Author Topic: Korean "Bagel Girls" article  (Read 1438 times)

Kosmos

• Lieutenant
Korean "Bagel Girls" article
« on: October 30, 2012, 05:30:50 AM »
I ran across this article and thought some here may be interested in it.

It explains Boobs & Shame to some degree.

Bust Magazine's South Korean Starlets Stuck with Offensive "Bagel Girl" Label

Anyone looking to foster bad press (English-speaking anyway; Korean would be better, but we seem to have a short supply Korean speakers) press for B&S and NCSoftcore might want to look at James Turnbull's sex and gender issues in Korean advertising blog. I thought about contacting him to write something on sexual stereotypes in Korean video games, but decided the more timely approach would be to try to get him to link to and comment on an existing article. And I don't have the time to write such an article in the near future.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:19:51 AM by Kosmos »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: Korean "Bagel Girls" article
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 07:57:12 AM »
How about this one, Kosmos?  http://gomakemeasandwich.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/blade-and-soul-youre-doing-it-wrong/  It's even Bits and Tits specific.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Kosmos

• Lieutenant
Re: Korean "Bagel Girls" article
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 09:35:06 AM »
I'd read that one before. I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me as an option. I'll definitely put together something asking him to take a look at that on Wed or Thu. Any others? I think I'll start with that creepy advertising image embedded in the contact letter and then link to the article with a brief description of it so it's not asking him to follow a blind link. Now where is that ad image again... here we go. I can link to that article too.