Author Topic: Trying to build a non dying character  (Read 3926 times)

Thazager

• Minion
Trying to build a non dying character
« on: November 08, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »
I have been playing on and off for about 3 yrs, currently unemployed so cant pay for VIP. Using my old VIP account I am now premium.

I have been trying to get a character upto level 50 going through missions and not AE farming or being PLed. The trick is doing it without falling in battle. My highest so far has been a level 44 brute, using broadsword/willpower. I have had a few controllers get to 30s before going down, using mindpowers and kinetics. I had a stalker make it to 38 before being killed by Shadow of Envoy (elite boss), using ninja sword and ninja defense. My characters can all solo elite bosses in 1 way or another.

My biggest problem is when I join a team, I usually get killed from the mass mobs, so I generally solo. Has anyone been able to get to 50 without dying in battle (needing a wake up inspr, a res, or a hospital visit) and not being PLed by someone else, or in a farming mission? I was wondering which build is able to do it, while being a free type player.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Trying to build a non dying character
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 12:01:20 AM »
Anyone can do it, you just need to be more careful, and know your limits vs what kind of enemies you can face safely.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Thazager

• Minion
Re: Trying to build a non dying character
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:38:04 AM »
True, in that way always fighting lower level mobs and never taking on the big tough ones one can slowly get there. Though I am hoping for one that is able to face the tough mobs also. I try to stick to mobs that are in missions, even though some missions require street fighting for a number of mobs.

Another reason why I started trying is because I would get disconnections from time to time. I would log back in and find my character falling dead at the mission door. I tried making one to survive such uncertain service by the provider (DSL here). Only 1 time did I log back in and see my character was still in auto attack mode and still standing amongst the 6 mobs (1 level lower).