Author Topic: The end of Virtue  (Read 1556 times)

cforciea

• Underling
The end of Virtue
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:28:41 PM »
Here's a screenshot seconds before the closing of Virtue. Yes, it's nearly empty. We overloaded the servers and brought them crashing to their knees for the fourth of fifth time of the night just minutes before sunset, and I just barely made it back in before the world went dark.

I think that was the best statement we could have made yesterday evening. There was no grand protest at city hall, no get major dance party at pocket D, no true concentration of players in any one spot. There was just a server-crippling number of people logging in to find a personal place to make a final farewall.

I would have liked to finish that last incarnate trial, but we got our last ITF done earlier in the evening. And besides, what how many other MMOs do you figure had server-crashing overpopulation issues on they day they got shut down?

Nafaustu

• Boss
Re: The end of Virtue
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 06:15:02 PM »
I wondered that same thing.   I wish there was a way those numbers could have been tracked.  Do you think the Mouse was watching?

Lydiastar

• Minion
  • @Syntaxically on twitter
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 08:02:03 PM »
I wondered that same thing.   I wish there was a way those numbers could have been tracked.  Do you think the Mouse was watching?

I think a lot of people were watching. people were watching massively on twitch who didn't even play, but who came to pay their respects.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »
server-crashing overpopulation issues on they day they got shut down

I love that phrase. That's us in a nutshell... we didn't leave, they had to kick us out. And to the last second we fought it.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 10:07:52 PM »
You guys on Virtue are awesome. :) My home server was Victory but I am proud that Virtue (and Freedom) were red. I feel bad a lot of you were stuck in cue (that was my biggest fear, I'd DC and that'd be it)--but I think that speaks for itself. And I whole heartedly agree. We all went down fighting to be on the game we loved, and we weren't leaving. I bristled at the "ten minute" and "five minute" warning. It was like 'Excuse me, where do you think we're going? We know the time--we know the end is here--but we're not going'. I'm hoping NCSoft took notice.