 4 am and I'll be unconscious already)

So no double XP for me, it appears.

On the other hand, Kingdom of Loathing is having their annual Crimbo event, so I'm going to be there a lot this month.  (This year, it appears that ol' Uncle Crimbo has fired his elves - again - and replaced them with "animelfs".  Odds are we won't get to see those until the 15th-ish, but we can fight his out-of-work elves, who are now gainfully employed by a fast food taco restaurant.  Yes, it's that sort of game)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 11:11:05 PM by Thunder Glove »

CapaDevans

• Minion
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 11:48:41 PM »
FB is saying don't run the launcher - delete it and keep the rest. I can't confirm it but reports that the launcher self uninstalls removing all your screenies.

Peregrine Falcon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 03:51:34 AM »
FB is saying don't run the launcher - delete it and keep the rest. I can't confirm it but reports that the launcher self uninstalls removing all your screenies.
I ran the launcher just a few minutes ago. It did nothing but open to the launcher page as normal. It didn't break anything. And City of Heroes is the only NCSoft game on my machine.

So much for panicky rumors.

Not saying that can't change, but that isn't currently the case.
Paragon City refugee - "We're heroes, it's what we do."

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 04:52:00 AM »
I was already playing Champions and Star Trek Online off and on in addition to City of Heroes. So I will continue there as well. I have added a few new characters to my CO roster though in the form of my main and most beloved characters from City of Heroes. Currently that's Cyberman 8, Kara Skye, Lily the Diamond and Sassinak, but there may be others added as well.

Same here. I've had an account with CO since December 09, but hardly played it (which is why my main just dinged 30 earlier today). Eventually, I'll get my villains transferred over, as well.

Knight'Hawk/Night'Hawk

Dark'Falcon

Golden Owl

GeeForce

Texas'Star/Texas Star

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 05:23:10 AM »
I'm hacked into CO on my mac as of today. A bit wonky and weird, but I  can play something heroic at least. Feel free to catch me ingame anytime as Blackjak @dynamojr.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 07:24:22 AM »
I have an apartment move to get done here but beyond that I'll be fully settling into Champions Online, which I've been playing for a while. I have four characters total so far, two of which are "descendants" (so to speak!) of City alts.

I have DCUO for the PlayStation as well, but I'm not a big fan of console play with only a controller... because of my heavy roleplaying background. I piddle around with the combat on my NAT/BRL on rainy days.

I am eagerly awaiting the β for Final Fantasy XIV-2, though, since I've been waiting for the PS3 ver. since applying when XIII came out-- :/

Death_Volt

• Underling
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2012, 02:21:20 PM »
Look for me on Phantasy Star Online 2 when that hits US shores. For now, I'll be giving CO another shot as Wattwatt

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2012, 03:21:02 PM »
I'm in CO, too. On my City of Heroes characters.

It doesn't feel..right. I still feel a bit like I'm cheating on my soulmate, but I'm taking solace in the fact that it's money that's going nowhere near NC Soft and the fact that I feel like I managed to 'save' my characters by whisking them to a new location, and that NC Soft couldn't just take them away from me.

If anyone knew me in COH, I was Unseen Scarlet/Vandellia/Burning Bright.

My global there is @nessatremaine - feel free to add me, if you knew me. But say who you are first, because I keep getting randoms trying to friend me (because I clearly look friendly) and I'm declining people I don't recognise (because, clearly, I'm not as friendly as I apparently look.)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 05:01:52 PM »
Just turned my account to full.  I got a Rotten Luck but I don't think I use him.  Why Rotten on City of Heroes had a full life..er afterlife?  Anyway If I'm starting over it's with a new character...

I introduce you to PEST a mutant who seems more Rat then human.  Runaway he lives on the streets can eat almost anything dig into almost any surface and attacks with claws.  Picture coming soon as Champions finished downloading onto this computer.  or when I awaken when again.

P.S. My new global is @RottenLuck13
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:31:41 PM by Rotten Luck »
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012, 05:35:22 PM »
Btw, for those playing CO, I recommend using a gamepad if you have one. For me, at least, it make the game much more playable and fun.

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2012, 06:29:19 PM »
Just did the tutorial and first mission on STO last night. Could be fun, but don't know that it will hold me. We'll see.

Tatyana Korsakova@SiberianSpring

sl701

• Minion
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2012, 06:41:56 PM »
Convinced my wife to get back into MMOs and we're currently enjoying LOTRO and SW:TOR.
Apart from that, WoT (really nice for a quick game once in a while), STO (got a lifetime there - but playing not that often as I wish).
I have also tried TSW but have cancelled my subscription so I can play more with my wife. Also, a bit of CO once in a while. Made an account when it went live, but, well, it isn't CoX  :-\

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2012, 08:43:35 PM »
I had been tempering my need for a Zelda and Pokemon fix before the shutdown, so that's probably what I'll do for a while (after finals week).  At least no one can take those games away from me.

Kuriositys Kat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »

Also I occasionally dabble in DCUO for fun. I don't try and convert characters to that system, but I have some good ones.

Lastly, because of friends who pre-ordered Guild Wars 2 and who aren't going to be in any other game for the foreseeable future, I'll be joining them there as well. (Though I have made a solemn vow that I will NEVER pay real world money for gems, since that money also goes to NCSoft.)

So...

In the words of Buckaroo Banzai -

"No matter where you go, there you are."

Or perhaps a little less 'zen' and a little more jauntily heroic -

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!"

You can never go wrong quoting BB.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor