Author Topic: Paragon, a Thanksgiving Tragedy  (Read 1714 times)

Black Mercenary

• Underling
Paragon, a Thanksgiving Tragedy
« on: November 20, 2012, 12:31:13 PM »
This is just a little parody story for amusement and tribute.

There was once a great, majestic turkey named Paragon. Paragon was adored by most people who met him, and loved to come visit him. Paragon lived with his master, Jack, who didn't really understand how to take care of him. So, Jack took Paragon to the zoo of NCsoft so that he would be in better hands. NCsoft accepted and even hired some people to take care of Paragon. The people rejoiced and many flocked to see their feathered friend in his new home.  Jack, seeing how happy Paragon was without him, became a little jealous and decided to raise another turkey named Millennium. Not as many people liked the new turkey as they liked Paragon. While Millennium was a brightly colored and robust bird, Paragon had a special charm that brought people together and caused a somewhat sound sense of harmony.

Other birds came and went, but Paragon only transferred to new and better habitats in the zoo. He lived to be about eight years old, with quite a few people still adoring him and visiting often. A few people said that Paragon was an old bird and should, or might, have a son so that his legacy could catch up with other animals in other zoos. A lot of people said that Paragon was just fine. NCsoft, however, despised the success that Paragon had. They wanted people to stop paying attention to the animals that came from Paragon's part of the world. Unknown to most, they had already butchered other animals, such as Exteel the puppy and Tabula Rasa the chimpanzee. Their new friend, Nexon, who also tended to like animals from NCsoft's home, gave NCsoft the courage for the dastardly deed the declared to commit. Several days after Paragon and his friends celebrated a nice new prop in his display, NCsoft stood in front of the people and declared that Paragon was a dead bird walking. They exiled the ones who took care of the lovable turkey and announced that on the 30th of November, Paragon would be put down. To add insult to injury, instead of using the remains of Paragon to feed people, NCsoft would let the carcass rot in its crumbling home.

The people were in uproar. They demanded justice for Paragon, the turkey who had brought them all together and knit them so close. They quickly formed a protest and charity fund to save their friend. There was even a dinner and much support given to the old caretakers of Paragon. NCsoft, stunned by the outcry of people, tried to defend himself by announcing that he had tried to find ways to save Paragon and nothing had worked. Nobody believed his lies, so NCsoft retreated into their cabin to wait for the 30th. People tried to negotiate and talk some sense into NCsoft, but they were met with denial and thinly-veiled slander.

And so, after Paragon and his friends had a great Thanksgiving feast, the 30th came. Out from his cabin, NCsoft came with a wicked grin and an ax nammed "Contempt", and written on its handle was Greed. With one, clean swipe, Paragon was no more. The people who stood there to watch, cried out in agony and desire for revenge while NCsoft mocked them. They had won this battle. And so ends the story of Paragon, the beautiful bird who caused people to come together in friendship and somewhat stable brotherhood. People honored his memory well, and though NCsoft had won the battle, the war was far from over. But that's another story..

The end.

..We'll miss you, City of Heroes.   :'(

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
Re: Paragon, a Thanksgiving Tragedy
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:55:42 PM »
Very nice and eloquently put. This is something that should be circulated around like the memes.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 10:31:10 PM »
yes, meme worthy for sure.

Black Mercenary

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 03:17:31 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. We may be losing it in the near future, but today we can be thankful for all those eight years City of Heroes gave us, and for each other for helping out in the fight to save City of Heroes.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 04:21:42 PM »
For me Thanksgiving is not a tragedy for CoH because the holiday is giving me time to play.  ;D I got my tank to 50, and my WS to 40 so far. Never had a 50 for those ATs. Happy Thanksgiving guys!

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »
Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.

I am so thankful for so many things...it would take more than a lifetime to list them all. I am the richest person I know, though I don't have much money. And I am thankful to all the wonderful people I have met in The City. Thank you all for being in my life.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 09:54:20 PM »
But little did NCsoft know underneath the feathers of a small hen was an egg nicknamed Plan Z.  This egg holding the spark of the son of Paragon was guarded by a brave team lead by Tony V!
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!