Author Topic: Call to Action! Team Wildcard needs YOU! TF Hail Mary LFM  (Read 177282 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: Call to Action! Team Wildcard needs YOU! TF Hail Mary LFM
« Reply #440 on: December 16, 2012, 04:07:22 AM »
The general consensus is that the NCSoft Western Reorganization is of interest only to us in that it won't make buying the IP harder and might make it easier.

Other than that, we are waiting on Disney to open one ponderous eye and notice us.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Sleepy Wonder

• Boss
  • MWM: Programmer, UI Designer, Bases
« Reply #441 on: December 16, 2012, 02:03:26 PM »
The general consensus is that the NCSoft Western Reorganization is of interest only to us in that it won't make buying the IP harder and might make it easier.

Other than that, we are waiting on Disney to open one ponderous eye and notice us.

I still find it strange. Don't they already have offices in the US? What exactly is there plan?

Re-build this Western office under the guise of a new company with new management and it will magically solve their problems?

The only way I see this being positive for them is if they staff it with American workers who understand American (and European) culture, and allow them complete control of their "division" provided they are making profits.

This is what they should have always have had done to begin with, instead of what appears to have been a strict Korean management team here or overseas constantly micromanaging the decisions. This is hinted at in those glassglow reviews of NCSoft to some degree I think.

I hope if such a process works out for them, that any new games managed by this new company don't suffer the same fate as CoH did many years from now.

At least, to some degree, it seems they at least understand there is a serious disconnect between the Western markets and Korean markets, and that if they have any hope whatsoever of doing business here in the future, they quit trying to impose what works in Korea to what works here (which it doesnt).

But how, VV, do you think this would help us? I don't imagine that NCSoft would hand over control of the dead IP to this new subsidiary purely on the basis it is a "Western market IP". I find it hard to think even if they did, that they would allow it to be sold. Or would that be just the thing they would do? It makes business sense to me, but given that this is NCSoft we're talking about.. and everything thats going on, well, NCSoft is still a bright colored of stupid in my book.

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #442 on: December 16, 2012, 03:50:55 PM »

Disney is underneath Sharkhead Island?  Who knew?   ;D
Beware the mighty faceplant!

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #443 on: December 16, 2012, 05:22:32 PM »
Following up on my earlier comment about the CoH TCG template. Im just about done with making one but I don't have/can't find any decent quality AT logos, so the only only one I have is the scrapper logo (The original card was Ms. Liberty). So if someone could direct me to some good pictured of those logos, I would appreciate it.

Following up on my follow-up, I finally got around to actually creating a template and I posted it on DeviantArt http://fav.me/d5ob6dy
Not the best photoshop job but I'm sure anyone who uses this will create something amazing.
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #444 on: December 17, 2012, 02:12:40 AM »
I still find it strange. Don't they already have offices in the US? What exactly is there plan?

Re-build this Western office under the guise of a new company with new management and it will magically solve their problems?

The only way I see this being positive for them is if they staff it with American workers who understand American (and European) culture, and allow them complete control of their "division" provided they are making profits.

This is what they should have always have had done to begin with, instead of what appears to have been a strict Korean management team here or overseas constantly micromanaging the decisions. This is hinted at in those glassglow reviews of NCSoft to some degree I think.

I hope if such a process works out for them, that any new games managed by this new company don't suffer the same fate as CoH did many years from now.

At least, to some degree, it seems they at least understand there is a serious disconnect between the Western markets and Korean markets, and that if they have any hope whatsoever of doing business here in the future, they quit trying to impose what works in Korea to what works here (which it doesnt).

But how, VV, do you think this would help us? I don't imagine that NCSoft would hand over control of the dead IP to this new subsidiary purely on the basis it is a "Western market IP". I find it hard to think even if they did, that they would allow it to be sold. Or would that be just the thing they would do? It makes business sense to me, but given that this is NCSoft we're talking about.. and everything thats going on, well, NCSoft is still a bright colored of stupid in my book.

As part of the "reorganization" notice, they seemed to amend their position from "all options have been exhausted" to "no decision has been made regarding selling City of Heroes."  I am cautiously reading that as positive. 

As for the rest...there are a couple of things you could read into this.  "Stock is dropping like the Hidenburg!  Quick!  Announce a reorganization!"  Or  "Let's put another layer of protection between us and Them."  Or  "This is a great way to hide something."  Speculation possibilities are endless.  The bottom line is, we still don't know.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #445 on: December 18, 2012, 10:01:44 PM »
I'd forgotten until I was cleaning the desk, but the stamps that I'd bought for Christmas cards were forever stamps that had one of "Justice," "Equality," "Freedom," and "Liberty" on each stamp with "Forever" below it. Each of the Christmas cards I sent to the Disney contacts got a "Freedom Forever" stamp. I know it's, at best, only going to be some secretary or assistant who sees it, if it isn't done by a machine, but it was cool to me. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

nyhm

• Underling
« Reply #446 on: December 21, 2012, 03:30:06 AM »
my friend told me about this site and after looking through this i decided to jump in here. I juust posted this in another thread:

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7444.0.html

Also, while it is admirable to try and get a hold of John Pleasants, he is only the CO-President of Disney Interacftive Media Group. He runs the Video Games/Mobile side of the business known as Disney Interactive. The head of Production is Bill Roper, he reports to Pleasants. If you want a shot at them, you should try Roper first.

BUT, who the correct person to contact is Jimmy Pitaro, he is the other CO-President, runs the Online business, including Online Games,which are web based and facebook based games.

Pitaro and PLeasants are both based in Palo Alto, but you have to use the main corporate mail address (which you have) to get through them.

PS,
I know this because I worked at Disney Interactive until a couple of months ago.  Good Luck.

Also, keep in mind that it is VERY hard to get Disney to open unsolicited mail. Most fo the time its their admins who open them. If its unsolicited stuff, they tend to throw them away. I dont mean to rain on any parade. I wish you guys a lot fo luck. I want my game back!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #447 on: December 21, 2012, 03:47:17 AM »
my friend told me about this site and after looking through this i decided to jump in here. I juust posted this in another thread:

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7444.0.html

Also, while it is admirable to try and get a hold of John Pleasants, he is only the CO-President of Disney Interacftive Media Group. He runs the Video Games/Mobile side of the business known as Disney Interactive. The head of Production is Bill Roper, he reports to Pleasants. If you want a shot at them, you should try Roper first.

BUT, who the correct person to contact is Jimmy Pitaro, he is the other CO-President, runs the Online business, including Online Games,which are web based and facebook based games.

Pitaro and PLeasants are both based in Palo Alto, but you have to use the main corporate mail address (which you have) to get through them.

PS,
I know this because I worked at Disney Interactive until a couple of months ago.  Good Luck.

Also, keep in mind that it is VERY hard to get Disney to open unsolicited mail. Most fo the time its their admins who open them. If its unsolicited stuff, they tend to throw them away. I dont mean to rain on any parade. I wish you guys a lot fo luck. I want my game back!

Do Roper and Pitaro have authority to look at acquiring games?  If not, we will have to stick to Pleasants.  If so, I can print up another pair of the pitches and send it to them.

nyhm

• Underling
« Reply #448 on: December 21, 2012, 03:59:27 AM »
Pitaro and Pleasants  would be your people. However they cant acquire them without Iger. He is the CEO. But my point earlier is that you are going to the wrong person if you are sending this to Pleasants ONLY. He deals with Video Games. IN Disney's setup, thats Console games that also can be played on PC, and iOS/Android. NOT online games such as MMOs.

Pitaro deals with ONLINE games. I know its confusing. But thats how they are setup. Anything dealing with ONLINE goes through him.

Pitaro and PLeasants dont "talk" to each other in the sense that if you sent something to pleasants, and thought "oh this is online stuff" he wont give it to Pitaro.

I dont see the harm if you are sending it to Pleasants, they may be changing their strategy to include MMOs. i dunno.

Good Luck.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #449 on: December 21, 2012, 04:28:04 AM »
So I only need to print up one more packet and overnight it to Pitaro.  Easy peasy.  Thanks for the heads-up!  I went with Iger and Pleasants for the initial presentation, with two to Pleasants, one at his Palo Alto office and one to the Bueno Vista office.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #450 on: December 22, 2012, 06:43:06 AM »
My daughter and I will send some stuff out to Pitaro this weekend. Glad I made an extra copy of her letter, although now that it's been a few weeks, I might convince her to write a new one.

