Author Topic: Call to Action! Team Wildcard needs YOU! TF Hail Mary LFM  (Read 177230 times)

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
Re: Call to Action! Team Wildcard needs YOU! TF Hail Mary LFM
« Reply #480 on: January 22, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »
Its been awfully quiet around these parts lately which doesn't do a whole lot for morale :(

Any word back from the Google connections VV had? And what of Disney? Has VV heard from Brian Clayton lately?

Any news would be welcome.
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #481 on: January 22, 2013, 02:49:06 PM »
Patience.  Things don't move as quick as a super speeder in the Real World of Multimillion Dollar Businesses.  Many layers to get through.

/Can't stand the silence either, but one must endure...

Surelle

« Reply #482 on: January 22, 2013, 03:25:09 PM »
Well, we are no worse off now or later even if nothing ever happens.  And don't forget the unsung heroes working on a compatible server.  Icon is already up and running, with even the NPC costume pieces unlocked.  I am just grateful that no one ever gave up with that.  Having unrealistic hopes can sometimes shroud the only real hope you have. 

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #483 on: January 22, 2013, 03:34:55 PM »
Business is slow to churn and even if we have a break-through it will be a couple of months to get the gamne rolling again.

I will pledge once we get this game back to spend my own money if needed to advertise and grow the playerbase.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #484 on: January 22, 2013, 03:44:48 PM »
Do y'all really think if we'd heard something we'd keep it from you? :)

When we know something, you will, too!
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #485 on: January 22, 2013, 11:58:52 PM »
I just got one of the Xmas cards I'd sent in back as undeliverable. Assuming the other's made it through. It would seem to me that Disney just started shifting through their Xmas mail a week or so ago (pure guess, that.)

Calamity1963

• Underling
« Reply #486 on: January 23, 2013, 02:42:52 AM »
I am so happy to know something is being done to try to save CoH!  My husband and I were paying members and would be happy to be again if it's possible. I will keep hoping and praying for it to happen and will be reading here to see what happens. Thanks for all your hard work!
Marie ;D

Quinch

« Reply #487 on: January 23, 2013, 02:58:43 AM »
Hey there! Glad to have you with us.

Holo Drolo

• Underling
« Reply #488 on: January 24, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »
Wow, what an incredible fan base this game has. City of heroes was my childhood game no older then 13 when I started and I played on and off for years. Now as an adult when I am settled and rooted and have money of my own the game has vanished and I am ready to do what I can to get it back up and running! Just sent a few letters to the addresses given but if I can do anything more I am ready and willing!

Save Paragon!!

Quinch

« Reply #489 on: January 25, 2013, 03:53:39 AM »
Aw man, that sucks. Doesn't help that CoH had been F2P for a while now, not that NCsoft bothered to advertise that fact by any measure.

Anyway, welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us.

tomborocks1

• Underling
« Reply #490 on: February 04, 2013, 10:06:53 PM »
Hi folks. Like everyone else who comes here, I have been in deep mourning since early December. I went by the handle Broadback on Guardian server but my altitus saw me fill up practically every server on COH.

I'm definitely a late comer by nature, but at least wanted to ask a question about the letter writing campaign. I came across the following link and was wondering if an email might have any impact:

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/contact-us

My brain is the relative size of a peanut so I figured before I took any action, I would at least ask the opinions of this passionate community of folks whom I admire so very much. If letter writing is the way to go, so be it. Maybe I'll even get my 9 year old girl to write in, too, considering she grew up with Disney princesses, as well as with COH.

Thank you very much for your input.

BB

Quinch

« Reply #491 on: February 05, 2013, 03:55:02 AM »
Hi there, welcome to the forums! Gotta run to work so I'll give you the tl;dr version - if you can't send a physical letter, then the contact form might be a good thing to go with. If you can send an actual handwritten letter, that's a lot better, because it implies that CoH is important enough to you to go the more inconvenient but more effective route instead.

tomborocks1

• Underling
« Reply #492 on: February 05, 2013, 09:04:29 PM »
Thank you very much. I really want to do both, but didn't want to take any action with the email without consulting those spearheading the effort. I didn't know if it was an action which would have been frowned upon.

Thanks again. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #493 on: February 06, 2013, 05:04:15 PM »
Nothing is frowned upon - except admitting defeat.

Day: [to Bluto] Let it go. War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: [to Boon] Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
[thinks hard of something to say]
Bluto: The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
[Bluto runs out, alone; then returns]
Bluto: What happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

*editted to be somewhat family friendly :)

DAvino1982

• Underling
« Reply #494 on: February 09, 2013, 08:38:40 AM »
I have been really depressed since the shutdown of CoH, and I'm pretty f***ing tired of it, I'm not going to sit aside and cheer anymore, I'm writing to Disney. I'm posting my letter so that I can get some input on any changes they the community might suggest before I send it off, as well as boost morale for our cause. So here it is...

Dear Robert A. Iger

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Daniel Avino and I am writing you in support of the SaveCoH community. As I'm sure you are well aware, the Korean based company NCSoft has shut down the MMO game City of Heroes and it's devopment studio Paragon Studios and has created a massive uproar of fans. Much of the community has taken up the task to fight for the game they love, and like myself, many other players of City of Heroes have no interest in other MMO games, they just don't appeal to us like City of Heroes. Since it's release City of Heroes has dominated the Super Hero MMO genre for the 8 years it was running, both Champions Online and DC Universe Online are not nearly as succesful as City of Heroes despite new technology in graphics and ideas. When the game was shut down, it was still making a profit, and according to some, making more money since it's Free to Play release. As a standard in the MMO community, a subscription is usually $15 each month, and as a VIP subscriber, I was not only paying $15 per month for VIP content, but was purchasing the majority of  additional content such as new costumes and powers which Paragon Studios were creating on a regular basis. I was spending at least $250 each year playing City of Heroes and have been a regular player since 2006, I am certain most of the player base was spending a comparable amount of money, I was always running into player who had costumes and powers only available through additional purchase, and playing VIP content that only paid subscribers could access. I believe purchasing City of Heroes can not only be very profitable for Disney, I am sure it will also improve their image in the gaming community in general, while also giving them their first step into the MMO industry with a game that was not only successful, but dominating the Super Hero MMO genre which was only shut down because NCSoft wanted it so despite the wishes of not only the City of Hero players, but the entire MMO community in general. NCSofts shutdown of City of Heroes has caused their stocks to plumit and further tarnished their image. Their investers have questioned their judgment and even the Korean times are baffled at how their decision was supposedly good for their company, and their mistake created a rare oppurtunity for Disney to correct. May I also remind you that NCSoft bought City of Heroes from it's developer Cryptic Studios and once it was purchased, NCSoft seemed to have no intentions on promoting the game further. Despite the lack of promotion, which didn't seem to exist at all, City of Heroes still thrived and dominated any competetors within it's own MMO genre, and with Disney's experience and active promotion of the game, the players can return to the game they love, as well as bring in new players to tryout what new ideas and content Disney can provide for the community. The players of City of Heroes love our game, it has brought together families, as children and their parents have played and become closer together, people have met their spouses through the game, to the City of Heroes community, this is not just a game, it is much more. Disney has the money, resources, and influence to gain NCSoft's attention and deflate their misplaced ego. They are the only ones who are interested in watching our game die and the City of Heroes community refuse to let something so important to them be snuffed out without a fight, and we intend to give them a fight the likes which they have never seen. We are many but are still fighing a large corporation and need aid, the fans of  City of Heroes can keep up the fight for a long time to come, but Disney can end the fight and gain the respect of an entire community and the MMO industry, all while extending Disney's place among a new industry and taking it in directions that they have yet to explore, and with a game that well equipped for the journey.

Please give me your feedback and let me know if anything needs to be changed or addressed, let us not give up hope, BANZAI!!!

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #495 on: February 12, 2013, 07:38:02 AM »
That is AWESOME as is...kudos
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

PsychicG

• Minion
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #496 on: February 12, 2013, 07:39:04 AM »
That looks pretty perfect IMO DAvino. I just wanted to point out Disney did step into the MMO world with an attempted game; ToonTown a few years ago which fizzled(targeted to kids under 10). Just wanted to point that out so you'd know of it. Whether they'd be insulted to be told they'd never tried an MMO,  or what you'd want to rephrase I don't know, but you can come up with it if you haven't sent it in yet :) . They probably wouldn't be too hurt anyway, toontown was never really a name in the MMO world.

Even though it was done way back in december I'd like to remind the new posters of the existence of Titan's Icon app. If you still have CoH installed it launches your game and bypasses the login, server, and character select screens taking you straight into the official game's costumedesigner, where you can load costumes and powercustomization(or make new costumes), and blast off a few powers on that customize page for old times sake  ;D . I was so happy when I stumbled upon it a couple weeks ago. (I'm also going to get around to figuring out how to change the backdrop of the powercust screen, so I can take screenshots that look like they were taken IN the game, of course I'll bring it up again if/when I finally put the time into it  :) )

-PG

Quinch

« Reply #497 on: February 12, 2013, 03:47:34 PM »
It bears mentioning that it's still fizzling, in fact. This is one of the hooks for the Disney pitch - they're already dipping their toes into the MMO market, and CoH is a proven earner.

TheCuriousOne

• Underling
« Reply #498 on: February 27, 2013, 01:27:23 AM »
Just wanted to add my two cents. (After all, there's not much call for them in Canada anymore  ;). ) I had a strange relationship to CoX - I first purchased City of Villains, but had to give my copy to a friend upon discovering my net connection wasn't up to snuff. I loved the setting, and the character creator though, and to show my support for the franchise, I purchased a few of the Superpacks once in a while. I only really started to play once Going Rogue hit and I discovered the wonders of a cable connection. Throughout it all, I have been astounded by the community of the game; the level of comraderie and interaction is/was leagues above the competition. So, for what its worth, I'm cheering you guys on with all I've got. Here's hoping that others can see what made this game unique - I'll be sending a letter to Disney straightaway. With any luck it will make its' way past their (no doubt) extensive spam filtering!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #499 on: March 09, 2013, 04:00:53 PM »
Welcome to all the fans just now posting!  It's really good to see you guys taking part here on Titan Network forums!

/em holdtorch and doing my best to uphold the dictum to *Be Fabulous*    8)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine