Author Topic: Call to action: we need a call to action!  (Read 3000 times)

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
Call to action: we need a call to action!
« on: October 23, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »
I feel bereft and useless without instructions to follow! What can I do that's useful?!
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
Re: Call to action: we need a call to action!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 01:00:53 PM »
I feel bereft and useless without instructions to follow! What can I do that's useful?!
I know the feeling, things seem... slow, lately.
I think it's mostly because of the 1 November wait... =/

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 01:15:55 PM »
There is the list of upcoming cons at which word might be spread. Pick one and organize a cosplay event with /em holdtorch and punchier, flyer versions of some of our various articles that've been made outlining the situation?

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 01:28:50 PM »
Alas the next one taking place anywhere near me isn't until May next year. The UK doesn't really get the convention/cosplay thing :-/

I don't even have a comic shop within 30 miles of me. If it wasn't for the internet, I'd be a shriveled heap in a corner calling out for a Deadpool fix.
--
@Vandellia

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 02:10:40 PM »
Big hugs from across the big pond, Rae. Only thing I've been doing lately is continuing to participate in the chatter on Twitter and Facebook. I've been trying to come up with a new blog entry, and have a topic, just haven't been able to get the time/inclination to put the effort into it.

Must say I am enjoying watching NCSoft.In.The.Head's stock continued slide into oblivion. Can't say for certain that our efforts are really effecting that, but the timing does seem to bare it out.

Above all, if and when you can, keep logging in and playing. I know it's hard sometimes, and many people have stopped because of the emotional effects of the impending closure... I even was close to that a couple of weekends ago. Thing is, if we give up, if we stop playing, if we stop our efforts to save the game/emulate it/Plan Z, stop making noise... that is when we let NCSoft win.

And that is something we can't let happen.

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 02:58:02 PM »
Indeed Tom, after the flush of GW2, their stock has dropped right back to within 1% of the huge crash it suffered back in July following the Q2 2012 announcement of $6million losses. Are we in part responsible? Anything's possible... ;D

As for action rae, well, until the next big march on the trenches, there's always the odd potshot to keep their heads down and stop them getting complacent. I'd ask everyone to visit the MMOKiller picture site, look in the NCSoft the MMOKiller and Community Authored Images folders, then download and spread all those tasty meme pics to wherever they hang out on Tinterwebs. The more those images are seen, the more likely they are to stick in the web's collective consciousness.

And if people are feeling creative, why not also look in the Uncaptioned Panels folder for...well, uncaptioned images, and add your own corporate put down line in the classic 'Impact' font so beloved of meme imagery the world over?

I still have a few more ideas in mind, so hopefully I'll be adding even more pics to the site soon :)

Quinch

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 03:37:17 PM »
On that note, I have a couple of ideas for short {one one-panel, one four} comics - anyone around skilled with a pen and layouts?

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 05:03:53 PM »
On that note, I have a couple of ideas for short {one one-panel, one four} comics - anyone around skilled with a pen and layouts?
I might be able to help there - feel free to PM me the ideas and I'll see what I can do :)

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »
That means their Q3 reports should be up in 2 or 3 weeks.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 09:28:33 PM »
Okay, so, here's my idea. We get a rubber chicken, a gallon bucket of marmalade, two pints of Kilian's Irish Red, four eggs, a copy of Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone an--what? How will this help save City of Heroes? Uh...

* DrakeGrimm flees the thread
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 09:41:42 PM »
Okay, so, here's my idea. We get a rubber chicken, a gallon bucket of marmalade, two pints of Kilian's Irish Red, four eggs, a copy of Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone an--what? How will this help save City of Heroes? Uh...

I'm not doing your grocery shopping for you, dude.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 09:44:36 PM »
I'm not doing your grocery shopping for you, dude.

Curses. Foiled again. >.>
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 09:45:34 PM »
Curses. Foiled again. >.>
Look, we SAID we're not doing your grocery shopping for you. Get your own aluminum foil.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 10:55:28 PM »

Mr. MacGuyver, sir... you forgot the duct tape.

Oh, and... conspiracy theory time, regarding how long it's been since we had a major update: TonyV had a major breakthrough, but as a result, now has an NDA stapled to his mouth.  8)
I know it's not likely, but all of a sudden it hit me that if he (or others who were trying to contact NCsoft) DID accomplish even some small measure of progress, we'll never be able to know about it. Ah, the joys of corporate opacity.

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 11:44:28 PM »
Rae there IS something you can do.  You can contact one of the Forbidden Planet bookstores and ask if they will distribute flyers for SaveCoH for you (and me), then arrange for 500 or so to be delivered.  You'll get more traction if you tell them I asked you to do this for me (since they are now my UK publisher in the not-un-ironically named Titan Books division).  They can contact me via the email address they already have to confirm this.  Given that Forbidden Planet is HUGELY into comics, I think we can probably make this work.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 07:59:51 AM »
I'll see what I can do! :)
--
@Vandellia