Author Topic: Voices  (Read 31123 times)

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
Re: Voices
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 12:43:03 AM »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:12:08 AM by Terwyn »
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 03:23:54 PM »
That was a most satisfying read. Well done!

Have you considered getting together with Rae and making any tweaks necessary to these interviews and essays to make them into articles that can be sent to and published by various gaming sites like Rae has done?

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 03:33:01 PM »

Terwyn

• Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 04:20:48 PM »
That was a most satisfying read. Well done!

Have you considered getting together with Rae and making any tweaks necessary to these interviews and essays to make them into articles that can be sent to and published by various gaming sites like Rae has done?

I am now. ^_^
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 04:56:19 PM »
That was my post from the testimonials page. I cut and pasted it from here.

My grand daughter is now living with us - going to school and even just got an "A" on a math test. She goes with me to walk our dog 2 miles a day now and I am doing everything I can to help her recover from the nasty mess that adults made of her life.

She has a few characters either she plays or I level up for her when she is doing other stuff.

Flying Turd Flinger (she is 10 after all)
BlackVeil Bride
Scarey Clown Bunny
Electric Chelsea
Chelsea Bean

I even have her starting to read Arrows of the Queen!

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2012, 05:13:59 PM »

My grand daughter is now living with us - going to school and even just got an "A" on a math test. She goes with me to walk our dog 2 miles a day now and I am doing everything I can to help her recover from the nasty mess that adults made of her life.

She has a few characters either she plays or I level up for her when she is doing other stuff.

BlackVeil Bride
Scarey Clown Bunny
Electric Chelsea
Chelsea Bean

Yay! Woot! That's awesome. ^_^

Although... ooh... You might want to hold off on the third book in that trilogy for awhile... It's very good. But there are some pretty adult and even traumatic themes going on there that might - given what she's been through, be pretty tough.

Then again, it could be cathartic as well. Just want to give you a heads up in case you yourself haven't read it.

Terwyn

• Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2012, 05:14:17 PM »
Please tell her, from one without voice to another, I have heard her clearly. ^_^
- Albert Einstein

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2012, 10:54:38 PM »

BlackVeil Bride
Scarey Clown Bunny
Electric Chelsea
Chelsea Bean

I wish I had her courage at her age. 
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 12:17:03 AM »

I love her already.

But yeah, hold off on the second AND third books.  The trilogy was written for adults so...ahem.  There is sex.  And a lot of trauma.

HOWEVER the new Collegium Chronicles series WAS written to be YA friendly.  So no sex or excessive trauma.

Also for a fun read, Rosemary Edghill and my zombies and Wild Wild West tribute, Dead Reckoning from Bloomsbury.  She's gonna love Honoria and Jett.

I strongly recommend Diane Duane's "Wizard" series--begins with So You Want To Be A Wizard. 

And of course, Diane Wynne Jones' Howl's Moving Castle.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Terwyn

• Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 02:01:25 AM »
I'd like to post the second entry tomorrow.

Is there anything that should be changed or added?
- Albert Einstein

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 02:52:53 AM »
I'm good with it, just as long as you guys know I don't think I'm all that and a bag of chips.  Deal?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Terwyn

• Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 03:03:45 AM »
I'm good with it, just as long as you guys know I don't think I'm all that and a bag of chips.  Deal?

I respect you as much as I respect any of my teachers (you have certainly already filled that role in several ways). You have no need to worry about ego-stroking from me. ^_^

Also, I made two changes - I linked directly to the October 2nd announcement, and mentioned that the stock price is down 19% from its position on the day it was announced the game was closing down, linking to the company's stock register via Reuters.

This may be risky, but I do not care. I have not lied.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:16:54 AM by Terwyn »
- Albert Einstein

Mentalshock

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 04:03:09 AM »
I respect you as much as I respect any of my teachers (you have certainly already filled that role in several ways). You have no need to worry about ego-stroking from me. ^_^

Also, I made two changes - I linked directly to the October 2nd announcement, and mentioned that the stock price is down 19% from its position on the day it was announced the game was closing down, linking to the company's stock register via Reuters.

This may be risky, but I do not care. I have not lied.

I think it might be a little unhealthy that way that you were indulging in loud maniacal laughter at the same time as posting it.   That said, I gleefully joined in, but I think that says more about me than it does about you.

Terwyn

• Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 07:25:54 PM »
http://missingworlds.wordpress.com/2012/10/28/voices-from-paragon-part-ii/

The post is now live. I would encourage commentary and sharing as much as possible.

I am hoping that my contacts in the publishing world notice the very alarming information VV provides. That could help us build momentum.
- Albert Einstein

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 07:28:59 PM »
Thank YOU my friend.  I'm going to be linking your blog post over on CCCP in the next article I do, which will be about NCSoft's failed "strategies."

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 07:35:54 PM »
Shared with the FB troops, and about to tweet it to #saveCOH :)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 07:46:32 PM »
Who knew that The Coming Storm (tm) would be the Rise of COH Community?  8)

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »
Awsome project and a very good article...real life has all but eaten me alive this week so I'm just catching up now...but fantastic job.  I just really hope we break through to mainstream soon...we are*so* close I can feel it.
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »

You are all that and the bag of chips, VV. Not the little ones that come with a value meal at Subway either, I mean a whole big Family Value bag of chips you get at Walmart or the grocery store. You've been a big help with this community, and helped bolster us more than once. You've proven a valued friend, and an invaluable mentor to several of us--intentionally or not.

You're just going to have to come to terms with it some day. The horrible, awful truth, that sits at the center of your being, that terrible secret you silently dread: you are actually an awesome person.

It's horrifying, I know, but I'm sure with time and strong support you'll come to terms with it. ;)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

The_Rottweiler

• Boss
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2012, 08:19:18 PM »
Nacho Cheese Doritos, even.