Author Topic: SO what is everybody gonna go to now  (Read 33842 times)

matthew31179

• Underling
SO what is everybody gonna go to now
« on: November 29, 2012, 08:29:40 PM »
Well it looks like NCSoft is gonna hold on to everything becuase they know that if they sell the IP address and everything else we are going to stay with OUR Game and OUR Community. So i thought if they wont let us play CoH what game is everybody going to so maybe we can keep our community together.  As for me i think i'm heading to perfect world international for a while.

Shadowhawke

• Minion
Re: SO what is everybody gonna go to now
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 10:54:50 PM »
Well, October marked my 10-year anniversary for EverQuest, and the 18th expansion, Rain of Fear, just went live last night. Once I am done doing all I want in Paragon and drying my tears, same as last year when I saw 'Galaxies off, I went home to Norrath. Norrath is home, it's outlasted nearly everyone.

But also, I run in Age of Conan and Champions Online, where some of the toons I am known by in CoH by have their migrated equivalents there. Also, Star Trek Online, and now that it's free to play as well, I'll be sampling Old Republic.

But let's see how it all plays out; like some have stated previously, sometimes the winds shift in the corporate realm.

DKeith2011

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 11:07:27 PM »
I'm playing Star Trek Online with some other CoX refugees and experimenting with Champions.

Champions does have is strong points, mainly freeform power selection, but it lacks the spirit CoX had.

Sonarr

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 07:16:36 AM »
World of Warcraft (a few RL friends play regularly, so that's a plus), Champions, and recently I've gotten into DCUO.

And of course, working on Plan Z.  ;)

-Sonarr

EventHorizonMan

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »
Since the news of the shutdown last Labor Day, I've been setting myself up on Champions Online using reboots of my toons I've played on CoX. I've finally gotten into the swing of things but Champs is not City of Heroes. City Of Heroes was like capturing lightning in a bottle, a rarity. Something like that won't happen again for the superhero MMO genre.

I'm on as Alart, Mastermind, Metal Maven, and Baleful Bonnie (who just hit level 40 last weekend!), so if you see any of those toons feel free to drop me a line to say hi.

Event Horizon Man

DrBoston

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 12:08:05 PM »
The Secret World. Eluminaughty on Grim.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:05:21 PM by DrBoston »

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 12:26:41 PM »
I'm still shopping for a new MMO.  Even thinking of rezzing my Troll witchdoctor.  I have also returned to Skyrim and got it heavy modded for a new experience.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

The_Rottweiler

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 12:35:47 PM »
Just got a 60-day card for SWTOR. Gonna make one of each class on Ebon Hawk server and see if anything moves me. Kinda diggin' my Bounty Hunter, Bruun, so far...

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 02:15:32 PM »
I'm going to swear off MMOs for a while.  Maybe resume playing Evil Genius.

Any MMO I play will bring back too many memories of CoH, at least for a while.

Bludgeon

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 03:14:05 PM »
IMHO all other super hero MMOs are sorely lacking. I hear how COH was old and needing modernization, but the competition is no better than a game console. 

With that said, I moved over to EVE Online.  It is complex and not nearly has fun as COH, but it is different enough to where I am not reminded of my loss.

-Blu

The_Rottweiler

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 04:54:22 PM »
FYI, a nice alternate to MMOs:

Minecraft -- I can't recommend this enough. Best sandbox I ever played in.

FTL (Faster Than Light) -- Get this off Steam and kill hours.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 07:31:41 PM »
I'm keeping my characters alive (mostly, ahaha, spoiler alert) in a novel I'm writing.

(I still need a cover artist wink wink nudge nudge)
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

SuperstarGroup

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 08:08:29 PM »
The Secret World. Eluminaughty on Grim.

My characters on The Secret World are Jan-Vic, Jan-Vict, and Kizy from The Cabal on Arcadia. I'm playing that, and I've also been stoked about MechWarrior Online, it's in it's open beta stages now.  I also been planning on playing STWoR, & Planetside 2, I've mainly been playing MWO, APB Reloaded, Left 4 Dead 2 on PC, & I'm thinking about getting a PS3 over the holidays and playing games there in the future.  If you add one of my facebook pages, You'll be able to keep in contact with me better there, and see what I'm up to as far as gaming search /Vencedor.Gamer that's my personal facebook and for friends in CoH, or search for /VencedorGaming that's my everything to do with gaming page.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:20:09 PM by SuperstarGroup »

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 09:58:06 PM »
I am playing Star Trek Online, too.

Matt Miller now works for STO, as does Dr. Aeon. Need I say more?  :)

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 12:06:15 AM »
Posi got a job there? Good to see that he landed on his feet

I think he did. I know Aeon isn't there alone!

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 12:40:28 AM »
I'm....(gonna get flames for this...)...Play Guild Wars 2.

Don't hate me. Some of my very good friends work at ArenaNet. I enjoy the game. And I bought it months before Black Friday. I'm not going to waste my money.

I'm Sithrose.5168 over there on Sanctum of Rall, if you want to look me up. :)
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 12:43:55 AM »
I think after tonight, I'll go out and buy a box of Twinkies. That'll help cheer me up.

Empyrean

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 04:08:24 AM »
I'm playing Star Trek Online with some other CoX refugees and experimenting with Champions.

Champions does have is strong points, mainly freeform power selection, but it lacks the spirit CoX had.

WE were a big part of the spirit CoH had.  If we go to Champs,  we'll bring some of that with us :)

Starkzilla

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 04:21:51 AM »
Going to try out ToR myself, and TSW once I have the money for it. I've heard good things about both.

Synodontis

• Minion
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 07:13:30 AM »
Game-wise, I'm going to play Sim City if I can get a copy... if not, maybe when the new one comes out next year.  I like the idea of creating my own cities. 

Any other games don't appeal to me the way COH did in the creative aspect.  I liked creating my own characters. 

I am going to try to do some fan art of my characters and of COH in general, if any of it turns out good I might put it on DeviantArt...

Other than that, keep working on the counted cross stitch project I started over ten years ago.  It's about time I finish that.

:)