Author Topic: Just curious... can you lose a Yellow Title by copying to Beta?  (Read 1487 times)

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
Just curious... can you lose a Yellow Title by copying to Beta?
« on: November 09, 2012, 01:38:15 PM »
My "Paragon Backer" title has vanished. I'm perfectly willing to foam at the mouth and spout out tinfoil-hat theories, but I thought first I'd consider more... reality-based possibilities.

The only thing I can think of is that I've copied C.C. to Beta since I got the title... but I was under the impression that copying a character to Beta had no effect on the original toon. If this is the problem, could the process strip away other things like badges or temp powers? If so, I'd think we'd have heard about it long before now.

It's not an account issue... my MFing Warshade still has his title. Then again, he's not as openly associated with a vocal member of the "Save CoH" movement or a member of the Z-Team and... AAHHH NO! I SAID NO CONSPIRACY THEORIES! Well... at least not yet.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any insight on this. I won't lose sleep over it, but I took pride in the title and was looking forward to sporting it right up to 3 a.m. on December 1.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
Re: Just curious... can you lose a Yellow Title by copying to Beta?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 01:41:09 PM »
I thought custom titles only lasted a limited amount of time, but I might be wrong...
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 01:53:09 PM »
Copying to beta shouldn't affect it. It's just a column in the database. Come to think of it, it would probably copy to beta WITH your character.

Now, yellow titles DO typically have expiration dates set when they're handed out. It's possible that your warshade got it applied at a different time, or even by a different person who didn't use the same date. I'd wait to see if anyone else who got it around the same time you did is missing theirs as well.

I really doubt that anyone is taking vindictive action on the servers. From my understanding, only a few people still have any kind of admin access to them, and those that do are part of the sunset team whose job is simply to keep them up and running for the next few weeks, no more or less. It's just a couple folks in the Austin datacenter.

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 03:00:01 PM »
I thought custom titles only lasted a limited amount of time, but I might be wrong...

Yeah, Hit Streak said he & Black Pebble set them for 90 days, starting sometime shortly after Aug. 31, so they should last until shutdown.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 04:06:22 PM »
Besides, a toon copied to Beta doesn't affect the live toon it was copied from in any way, so unless there's a bug with the system, your title should be safe on the Live toon, even if the Beta toon somehow lost it (which it shouldn't, but stranger things have happened on Beta.)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 04:21:39 PM »
stranger things have happened on Beta.
What happens on Beta stays on Beta.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov