Author Topic: Looking for TWO artists for a project.  (Read 1140 times)

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
Looking for TWO artists for a project.
« on: November 28, 2012, 03:59:57 AM »
I'm writing a novel set in a superhero universe.  It's from the point of view of a villain.

The heroes and villains are based on CoX characters of myself and my wife, and a few friends with their permission.  But I've come up with new names, and shifted the setting from Paragon City, to a more Marvel Comics-like NYC.

I came up with a cover, while in a painkiller induced coma following some terrifying dental work.  What I need to do it is not one, but two artists.

My inspiration is that famous page from Amazing Spider-Man #50 (1967):

I'd want a realistic painter/artist to make the main image, of the man walking away from the trashcan in the alley.

Instead of the Spider-Man suit, though, the garbage can will be containing discarded classic comics, drawn in Kirby/Romita style (that's why I feel I need a second artist, but if someone is capable of doing both, all the better!) featuring the characters of the novel on their covers.

Because I am self-publishing through Amazon/BN/Smashwords/etc., I cannot pay a dime at this time but would be willing to enter into any reasonable contract that infers percentage payment-after-publication.

Please drop me a line, and maybe examples/a site link here.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:06:21 AM by mikoroshi »
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
Re: Looking for TWO artists for a project.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 03:38:03 AM »
Nope, nobody?

Did I maybe not post in the right section? :\
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

avelworldcreator

• Elite Boss
  • Missing Worlds Media co-founder/senior developer.
    • Basketcase Software
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 08:21:37 AM »
Maybe too soon. Many of the artists here are focused on other projects. Plan Z in particular. I do know of a couple of professionals though.
Missing World Media primary co-founder, senior developer, UI/UX acting lead, and software toolsmith.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 09:41:38 AM »
Maybe too soon. Many of the artists here are focused on other projects. Plan Z in particular. I do know of a couple of professionals though.

I somehow hadn't thought of that.  Oral surgery is a hell of a thing.

Since my book is still in first-draft stage, I've got a whiles to go before I *need* a cover, but I'd love to have it done.

avelworldcreator

• Elite Boss
  • Missing Worlds Media co-founder/senior developer.
    • Basketcase Software
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 06:35:48 PM »
I somehow hadn't thought of that.  Oral surgery is a hell of a thing.

Since my book is still in first-draft stage, I've got a whiles to go before I *need* a cover, but I'd love to have it done.

I'm not a comic artist. I mostly do backgrounds. I'm part of Plan Z right now, but when I have the time I might be able to help where I can.
Missing World Media primary co-founder, senior developer, UI/UX acting lead, and software toolsmith.