Author Topic: Atlas Park in Minecraft?  (Read 4249 times)

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
Atlas Park in Minecraft?
« on: November 04, 2012, 11:03:39 PM »
So I finally started playing Minecraft and wonder if we could use the multi-player massive builder world to created an Atlas Park?
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

malonkey1

• Elite Boss
  • A person who does stuff.
Re: Atlas Park in Minecraft?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 12:09:15 AM »
Probably. It'd take a loooooong time.
BadWolf: "The point that JaguarX is trying to make, of course, is that City of Heroes is like a tree. And Google is like a Toyota...Corolla...? Which would make NCSoft a trespasser, shot by...um, Mister T...which is good, because diplomacy...?"

The internet is full of Comedy Gold.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 12:22:15 AM »
You could do it with enough reference material, particularly reference material that shows each building from multiple angles, with a specific scale for size perspective.

A not-to-scale mockup of the city would be even easier, especially if it's just a limited area, like just Atlas Plaza & City Hall, and not the whole of the Atlas Park zone.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 02:00:24 AM »
I'm thinking of just City Hall and the Atlas Park Proper. 
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

redgiant

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 11:14:04 PM »
If any effort was going to be put into constructing a cityscape like CoH, I'd personally rather wait for something like StarForge which does the Minecraft world-building thing with normal-looking resolution and scale (not blocks).

They use PhysX, even applying structural stresses to buildings you build. Even though they are still trying different things out in very early builds it is clear they have talent and can make somethign good happen.

It's an indie project but they are pretty dedicated and have real progress to show already which they used to get over 500k crowd funding at Indiegogo.

CatMan

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 03:45:57 AM »
The minecraft forums on Curse had a high light on someone who has re-created WoW in Minecraft.   Apparently they wrote a program that would render WoW's areas into a format that could be viewed in Minecraft. 

CapaDevans

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 04:44:45 PM »
Well, we have the walk through demo files ...