Author Topic: NCsoft News Picks  (Read 1907 times)

Johnny Joy Bringer

• Minion
  • AP 33 /e holdtorch
NCsoft News Picks
« on: November 09, 2012, 03:37:18 AM »
I would like to propose that was keep track of NC Soft news articles, and articles about their games here. This will be a resource for people to easily find, read, and hopefully comment on those articles. This will make our story stick to NC Soft like glue for as long as they own COH/COV.

If you comment on an article, please be  polite and patient with people who might not understand our position. There have been many game closures. This one is entirely different. Think about why and then try to explain it. Do not react to the frustrations of others. Our message is a positive one and one others will be attracted to.

Also, tell the truth. I know that goes without saying here, but I just wanted to put that out there.

Please post any and all article links concerning NC Soft, COH games, and other NC Soft games.

Thanks to everyone. I am proud every day I play COH, when I know I'm playing with people like you.

PS: Tell me if my idea is stupid or could be refined.

[EDIT: Renamed thread...Call to Action is an official term, so please use it sparingly ~Agge]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:16:52 AM by Aggelakis »

Johnny Joy Bringer

• Minion
  • AP 33 /e holdtorch
NCSoft Profits For 3Q 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 03:40:49 AM »
"Bit of a snoozer if you're here for the video games, but NCSoft has done quite well this quarter, with Guild Wars 2 and Blade and Soul bringing in the highest amount of revenue for the company in North America and Korea, respectively. The company's profits from Korea were initially its main income, but (noting the first chart on the left) the giant red chunk has brought up their sales by a huge margin in NA, which previously brought them very little. This will hopefully mean good things for the company in the future, which keeps Guild Wars 2 afloat for us all."

This articles seems a little rosy on the financials. FB comments allowed.

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=31034

Quinch

Re: Call to Action: News Picks
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 03:49:04 AM »
Added a comment about their stock price trends and mentioning the correlation between the rally and the point where their stocks started taking a dive.

Clave Dark 5

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 04:32:41 AM »
This will make our story stick to NC Soft like glue for as long as they own COH/COV.

This is a great idea.
"What you say is rather profound, and probably erroneous." - Joseph Conrad

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 04:50:05 AM »
This is exactly what is needed!  *Cheers!* 
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 05:00:51 AM »
I actually have "Google News" sending me alerts any time "city of heroes" turns up in a news piece. So far, I've gotten a Romney stump speech, several articles that are actually about something else but the author mentions CoH for some reason, and articles that others have already posted in the "CTA: Thank the Media" thread by the time I can get to a place where I can read them. In the OP of the CTA thread is a link to a Google doc listing the majority of the articles that popped up on the first month or so, tho.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 09:14:36 AM »
I actually have "Google News" sending me alerts any time "city of heroes" turns up in a news piece. So far, I've gotten a Romney stump speech, several articles that are actually about something else but the author mentions CoH for some reason, and articles that others have already posted in the "CTA: Thank the Media" thread by the time I can get to a place where I can read them. In the OP of the CTA thread is a link to a Google doc listing the majority of the articles that popped up on the first month or so, tho.
Indeed, such a thing already exists at least in part.  I wasn't sure where it was however.