Author Topic: I asked for help in L2 Forums  (Read 5982 times)

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Re: I asked for help in L2 Forums
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 01:28:04 PM »
This reply of theirs filled me with a seething rage.

I have to laugh bitterly... How STUPID do they think we are? They pulled this before on October 2nd! And it's even MORE transparent and phony now! To say they LOVED THE GAME?????

They have just made it certain that we will be MORE "negative and hurtful" to them and their products due to their smarmy condescension!

We have them on the ropes and they want us to stop!

MORE! MORE! MORE!

TO THE PAIN!

To once again borrow the words of my friend Vhaillor:

TRANSLATION OF NCSOFT BULLSHIT SPEAK:

"We feel really bad for setting that puppy on fire. We want you to know that we loved the puppy too. But once we doused in in gasoline and lit it on fire, we just couldn't put it out."

"We even tried waving a fan at it to put the flames out and everything, but sadly all options are exhausted. Now let's please stop trying to put the puppy out, and instead hug and share happy memories of the puppy while it burns to death."

And also please stop mentioning to everyone how we set puppies on fire."

Oh NCSoft, I'm trying hard to see things from your perspective, but try as I might I just can't get my head lodged that far up my ass.

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 01:30:51 PM »
Not bad...
for a video that was posted almost an entire month ago....
I believe it's an indicator of what their official press release called "aggressively tailoring the title for Western players". Presumably they think adding a rock track to a game video, taking out all the gratuitous boob shots and replacing them with clips of that bizarre anthro-kiddy race waving big swords, then sticking faux movie credits up at the end makes the product 'western'.

Yes. Well. I think this is my answer to that -

It's not the Video it's the ....

엔씨소프트 Dear NCSOFT Facebook Fan...

4 hours ago our foe had blinked a second time.  There is now blood in the water and Mako and his buddies are circling.

Indeed - and it's interesting to see how closely that vacuous comment of theirs follows the previous corporate line we've seen from them. The same bizarre message from NCsoft On High that says "We love CoH...that's why we're killing CoH". The weirdest thing to me is that they bothered replying at all. Perhaps they think that if they repeat the lie often enough, even they will start to believe it?

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 01:40:14 PM »
Lastly, for the users who enjoy other games of NCSOFT, we would greatly appreciate it if you can hold back the negative and hurtful comments.
Thank you very much.
"So we can basically pull it again the next time we feel like it".
I will admit it saddens me a bit that it had to come to this, since I -do- enjoy some of their other games, and I have always understood it when they closed previous games. (Lineage 1 and Auto Assault were no brainers, they WERE losing money, I'm fairly sure Exteel and Dungeon Runners fell into that category too - which just leaves TB as a question mark to me, but I can only base it on what I've heard from others since I never played it past beta).
Here's to hoping they'll show reason at some point...

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »
Don't worry Kheprera it's not the Video it's the post NCsoft made.  They Post is now here as well been posted by someone else.

Ahh, thanks!

Yeah.  NCSoft has lost my family as customers.  Their pleading falls on deaf ears.

I learned a long time ago that once a relationship is broken, there's no going back.  It might be nice and rosy at first, but no one changes in the end.  They'll do this again and I, for one, won't be throwing my money into a burning firepit.

If they make a CoH2 without Our Most Awesome Dev Team, then they can go suck an egg.

I'd rather play WoW. (Note: Does not  play WoW and is not in the least interested.)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 03:10:33 PM »
NCsoft has a video promo for Boobs and Skanks (posted September 28) to showcase what looks like an event that started October 1.

There's a whole wall of comments following the video - most of which are "no, I'm not going to play this game after how you've handled CoH."

And then there's this response from NCsoft:
Dear NCSOFT Facebook Fan,

We feel immense gratitude towards your love and enthusiasm of 'City of Heroes'. It has been quite the privilege and we would like to thank you all. 'City of Heroes' is the world's first and best Super Heroes MMORPG. It has received unconditional love for more than 8 years and it is like a family member of this company.

However, to provide a better game and service in the future, we have made the tough decision to discontinue the game. It was very hard on all of us here at NCSOFT.

NCSOFT will strive for a better game and superior service and anticipates the day that we will meet again. We are confident that we will not look back towards today's choice with regret.

Lastly, for the users who enjoy other games of NCSOFT, we would greatly appreciate it if you can hold back the negative and hurtful comments.

Thank you very much.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 03:13:36 PM »
Oh, how about that. They now have a standardized response to CoH-related activity, and possibly anything anti-NCsoft/B&S.

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5966.0.html