Author Topic: I need to take Pics of my Toons.. never done it before.. help please  (Read 1182 times)

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
whats the best way to do this.. I am somewhat computer illiterate but I want to be able to look at my toons for posterity ( and prayerfully eventual salvation )

I am frantically updating all mids builds etc etc and realized just now I have never taken a picture of any of my creations..

Help is appreciated.. Thank You..

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
Re: I need to take Pics of my Toons.. never done it before.. help please
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 11:20:11 PM »
If you hold down your middle mouse button, you can rotate the camera freely around your toon without changing their facing.  You can use this to position the camera where you like for screenshots.

In your Options -> Keymappings menu, you can bind keys to "Screenshot (JPEG)" and "Screenshot (TGA)".  Pressing these keys allows you to take JPEG or TGA screenshots, respectively.

Bind a key to "Disable UI" if you want to remove the user interface (your trays, nav compass, target window, chat, etc.) before you take the screenshot.

Screenshots will be saved in the City of Heroes folder, or the CoHBeta folder if you're playing on Beta server.

Synodontis

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 03:26:31 AM »
Something I didn't realize at first.  Had to go to Help channel to find out.  To take screenshots, you need to go to "Options" and "Graphics" and turn on "Windowed" for your graphics options.  Then you can take screenshots by pressing shift + prt sc.

That is how you can take screenshots.  I have to add, though, I could never get Titan Sentinal / Extractor to work for me.  Is there any trick to it?

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 07:53:46 AM »
Where do you get stuck Synodontis? I have used both live & beta versions happy to help you.

Synodontis

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »
No matter what I do, Titan Sentinel's little window always says "Online Tracking is disabled." Also, I downloaded Extractor but couldn't find the program anywhere on my computer.  I'm not that great with computers :(