Riff

• Lieutenant
« Reply #451 on: December 26, 2012, 01:00:33 AM »
No.

No temper tantrums, no name calling, no assumption of privilege because you have the title "Project Coordinator" under your name is going to get what you want.

No threatening to withhold your letter is going to get what you want.

No.

What part of that are you having trouble comprehending?

We are dealing with a multi BILLION dollar company.  So far all we know about YOU, Riff, is that you have a title under your name on the Titan Boards.  I don't know how you got that title.  I don't know what you do.  I don't know if you are trustworthy.  I don't know if you are going to go straight to someone else with the pitch and use it there while we are, at the same time, trying to interest Disney.  Trust goes both ways, and so far, you have shown yourself to be monumentally untrustworthy. 

So.

No.

Ok at the risk of diverting this thread (yet again) I just wanted to try and draw a line under this a little bit.

I want to publicly hold my hands up and say calling bullshit was the wrong term to use and I wholeheartedly appologise for that.

I have had written to Victoria personally to appologise too, and given her some greater insight into my resonse, and reasons for it which I think she's accepted. I am not trying to obfuscate or hinder this effort and in conversation with her I have a better understanding of her reticence in sharing which I duly accept.

I hope I'm not the bad guy here. We're all on the same side, ultimately - and I guess some of us can be a bit prone to sounding shrill because we're still coming to terms with the loss.

I hope I still have some part to play on this team and I want to remain part of delivering some kind of positive outcome here.

Cheers and thanks for reading.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #452 on: December 26, 2012, 01:24:54 AM »
This is the first salvo in what I am HOPING will not be a long campaign, but in what we are planning to be a campaign that takes as long as it takes.

I should get more information from Larry's high-level contact at Google Ventures about whether or not Google Play might be interested, and who to contact.  He didn't immediately shoot the idea down, so that's a plus.  He's going to get back to us about the second week in January.

Sleepy Wonder

• Boss
  • MWM: Programmer, UI Designer, Bases
« Reply #453 on: December 26, 2012, 08:22:16 PM »
This is the first salvo in what I am HOPING will not be a long campaign, but in what we are planning to be a campaign that takes as long as it takes.

I should get more information from Larry's high-level contact at Google Ventures about whether or not Google Play might be interested, and who to contact.  He didn't immediately shoot the idea down, so that's a plus.  He's going to get back to us about the second week in January.

Does this mean Disney isn't interested or you haven't heard anything yet? Also, did you manage to overnight the pitch as mentioned earlier?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #454 on: December 27, 2012, 03:03:59 AM »
Does this mean Disney isn't interested or you haven't heard anything yet? Also, did you manage to overnight the pitch as mentioned earlier?

Have not heard anything yet, but this is the middle of holidays.  At Disney, there are two things happening: the CEOs and white collar workers are mostly on vacation.  The people in charge of the parks and movie business are working insanely.  We don't expect to hear anything until after the new year.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #455 on: December 29, 2012, 01:30:47 PM »
I am back! I had the flu over Christmas. But I'm sorta-mostly back now!
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #456 on: December 31, 2012, 01:24:50 PM »
For those of you with Twitter accounts, about 20 hours ago Disney threw out the question: "What would your wish upon a star be?"

Certainly wouldn't hurt to get as many "Save/bring back City of Heroes" replies to that as possible.

https://twitter.com/search?q=what%20would%20your%20wish%20upon%20a%20star%20be%3F&src=typd

Quinch

« Reply #457 on: December 31, 2012, 04:32:21 PM »
Done.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #458 on: December 31, 2012, 04:39:07 PM »
Mine was done yesterday right after Disney tweeted it. I think it's wise to follow them on twitter if you do twitter. They aren't spammy and often tweet things that can be responded to with "I wish Disney would save CoH" or some variation.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #459 on: January 01, 2013, 01:23:51 AM »
Good catch, guys!

Can you link TimEnchanter's Christmas Wish vid too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3S-3LObdyM

It's perfect and hits right in the feels.